Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Powder Valley called me this morning.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Powder Valley called me this morning.

Powder Valley surprised me this morning with a call saying my powder was in but some bullets that I wanted were still on back order. They wanted to know if it was alright to ship the powder now.
    I had ordered 8# of Titegroup and 8# of H335.
    I said forget the bullets, I didn't really need them and ship the powder. I got my emailed invoice this afternoon.
    I figured it would have been a longer wait. I ordered the powder on the 25th of last month. I thought that they were wayyyyyyy behind plus what I ordered was a back order.
    i wasn't in a bind for the powder, just adding to my stock plus I've been hitting the Titegroup pretty hard lately.
    I figured the AR shooters would have the H335 back ordered so far back it would take months to catch up.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

Yeah, Powder Valley called me about a typo on my order. Got it straight about 2:00pm on a Wed. Got the invoice by 4:30, and got the package by 4:00 the next day! Great people, Great service! They are my favorite place to shop online. And they have NOT raised prices during the crunch. I really admire them for that. I have noticed several places that have gone up a lot, but not PV.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master
    I just made my first order with them at the end of the month for some powder and primers that were in stock. I noticed last week there is something on there about sending in a copy of my DL? They ship signature required I am sure, but you guys send in your drivers licence too? I have always got my supplies locally to avoid the hazmat fee so I am new to this ammunition component over the internet thing.

Boolit Master
    Got 10K of small rifle primers last month at $26 per k and 3000 69gr match bullets at decent price plus 4lbs of wst and 2 lbs of wsf. Glad they did not raise prices.

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    I just made my first order with them at the end of the month for some powder and primers that were in stock. I noticed last week there is something on there about sending in a copy of my DL? They ship signature required I am sure, but you guys send in your drivers licence too? I have always got my supplies locally to avoid the hazmat fee so I am new to this ammunition component over the internet thing.
    Yes I did. Several years ago now but they require a copy of your DL on file to ship primers or powder.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Grand Master

Just went to Powder Valley & they had 4759 so I ordered 8 pounds. Price is up but not as bad as I've seen it at other places. I printed the reciept & they charged $27.50 hazmat but no shipping charges so that helped. They are out of most all other powders that I use.

Not a primer in stock but I'm not yet hurting for primers, about a year and a half ago I went to an estate sale and the poor fellow that no longer needed them seems to have been quite the hoarder & I picked up a nice supply of my two most used primers at less than retail at that time. With things as they are today I wish I had bought them all at that price, could have been a life time supply for me but . . .

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Just went to Powder Valley & they had 4759 so I ordered 8 pounds. Price is up but not as bad as I've seen it at other places. I printed the reciept & they charged $27.50 hazmat but no shipping charges so that helped. They are out of most all other powders that I use.

Not a primer in stock but I'm not yet hurting for primers, about a year and a half ago I went to an estate sale and the poor fellow that no longer needed them seems to have been quite the hoarder & I picked up a nice supply of my two most used primers at less than retail at that time. With things as they are today I wish I had bought them all at that price, could have been a life time supply for me but . . .

Rick
    Freight is not quoted until it ships fwiw

I got my invoice last week. Got shipping info with a tracking number today. They are running behind but at least I got it.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ga41 View Post
    Freight is not quoted until it ships fwiw
    Correct. They will add the actual freight charge to the order after it ships and they actually bill you, so expect another $20 or more on the quote.

I have ordered from PV on a couple of occasions and don't remember having to fax or mail a copy of my DL, nor was the order shipped "signature required", although both practices have my support considering how indiscreet the delivery guys are.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    I have ordered from PV on a couple of occasions and don't remember having to fax or mail a copy of my DL, nor was the order shipped "signature required", although both practices have my support considering how indiscreet the delivery guys are. Gear
    Agree, I also wouldn't mind a couple of bucks extra for insurance.

I'm waiting on a PV order right now. Was in stock when I ordered, out of stock now. I don't know why it would take 2 weeks plus to ship an order that was in stock, do they have that much stock that they are that far behind in just shipping? It never used to. Anyway, over two weeks now, I got an order reciept but haven't heard from them since.

