Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What to ask for?

Boolit Buddy

What to ask for?

So i got a few printing shops in the area and from here i hear they are a source of lino lead. But what exactly do i ask for when i go in there. Don't want to look the fool if I don't know what Im asking for. THanks

Boolit Master

Linotype machines have been obsolete in the printing industry for literally decades; the only print shop that might still be using cast type is one that hasn't upgraded since PageMaker came out around 1980 (and there probably aren't many of those still in business). The alloy is still produced mainly for us, bullet casters, as it's a known quantity to be alloyed with pure lead to produce bullets of a given hardness.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by I'll Make Mine View Post
    Linotype machines have been obsolete in the printing industry for literally decades.
    Your chances of scoring Lino at a print shop are very poor. As quoted above, Linotypes are long gone from the printing industry except at a very few specialty shops. Most shops likely won't even know what a Linotype is/was.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    But - to answer your question..

Linotype, monotype, or any other printing metals. (there are several others).

Bob
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.