Thread: Dad Passed Away

Boolit Grand Master

Dad Passed Away

Shiloh
    Last edited by Shiloh; 02-16-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: incomplete
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

I'm sorry for your loss, Shiloh. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. Hold your family and memories close.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks. We have had prayers and best wishes from many people.
    I'm trying to post an obit.

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Losing a parent is a life altering event. May you, and your family find solace. God bless.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master

You have my deepest sympathy. It's less than a year now that I lost my Dad and I am still not handling it well. Take care of yourself and your family.

James

Boolit Master
    I'm sorry for your loss also.

Boolit Grand Master

Dads Obit

I will miss dad.
    Dad loved trains and model railroads. There was an American Flyer railroad in the basement. Huge layout. After the war, dad stayed in Europe and rode trains everywhere. He particularly like Czeckoslovakia. Nice people and good beer.
    I would often watch the series "The World At War" with him on the PBS station. He was familiar with some of the areas, particularly the Ardennes Forest area.

He was almost 88. His health was good up until the last month. Then he deteriorated all at once and died. He was old, tired, and truly missed Bernice. There are too many fond memories to list. I am comforted by the fact that dad wanted to go. This has made things easier for me.

Shiloh

William John Smith, only child of William F. and Helen G. Smith, was born on February 5th, 1925 in Washington, DC and died at Longmont United Hospital after a brief illness on January 23rd.
    Bill was a World War II veteran, having served in the European Theatre with a combat engineering battalion in the Army’s 94th Infantry Division from 1943-1946. He also served in the Naval Reserve from 1947-1967.

He was hired by IBM following graduation from Catholic University in 1949 and was transferred from the Poughkeepsie, NY plant to Boulder in 1965. Bill retired in 1989 after 40 years of loyal, dedicated service where he was a model employee! He was proud of the fact that IBM was the only company he ever worked for. He was a company man, through and through!
    Bill married Betty Shimelonis in 1951, and they had four sons. Betty preceded him in death, and he remarried in 1994 to Bernice Richardson. She also preceded him in death, as did his parents and an infant daughter.
    In 2000, Bill and Bernice moved to Augusta, GA but he returned “home” to Longmont after Bernice passed away in 2009.
    He truly loved his volunteer work with the Longmont Police Department from 1992-2000 and most recently for Longmont United Hospital.

A Roman Catholic Mass of Resurrection will be held, complete with full military honors, on Monday, January 28th at 10:00 a.m. at St. Francis of Assisi Church located at Airport and Pike Roads. (3791 Pike Road, Longmont, CO 80503)
    Cremation will follow and Bill’s ashes will be interred next to Bernice in Augusta, GA at a later date.
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

Boolit Master

My parents are still alive, but I lost my wife of 16 years last January. I know that there are no words I can express to ease how you are feeling, but know that my thoughts are with you and your family at this time. I am truly saddened to hear of this.

Love Life
    I am very sorry to hear that Shiloh. I will keep you in my prayers this evening.

Perma-Banned

Shiloh I am sorry to hear this I hope you remember the good times the most.

Boolit Master
    I feel your pain. My mom passed away when i was 25. My Dad died on my birthday. One day later my sister died from cancer. I have no more parents-grandparents. I am only 45 and have been a pall bearer at least 8 times..... life is short...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Highwall View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss also.
    Dito for me. Stay strong Shiloh.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    Prayers and best wishes.
    jim

Boolit Buddy

Our prayers are with you and your family Shiloh. Look on the positive side if possible, he didn't linger in pain and lived a good long life. CR

Boolit Buddy

Having lost my Dad a few decades ago, I wopuld let you know that the pain will ease, but never entirely leave. But it Does get easier to deal with.

Prayers
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Thought with you. My dad died going on 8 years ago now.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master

Fair Skies William.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master
    No words we can say will help you in your time of loss, but you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.