Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: CVA 1858 Remington Army Kit

CVA 1858 Remington Army Kit

Any idea what this might be worth? It appears to have all of the pieces. All of the steel pieces are in the white and have a small amount of surface rust, nothing that a bit of steel wool wouldn't clean up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1858kit.jpg  
    In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say "Stop, or I'll say stop again."

Boolit Master

Are you buying this kit gun, selling it or showing it to us?
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Well you can get a finished, blued steel Pietta for 220 dollars on sale, right now. Unless there's something special about the CVA then, it'd be worth substantially less than 220 dollars.

There seems to be some level of doubt also, as you use the term "appears to have" all the parts. When you buy a new one from a reputable company which stands behind the product, you WILL get all the parts. Point there is that the level of doubt reduces the appeal, and thus the value, even more.

BUT if there's something really special about the CVA then go all out for it.

Boolit Mold
    Be invaluable as a learning experience, but only to those who don't have a Remmy to start with. As Omnivore pointed out, Piettas are cheap right now (maybe you could sell it on ebay, folks there regularly seem to pay outrageous amounts for things I can buy for pennies).

Boolit Master
    I doubt a CVA kit is worth a whole lot. I remember paying $80 brand new for a CVA navy copy kit. It makes a decent shooting gun, but little value. I bought a ready to shoot Pietta 1858 from Cabellas for $179. CVA was generally regarded as the bottom of the pile when it came to value and quality. I bought a kentucky rifle kit once, when they still made CVA, guess now its traditions. Went round and round with it trying to get it to work, plus missing parts out of a brand new unopened kit. Only way it would shoot straight was to ignore the loading instructions that came with it. And generally would not fire with any reliability with any kind of substitute.

It's quite likely an Armi San Marco (ASM) gun and from a collector's standpoint worth about the same as a new Pietta or maybe a little more during the holidays. As mentioned earlier, ebay would be the place to sell this, in pieces, for maximum profit.
    "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:18