Also waiting on a couple of molds from Miha that were going to be shipped in February. I just keep repeating over and over. . . Anticipation is fun. Anticipation is fun.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Well, I sent of my DL info, and got my invoice last week so hopefully I will have some additional primers and powder soon. I did not get to take a vacation around Christmas this year because all of the parts and mags I order pre-Lanza that were delayed. 1000$ became 5000$ that would have just been left at my doorstep without a signature that was supposed to be delivered before Christmas. All that mess really screwed up my holiday. It is still screwing with deliveries to my LGS so I had to go into the abyss of the internet to get powder and primers. Maybe I am just being paranoid, but I have always been a cash, and carry kind of guy when it comes to reloading consumables. Oh well, looks like I'm all in now.

Was in stock when I ordered, out of stock now. I don't know why it would take 2 weeks plus to ship an order that was in stock, do they have that much stock that they are that far behind in just shipping? It never used to. Anyway, over two weeks now, I got an order reciept but haven't heard from them since.

Rick
    I believe that it says on their home page that they are at least two weeks behind on shipping due to all of the orders they are filling.
    As long as you can get it, the wait is not bad.

Back when I first started ordering from them several years ago, they requested a copy of your DL. Things may have changed now.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    Back when I first started ordering from them several years ago, they requested a copy of your DL. Things may have changed now.
    For the last 20 yrs., every mail order place that I have ordered powder, primers, or loaded ammunition from has required a copy of my DL.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Master
    Ordered 8lbs. HS-6 from PV on Jan.28 which was in stock. . According to thier web site they are now processing orders placed on Jan.26 so I guess with luck I will receive it in another week or two. I am down to my last few hundred rounds worth of WW-231.

The copy of DL being rquired is amusing in some way as it is required for powder and primers however not required for amunation which contains both. Same deal with signature being required for powder and primers but not for ammo.
    NRA Patron Member
    Vet . 2nd of the 47th 9th.Inf. Viet Nam Mar. 67-68

Boolit Master
    Case stuffer, that is interesting. Maybe they should require a DL for that too. The individuals who never load there own, and order ammo on the interweb have been prominent in the news these days. If whoever thinks I need to be monitored for purchasing reloading supplies doesn't think someone ordering 2000 round of 223 to an apartment is weird something is up. I cant say I have even bought a box of anything but .22lr from the lgs in over 6 years let alone ever on the internet. well, except for primers anyway.
    The hazmat fee has kept me away, and I like to try things a pound at a time.

Boolit Master
    Also waiting on a couple of molds from Miha that were going to be shipped in February. I just keep repeating over and over. . . Anticipation is fun. Anticipation is fun.

Rick
    You and me both. Thanks for getting that mold going btw. I cant wait to cast it up! That was the primary motivator to order up some Lil gun from PV.

Boolit Master
    I have ordered power and primers over the years from Grafs, PV, Midway, and Cabeals. The orders have always require a delivery signature. I don't remember ever giving my DL. I am not doubting you guys at all. Could it be state laws where they are shipping to requiring them to take a copy of the DL?

Boolit Master
    SHipping regulations are a PITA it seems. This one confuses me.

http://www.natchezss.com/customerSer...D=shippingInfo

Shipping is not available for Tennessee, Georgia or Alabama

Perhaps it is one of those old fueding things.
    NRA Patron Member
    Vet . 2nd of the 47th 9th.Inf. Viet Nam Mar. 67-68

I made an online order from Graf & Son a while back. All they required was an adult signature upon delivery.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Case Stuffer View Post
    SHipping regulations are a PITA it seems. This one confuses me.

http://www.natchezss.com/customerSer...D=shippingInfo

Perhaps it is one of those old fueding things.
    Natchez is located in Chattanooga TN which is within a few miles of both Georgia and Alabama. Since they are also a wholesale concern, they are protecting their retail customers. Many times I would have liked to place an order but that restriction prevented me from taking advantage of a particularly good price.

Based on what I have read on another thread on gauging, there will be some who will take Natchez to task for not selling to these states.
    John
    W.TN