Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody like the lowly perch?

Years ago my dad and brother and I use to fish one lake that was full of them.In a row boat I would sit in the front and the water was clear that you can see a ways in the water and I would watch for the schools of perch and told my dad and then we would slow drop anchor and then start to fish for them and use 2 poles and was just able to keep up bring them in.We would use just garden worms or worms from the manure pile.Those are the ones the fish like the best.later on someone had the smart Idea to put pike in the lake and that was the end of the perch.You could not get them like use to.Also the bluegills and other sunfish.That was back east.out here just get one once in awhile ,mainly get bluegills.they are good eating also.Use worms from manure pile and all type of fish like them.Also fish on the Mississippi River.
    Had caught some fish with grubs.Just clean the fish like normal and after when you cook them you will not have any problems with them.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    To be honest, I would rather catch a pail full of perch than try to fight the tourists for the trout during the warmer months. I have seen them put back 10 inch perch because they would rather try and spend the rest of the day landing a rainbow trout instead of a few perch.
    I landed this one during a warm spell in September when fishing with my son. I got it in about 4 feet of water off of a dock along with a few of his 8 and 9 inch long siblings.

Whatever cannot be remedied, must be endured.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123