Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners

Thread: My personal 9mm load

Boolit Mold

My personal 9mm load

Hi folks!

Noob here chiming in with my first "good" cb load.

My personal carefully worked up non-leading cb hand load for 9mm is as follows, note that these loads are used in wifey and my S&W 59 and 915.

Lee 125 grain single groove round nose cast boolit sized at .356 for wifey's 915 and .357 for my 59 tumble loobed with LLA.
    Winchester small pistol primer.
    4.0 grains Red Dot shotgun powder.

I have developed this load over the past couple months, it is my first load development project and I'm happy with the results. 18" groups or better at 75 yards! With a 4" barrel! I can achieve the same group sizes with WWB 124 grain at 40 yards so I am deeming this a success.

Been lurking this forum for a few weeks and decided to post up my pet load for all to see. If anyone notices that something may not be right about my loads, please speak up! I'm a noob at both reloading and casting, and I started my journey by building cheap shotgun slugs using Federal 12g. Bulk packs and 7/8oz Lee cast slugs.

Good on you! Not bad for your 1st load. Any leading, or anything else you didn't plan?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Mold
    I had chambering issues with the wife's much newer model 915 at first, it was just a hair tight for the .357 sized boolit, got the .356 sizing die and cleared the issue right up. I wish I could load the same boolits for both guns, but this is our standard shooting ammo, so loading the right ammo in the right gun isn't a big deal.

No leading issues with either gun, and my old 59 got a lot more accurate with my hand loads than it ever was shooting production ammo.

Boolit Man
    Nice work. 9mm can be tricky. I have found my Lee 358-125-rf sized 358 over 4.0gr Bullseye at COL 1.050 to be good in a couple different px4s and my new FN Fns. I haven't been able to test at the distance you are but they are good at 20 yards or so. That same boolit and load is good in 38 special as well.

Boolit Buddy Low Budget Shooter's Avatar
    Sweeper, congratulations! Here's what I use:

Lee 358-105-SWC cast out of whatever
    sized .357 lubed with Red Carnauba
    case mouth expanded with .38 S&W insert in place of 9mm insert in Lee PTSD
    3.7-3.8 grains W231/HP38
    bullet seated to crimp groove, front driving band exposed

This load functions and shoots accurately to POA in all three of our 9mm pistolas.
    Nice holes in paper from SWC bullet are a nice bonus.
    I'm not sure where all the money is that I've "saved" by casting and reloading!

Boolit Master

Looks like you got everything right.

How many tries did it take to get it right?
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford