RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: quickload set up help

Boolit Master

quickload set up help

Please move this if this is not the appropriate sub-forum.

Just received the quickload program. I have been playing around with it and trying to get familiar with its functions etc. How do I add boolits to the list of projectiles available?? I wanted to add the cast boolits I shoot and also be able to add any new ones I get molds for. Help!!!! Thanks!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wlc View Post
    Please move this if this is not the appropriate sub-forum.

Just received the quickload program. I have been playing around with it and trying to get familiar with its functions etc. How do I add boolits to the list of projectiles available?? I wanted to add the cast boolits I shoot and also be able to add any new ones I get molds for. Help!!!! Thanks!!
    I highly recommend that you create a new bullet file for your personal bullets. If you try to add to the existing bullet database, it can sometimes really screw it up.

Go to the top left of the main form in Menu Bar and click "Main Menu"
    This will change the Menu Bar listings.
    Click "Data:Ad, Change, Load, Save"
    Hover the cursor over the "Projectile/Bullet data" menu item.
    Select "Create a new bullet file" to open a file access window.

In the Filename window, enter the name of your new bullet database ( mybullets, castbullets, etc) Then click OK.

Now you have created a database file to hold your bullet records.

Go back to the Menu Bar listings.
    Click "Data:Ad, Change, Load, Save".
    Hover the cursor over the "Projectile/Bullet data" menu item.
    Select "Change data records in active file" to open the bullet data editor module.

The top window will show the name of the bullet file you just created and indicate that it is an empty file.

Replace the Text in that window with the Vendor Name and bullet ID of the bullet you wish to enter. such as { Lyman 454190 }

Edit all the remaining fields with the values of your bullet (you need only edit the inches column on the left, the software will calculate the millimeter values in the right column.

When you are finished editing, Click the "Add New" button to post the bullet data into the file.

You do not need to create a new database for each bullet record that you enter. Just add the new record to the bullet file you created.

You can use the same procedure to enter new or custom cartridge/case records and firearm records.

I would strongly urge you to open the QuickLoad userguide and take the time to read and understand it. (It is a long, involved, complex PDF file but well worth taking the time to carefully read and learn the full potential of the QuickLoad software)

Hope this helps.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Boolit Master
    Thanks Tom. I've been reading through the user guide and have been trying to learn the functions ect. It may just be me, but your instructions made more sense to me than the ones I found in the user guide after I posted my help request.