WidenersRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tula primers

Boolit Buddy

tula primers

if anybody has tried these I would be interested in hearing how they performed

I have been loading with them for several years now. Loaded several LP, and SP in revolver and pistol calibers. Loaded 2500-3000 and shot at least 2000 of them and never a hickup. I did have some very old .45 Colt brass that you really had to push to seat the primer flush with the bottom of the cases. They were .003 deeper than CCI large pistol, but the CCI's also were hard to seat flush. I will hand clean these cases as I load the rest or reload those already loaded.

I did load 500 or so of the Tula small rifle for my son in law and he shot them in various ARs and had no issues. The price break was good for range ammo usage. I still buy US primers for accuracy and for bench rest and competition rifle loads. I prefer the way they are packaged over the CCI's and Remingtons. easier to place in primer flipper tray to load primer tubes. Wish I could justify an automatic primer tube loader!!!

Any primer at this point in history. Glad I had 10K plus on hand.

Boolit Master

I have used them in revolver and autos without a problem. They perform just fine for me.

Boolit Buddy
    thanks

Boolit Master
    There are mixed feelings on them same as wolf, but at 15 per k who can complain

They pop when hit by a firing pin.

Boolit Man
    On another site I frequent there's a big discussion about Tula primers and the comments have been mixed. I have used their small rifle magnum primers for several years with very few FTF's in my AR's and find them to be extremely economically priced as compared to other brands. I also use their small pistol primers and have had equally good results. To me they're a good deal and reliable enough to continue buying.

One of the questions posed was......are Tula and Wolf ultimately the same primer? I know they're made at the same Russian facility but appear to be different. Anyone know for sure?

Boolit Master
    Again, there are mixed stories with wolf and tula primers are the same or not. When I was shopping for primers, I noticed everywhere tula was significantly more expensive than wolf.

Boolit Mold
    Yeah but they are in stock now at Natchez Large Rifle Magnum primers

If they are the same as wolf, I have used the .223 SRP for .40 .223 and .300 aac loads. First pack in the same 1k box were oversized and were very hard to seat with a manual hand primer, the rest went in smooth. But they ALL went bang. If you want to shoot groups, get something else. I cant get it below 1moa with the same load with cci primers that shoot 1/2 moa or better. Saves only half a cent per shot. If you can find ANY primers. stock up then tell me so I can stock up lol.

Boolit Master

I use Wolf in my match rifles for accuracy reasons. The price I paid for them is just gravy. I use SRM in my AR-15 NM at 200/300/600 and LRM in my 6XC 600 yard prone rifle and I use LR in my 6.5-284 1000 yard rifle.

Murom Device would be the actual manufacturer, I am surprised to hear that some think the Tula brand is different than Wolf, PMC or the original Russian packaging. If Tula is indeed different this is a first, in the past the packaging made no difference. I bought them with the Wolf packaging and I am very glad I did.

Boolit Master

Natchez has some CCI BR LR primers in stock but at $52/1000 and they also have some Federal Champion LR in stock for $32/1000, at least they did 5 minutes ago!

I've heard internet stories of people having issue with the lead free versions.

I've poped a few Wolf primers. Get very low E.S. readings with them. LR and SR.

Boolit Grand Master

www.DAGAmmo.com. Dominic is the brother of the importer and handles most of the sales. He's USMC and a good guy.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    I have used then and had no complaints. I thought they were on the hard end of the spectrum, but I don't claim top have used every brand of primer there is.

Boolit Master
    If the price margin on then is still what it used to be, then they are worth a shot for half the price of winchester federal and cci. Problem was no one locally had them.

Boolit Buddy
    I use them and like them. I don't use them for high accuracy loads only because I have not evaluated them for those loads. I used a bunch this afternoon in a 300 blackout AR and they worked great.

Haven't used the Tula brand, but Wolf is now my go-to primer, especially in .223. Haven't seen any real proof where the wolf SRM primer can be beat in that cartridge. I would guess that I have loaded somewhere around 25 or 30 thousand wolf's, small and large, pistol and rifle. I can honestly say that I can remember only two misfires and can't prove that they weren't my fault in the priming process. I will tell you this...there was a time when I didn't have any small pistol primers so I loaded my .38 rounds with small rifle magnum primers. Only about 4 out of 10 would ignite. I found out the firing pin on my firearm was not strong enough to fire the primer. Never did that again.....wolf primers are an outstanding value and outstanding performer, IMO.
    314th Air Divsion
    20th Tactical Air Support Squadron
    RVN 67-68 & 68-69

Personal and Up "Close Air Support"

Boolit Master

I have used Tula LP and SP primers and have not had any issues. I have shot about 2K small pistol primers in the last 2 months, and around 1.5K large pistol. I have not had any FTF problems and they have loaded just fine. I use them im all my pistol loads and in SR for my ar's. And the price difference makes me like them even better.

I still use Rem and CCI for my rifle loads, because I have a stock of them, and I dont use as many of them as I do pistol, but if I run out of the Rem and CCI, I would use the Tula there also.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master
    I have been through about 6 or 7 thousand of them. Works fine for me.