RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Natchez shipping cost!!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jhickdog View Post
    Exactly why I stopped buying from them. Their prices are good, but the shipping is terrible.
    They were always a bit hight but $17.05 is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    Last years was the last time I ordered from them for this reason. Midway or brownells may be a few cents more, but what I save in shipping makes it a much better deal.
    Yep.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

I was "forced" to buy from Natchez when they were the only one to have a set of dies I needed in stock at the moment (a few months ago). The shipping was very slow and I was given 2-3 estimates which were all wrong. On top of that, I paid the most from them in terms of s&h then I ever have from any company.

I dunno if it's relevant or not, but the company I worked for prior to retirement shipped hundreds of thousands of pounds of stuff via Fed Ex every year. Spare parts for our machines, and mechanic's tools from one job to the next, mostly. With a little cajoling, I was able to get the people who managed this to let me ship my Christmas packages and what not, reimbursing the company in cash, at a rate that was about HALF of what the "retail customer" pays. I don't doubt that when any on-line retailer charges $20 shipping they're really paying $10. It's a racket, but it pays the bills, is their motto. Makes shopping at the LGS a little less painful at times.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    Heck, if you guys had to pay what we pay to get stuff shipped to Canada you'd actually have something to complain about. That said, Natchez did charge more than usual on my last order and i was not impressed. Seems like shipping rates have gone up dramatically in the last few months.

Boolit Master
    I don't know why these mail order houses don't use the "Small If It Ships It Fits Box"....The boxes are free and Priority Shipping, with free tracking, is $5.15 to anywhere in the USA. Most everything I order from Brownells will fit bin one of these boxes yet they use their own box and charge 40-80% more.

Who's running these companies anyways!
    Roy B
    Massachusetts

www.rvbprecision.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbertalotto View Post
    I don't know why these mail order houses don't use the "Small If It Ships It Fits Box"....The boxes are free and Priority Shipping, with free tracking, is $5.15 to anywhere in the USA. Most everything I order from Brownells will fit bin one of these boxes yet they use their own box and charge 40-80% more.

Who's running these companies anyways!
    This is one reason I always check Amazon before i order something. The price may be a buck higher but with free shipping on most things it more then offsets the higher price. With internet searches so easy I don't understand what all the complaining is about. Just search out someone who has a better price. Eventually Natchez, and other companies using the same tatics, will get the message and start bringing their shipping cost in line. As long as people keep ordering from them they will keep using the high shipping rates.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Grand Master
    Natchez won't sell to me anyway. Looks like it may be a blessing.
    I'm too close to them they say...............

Ben

Boolit Master
    My PAST orders from Natchez easily total over $10K. I buy from them no more since their shipping got so much higher than others.
    ph4570

Boolit Master
    I have made my last order from natchezss, last item i ordered if memory serves was a 309 lube size die. Price was reasonable enough andd nobody else had one at the time.
    shipping was i believe over 13 dollars. You all know how little a single die and punch weigh. Happy trails natchezss

Boolit Master
    WOW!!! That is stupid high.

Yeah! You have to watch them on shipping but they usually have very competitive merchandise prices. If you look on the back of their monthly phamplet they say they will use USPS flat rate if requested and if possible. Then they like to charge the large flat rate box charge when it could fit in the medium sized box. IIRC they also have a basic handling charge (as many others do). So my conclusion is you must be a "total item cost buyer" and weigh in the shipping charges etc. just like with every other retailer. Business is Business.

BTW I still use them but "Ya got to watch the Shipping".

regards,

Best prices on most things reloading I have found. I can use DHL as my carrier unless it is ORM-D stuff. I ordered 7 items a couple days ago and everything was cheaper than any competitor by far and shipping was only $10. One item in the cart instead of $7 was still the same shipping

Item prices compared to Midway was $16 cheaper at Natchezs.

Natchezs
    Wideners
    Powder Valley

My top choices for ordering online.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    This is an easy one. When times get better, REMEMBER YOUR FRIENDS.

For a 12$ /hour shipping clerk and a huge bag af cheap shipping materials, natchez could easily be shipping goods to us at a cheaper price and making a smaller margin on the effort. Their decision was to act as if shipping was a product sale and make a good profit on it. And you better believe they make a good profit on the goods they resell.

BvT

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Used to order from Natchezz all the time, liked their pricing and even enjoyed talking to their sales reps, but their shipping costs got way out of hand.

Amazing that I can order a quality leather bill fold from china for $5.50 shipping encluded right to my door, or a Bulova watch from just about anywhere in the world for $3.00 to $5.00 dollars shipping, and have it in hand from anywhere in the U.S. in 3 days, out of country in less than 2 weeks, and that encludes working thru customs.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master

Guess this is the main reason I go with GRAF & Midway.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

It's been a couple of years since I bought anything from Natchez. I felt like I got screwed on shipping on the last two orders.
    You boys gonna draw them pistols or whistle Dixie

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent fishing."
    ------Babylonian Proverb

Boolit Master
    for small orders shipping is high in a lot of places. I've been pricing things out over the past few months as things come in and go in stock. for the same 5 or so items. shipping is the same between midway natchez and midsouth. natchez has them beat on pricing by a significant amount. Many of the items I look at are 18-20% cheaper at natchez. i don't usually buy a single item at one time when purchasing online, cuz i know i will always get screwed on shipping. I try to pack as much as i can. hazmat tag? order 50k primers and max that sucker out.

at least they ship to you. in Alaska i'm told they only ship to Co's in the USA. uhmmm it happened in 1959... so send it on up. also USPS win't ship hydocarbons so any thing that comes with a oil anything or a battery is a no go... were not in usa and were not canada. ( at .03 an acre i think it was still a good deal ).

The trouble is mail ordering just one or two small items their shipping bites you from all of them. Midway wanted 15$ to ship a 3$ part and said 2-3 weeks. When ya buy over a hunerd $ the shipping doesn't seem so ridiculous. Natchez does rite by me. Midway does ok. Grafs does ok but takes fooooooorrrrrreeeeevvvvvveeeeerrrrrr. Natchez is usually cheaper.

Boolit Master

When I order sometimes I'll open up 3 computer windows and put all the stuff I want in the three baskets and check the total after shipping. Order from the lowest. Of course this was pre crazy times.

I like a lot of them but Midway has been very high for most stuff but they used to be likely to have the item. Wideners was good in the old days but they're online offerings are too limited.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast