RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: WTB 22lr brass

Boolit Mold

WTB 22lr brass

Would like to buy 22lr brass. 20.00 per 1000 Would prefer quantities above 2000

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Dragoonhit - over a 100 or so other shooters would like to buy 22LR primed empty cases. There was only a one time sale about 2 years ago of the cases and they went like greased lightning. Since then I have contacted over a dozen ammo suppliers and their answer is 'No, legal liability'. ArmsCor is the only vendor that will sell just the brass - the order has to be 500,000 or better.
    Good Luck!
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

I suspect this is about empties for swaging, not primed for reloading...

Boolit Master
    Would you be interested in tradding for your finished bullets?

Boolit Master
    Hmm, looks like I may need to start picking up those empty's. I have only been picking up the magnums, and 17HRM's.

Boolit Mold
    Yes i want them for swaging

would you be interested in swapping for swagged bullet? not for sure of qty i have but have been saving for that reason.
    man who pees uphill gets feet wet with experience

Boolit Buddy
    I have 1000 . Send me a pm if interested.

Roger
    Let's make AMERICA Great again!!!

Boolit Master

PM sent on bulk

Boolit Grand Master

As the old story goes, I once bought 80 gal of indoor range brass for the handgun brass I needed. I had no use for the 22 LR brass and scrapped over 16 gal of it.
    Now I too would like some for swaging.
    As much worthless junk as I've saved, Why O Why, did I dispose of that now valuable brass?
    BTW When separated, I had over 93 gal total. That stuff was nested so bad that it took several days to segregate.

Talk to the clubs in your area and offer them $2 or $3 a lb more for the .22 casings than what they get for it from the scrap metal dealer. You'll get a few thousand to start with and there's more generated on a daily basis. There is certainly no possible need to ship the stuff or to pay $20/K.
    Witty saying to be plagarized shortly.....

Boolit Mold
    Your right I have found someone to sell it to me for 2 to 3 dollars a pound plus shipping. Im going to have to wait a month or two so I can get more

where u located? i have a 5 gal bucket full, would you be interested in trading for finished 55g bullets

dragoonhit, are there no clubs in your area? What about commonly used plinking locations? Even club ranges that separate out and sell the other brass to reloaders sell their .22LR brass for scrap to the local scrap metal outfits. They'd be happy to get even a buck a pound more for it from you than pack it off to a scrap dealer. And you wouldn't need to pay for shipping.

Even if you're in the middle of nowhere and there's no clubs typically there is always a commonly used area for plinking. Start scouting the area and you can pick up literally thousands of casings for free other than your time over the next few weeks. I assume weathering is an issue so you'll want to visit the area on a weekly basis. But unless I miss my guess you will find that the weekly "harvest" will net you easily a thousand casings a visit if you're patient enough to spend that long picking them up.

The key here is that shipping will make your casings a lot more expensive than they need to be. The $3 a thousand for the brass if fine. Shipping will easily quadruple the price.
    Witty saying to be plagarized shortly.....

PM sent, thanks.

Boolit Bub
    is there a link that talks about swagging 22lr into bullets? Just curious...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ggenovez View Post
    is there a link that talks about swagging 22lr into bullets? Just curious...
    There's a whole forum on this board about swaging, much of which revolves around converting fired rimfire brass (.22, .22 Mag, .17 HMR, 5 mm Mag, and soon to be .17 WSM) into jackets for bullets ranging from .224 up to (with the newest entry) possibly as large as .308/.311. Vendor member BT Sniper answers lots of questions and posts his own swaging results.

Boolit Mold
    i have about a thousand, maybe two. Trade for swaged .45 acp?

Boolit Mold
    Found some great sellers, Still looking for 22lr brass. 15 to 17 lbs at a time

Boolit Mold

Dragoonhit, if there is an Appleseed near you that would be a good place to pick up thousands of 22lr cases. Each shooter for the weekend will run through around 500 rounds or so.