Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunshow Prices

Boolit Mold

Gunshow Prices

Just came back from the Kansas City gun shop. Rimfire prices started at $50.00 a brick. Brand makes no difference. This includes the $17.50 Walmart stuff.

Went to shoot Taurus Revolver today. Hornady .17HMR Varmint Express Ammo 4shot bullet stuck in barrel lot # DO5K16. Frist time this gun was shot 1 split case at the shoulder also.

Boolit Master

Was at the gun show in Wilmington NC this morning, only seen a few bricks (500-525) of .22LR and they were running $50-55. The 325 value packs were going for $40.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Sat was the local show here, and while .22 and.223 ammo were unobtanium, and the walking hawking wanted a killing for black guns, the vendor prices werent bad at all, not above the norm for sure, three wks ago another local show was awful, no stock and crazy koney prices... guess things are slowing down? The local gander mtn had swamp people .22's in buckets 5000 for $75 i believe.. but they were gone before noon
    Any man who seeks to live free should keep a Bible on his desk and a .45 in the drawer.

Boolit Mold
    Seems like we shooters/suppliers are taking advantage of our fellow shooters. Let's remember these friends in the future.

Good shooting,

DH

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Quote Originally Posted by cloakndagger View Post
    Sat was the local show here, and while .22 and.223 ammo were unobtanium, and the walking hawking wanted a killing for black guns, the vendor prices werent bad at all, not above the norm for sure, three wks ago another local show was awful, no stock and crazy koney prices... guess things are slowing down? The local gander mtn had swamp people .22's in buckets 5000 for $75 i believe.. but they were gone before noon
    5000 or 500 for $75?
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Boolit Master
    Crazy thing is, people only charge what they know somebody will pay. I won't be selling off my stores to make money off of my fellow shooters, but i also dang sure won't give up $50 a brick either!
    It'll come back down soon enough, it has to make sense to shoot your .22 for affordable practice at some point!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Master
    Like many others I have a few thousand long rifles - most bought years ago just because a brick was "on sale" for 12.95 or 15.95 or whatever it was at the time. If it looked like a good deal I bought an extra brick or two when those sales happened. Those bricks gave me a nice warm and fuzzy feeling just sitting there on the shelf. Excrement occurs in this world, and even though we can't always tell what kind of trouble will happen - or when - a prudent man keeps the essentials in stock.
    <
    Now we have a severe shortage of .22 rimfires, but my stock will allow me to extend my glide for a long time if I have to. And you know what? I don't feel the least bit guilty about it. It's called foresight. Some already understand, some will learn from the current crisis, and some will never learn. Not my fault, not my problem, and no guilt for me. Toss around the "hoarder" label all you want, but if you're looking for someone to throw it at don't waste your time looking for me. I'll be at the range shooting with my boys.
    <
    Uncle R.

Remember who tries to gouge you during the hard times, and when things turn around be sure they know why you won't return to them. Good people remain good people during hard times.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ACrowe25 View Post
    Remember who tries to gouge you during the hard times, and when things turn around be sure they know why you won't return to them. Good people remain good people during hard times.
    I for one am keeping track right now, most of our local stores are doing good at keeping things normal price wise as they hit the shelves, but i am certainly seeing the true color of some private guys selling or trying to sell for $50+ a brick, whatever they think they can make.
    Our one true local owned, local ran shop has been awesome lately, plus the fact that he is so small and often overlooked that he has alot of things most people are out of, like .22 ammo. He has a two box limit on it though to spread it out a bit. I was there the other night and he had two sleeves of the old style CCI small pistol primer packages on the shelf (he buys reloading estates and such, has lots of partial boxes of bullets, used dies and the like) so I bought them. As i was paying I made the comment that I felt bad buying the last two but I had just bought a 9mm, which is the only gun I've ever had that needed them, so i had no stockpile, so i really did need them, he smiled and showed me behind the counter he had a few boxes, but saved them so everybody could get a few. I thought that was pretty decent of him, and at a perfectly fair price too.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Exactly, we have a store like that here in MI. Old fashion type of owners who don't have the greedy style of business. Sure they could dump their stock to the first guy that offers to buy it all, but understanding that this will blow over and if he sells a little to everyone, he will have more returning customers. Nice to see there are still some decent people around.

Boolit Buddy
    I went to a gunshow today and .22 ammo started at $50 for a brick and the one guy was crying because nobody was buying his stuff.
    They try telling me that I'm crazy but we know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedhunter View Post
    I went to a gunshow today and .22 ammo started at $50 for a brick and the one guy was crying because nobody was buying his stuff.
    Haha I had the same thing here in MI, some lady was crying that another show took away all the usual customers because it is at the same time, and how they aren't making any money, etc. etc. Now mind you this is the same lady with $50 on a rem golden bullet 525 box. I just had a hard time working myself up to argue with an older gal, so I just let her be with a "what a shame" and kindly walked away.

Good if people stop paying those high prices the reseller will stop robbing all the stock to turn for a profit. Maybe people are starting to get wise to these rip offs.

Boolit Buddy
    One big rip off is all it is. I would not even look at a $50 brick of Rimfire. A good friend of mine is a dealer and he told me the price of this stuff has not changed. Best thing to do is stop buying it and just wait it out.

Boolit Buddy
    People at the last gunshow I was at were very happy to pay $50 a brick. It is the law a supply and demand.

Boolit Buddy
    I just came from my Dealer's "a close friend" and like I said above, his prices on 22 ammo has not changed. He has a shipment due the end of this month. Plus his shelves are still showing in stock items.

Boolit Master
    Brick of 22 lr were $50 plus at the gunshow in Michigan this weekend. I didn't see anyone buying it. If you don't like the price then don't buy it. Vote with your wallet and prices will come back down at some time.

Boolit Master
    Hi all, Uncle R back on post #8 is 1000% correct.

Now maybe I can feel a some sorrow for new shooters or reloaders who picked this time to begin shooting and/or reloading, but many of the rest of us have no room to complain as we saw this situation with the clinton error, and the first obamanation so why were we not prepaired for this 2nd obamanation?

Come decent weather, you can find Uncle R out shooting with his boys, and I'll be out shooting with the young hunter/shooter I am mentoring.

Then, if and when things again become available, I'll buy more! Shoot a brick, buy a brick and maybe 2 or 3 bricks.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I saw on an auction site, this scalper wanted $260 for 1400 LR 22's
    Regards
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast