Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Have the hoarders bought up all of the 22LR???

Boolit Buddy
    Shows in stock on the page, but gives a message saying it is out of stock when adding it to the cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Wis. Tom View Post
    The crazy fact is, we can't buy ammo from the Chinese, and yet we get their shrimp, deformed chickens, slave labor tennis shoe, and every other Walmart special. Thank you Billy. It makes no sense. And what happened to all that Russian ammo, where is it? Is it import changes, or what?
    Don't forget the tainted, poison baby formula a few years ago. I did my own little embargo of Chino junk after that.
    Last edited by DoubleAdobe; 05-21-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: typos don't you know
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    The govt has always ordered big lots of ammo, it is mainly more newsworthy now. How much 22 ammo has the govt ordered.
    Bingo, Starmac.
    BTW, saw Tyrells's little girl the other day. Beautiful little one, and he's a good daddy.
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

Boolit Master
    DoubleAdobe,
    And... poisonous paint on children's toys, poison pet food ingredients.

I buy as little and as few products as possible that have to word CHINA printed on them. Although I harbor no ill feeling toward Americans of Chinese descent, I abhor Chinese made products. I make a concerted effort to buy American made products whenever I can find them and afford them.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAdobe View Post
    Bingo, Starmac.
    BTW, saw Tyrells's little girl the other day. Beautiful little one, and he's a good daddy.
    The wife has a face book account and we see pictures on it every so often, but not so much in person. It seems like they sure grow fast when you aren't around. lol
    Stephen did call and chat for quite a while not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    DoubleAdobe,
    And... poisonous paint on children's toys, poison pet food ingredients
    "pet food ingredients" unfortunately isn't a thing, at least not related to grains. These "poisoned grain products" were shipped here in bulk carrier ships.

Here is a simple model. Take a water glass and four friends. Have three friends each put 2 ounces of water in the glass and have the fourth add 2 ounces of urine. Now go ahead and take a 2 ounce drink....

NEVER TRUST THE CHINESE (or the FDA)

Boolit Grand Master
    Again, I beleive that Perotter's explanation makes the most sense to me. But a part of me is starting to think that the ammo and component makers aren't too heavily motivated to get off their fat, dying azzes and boost production significantly. The market has expanded, plain and simple--and the makers don't want to gear up to handle it. Business as usual, in the makers' comfort zone, where their "just in time" materials receipts come in like clockwork just as planned x-number of months or years ago. No need to hurry--look how the mooks are scrambling for whatever we put out, at whatever pace we choose to produce it. I hope I'm wrong as hell about this, but I'm getting tired as hell of empty shelves and bulls--t answers from the industry.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    @ Recluse: Dude, I just took a look at the bottom of your post and saw (I know this is O.T) your push for " above reproach". when I read the trailer I went to Amazon and just bought it right now for my kindle. Whoooaaaa---- what a read. had to have it ASAP. you write good!!!!!!! God Bless to all and theirs.

Goofyoldfart < aka Goofy, GOF and Godfrey>
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Bub
    "But a part of me is starting to think that the ammo and component makers aren't too heavily motivated to get off their fat, dying azzes and boost production significantly."

Actually, they have seen this kind of thing in the past and they know it will blow over in time. They could open a new plant to help meet the needs today, but would have to shut it down due to lack of sales in 6months to a year. Things are loosening up around here, I can find ammo and reloading supplies locally where a month ago, there were none to be found.

Boolit Grand Master
    That could very well be the case, JL69. If so, it speaks eloquently to how thinly stocked "The Pipeline" really is.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    It is still coming and going way to fast around here. You might see a shipment come in, and a few hours later the shelves are bare again till next week. It is kind of nice to go in the woods now, and have it not sound like a war zone on the weekend...except for what I am shooting off.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm doing MUCH LESS range/target shooting lately, and that practice was adopted during prior shortage sequences as well. Not good to burn off unreplaceable ammo or components.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213