Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2008 NEVADA CAST BULLET SHOOT 2008, Repeat, 2008

Moderator Emeritus

Thats what the Friday Night Rules Committe is for. Bring what ya got and a lot of rounds and have fun. Traditionally there has been pistol for score & group shot standing, rifle scoped and irons, score & group, bench and off hand. Distance shoot off hand and a mystery event. Bring a little more ammo than you need. Gianni
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Read through both pages of this thread and the one thing I was looking for nobody mentioned. What would be the match format for this CB shoot? Guns? Range? Targets? number of rounds? etc. etc. Piqued my interest but shooting what at what how many times and at what positions?

Rick
    See the sticky about the 2006 shoot, yes 2006 18 months ago. Particularly posts # 26 through 29. The rools committy is whoever shows up for the Friday night dinner. You can be a member in good standing with absolutely no qualifications needed. Welcome, it's really a great event.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ...........Only about 7.5 months to go boys n girls

..............Buckshot
    2 1/2 years in...........
    Hope you're up to the strain....
    Serious coffee drinkin'.....
    Feet up just starin'......
    Takin' the grandkids shootin' en huntin'....

It's a rough life, but I think you can do it.

Captain
    "Like cool water to a thirsty soul is good news from a distant land." Prov. 25:25

Banned

And I'm bringin' THIS....
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 10-01-2008 at 12:56 PM.

Does this ever happen in Vegas?

Banned

It's hard to tell. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas..

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    It's hard to tell. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas..
    You got me Pat.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    And I'm bringin' THIS....
    Pat, don't let the high priests of collectordom catch you firing the first round out of that unissued M1!
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master
    I'm going to try and show. I'm waiting on moulds for my einfield so I can start getting ready to play with you guys in "The Muck".
    This casting Ingots and no bullets is for the birds

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by NVScouter View Post
    I'm going to try and show. I'm waiting on moulds for my einfield so I can start getting ready to play with you guys in "The Muck".
    This casting Ingots and no bullets is for the birds
    Scouter, don't let lack of boolits hold you back. We all bring plenty of ammo, and it is usually no trouble to borrow a rifle. I have one rifle that has been used by others to thrash me soundly on severak occasions. The priorities at NCBS seem to run in this order:

(1) Socializing. (2) Good food and (optional) modest amounts of adult beverages in the evening.
    (3) Test driving each others guns. (4) Competition. (5) Swapping and Selling. It's a long way from the Olympics, and probably more fun.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    I'd say NvC has about nailed the NCBS agenda, about all I can think of to add is -----it isn't a lot like Camp Perry,either-- and for that, I'm grateful !! Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Super Moderator

..........Well it appears I'm going to miss it this year too. Last year if it wasn't Jehovah's Witnesses it was bikers hogging up all the motel rooms. This time its because I got laid off. I was on vacation from 11 - 26 and was supposed to be back Dec 7th. On the 6th I had a message to call the terminal manager.

He told me that corporate had downsized the terminal from a 24/7/365 facility to Mon through Friday and 0600 to 1800. Due to other indicators that had been going on, we had all thought that something might be coming. Since I'd been there almost 12 years and was the 2nd in seniority I felt rather safe. Had they gone to 7 days and daylight only they would have had to keep 2 dispatchers besides the terminal manager.

However a 5 day daylight only deal could get by with only 2 people. I never really expected that as too much freight runs through the facility. Poor Don the terminal manager was almost crying he felt so bad. He said he didn't see how it was going to stay just 5 days a week, and if it went to 7 days a week I'd get called back.

I'm of 2 minds about it. First of all I'm really tired of driving 72 miles each day in freeway traffic. However, getting paid to not do anything was a pretty sweet deal Next job I get they'll probably expect me to do something for my paycheck, bummer. I doubt my next employer will let me take vacation just a couple months after starting. At least I seriously doubt it. We'll just have to see what happens.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Sorry to hear that. Here's hoping your next job is even better. How long till possible retirement?

Banned

That sucks Rick, but maybe if I was you I would just fire up that lathe and tell em' to take them jobs and stuff it..

Rick:
    I'm very sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope things turn for the better real soon and that you can still make it to NCBS 2008.
    We need you there to keep some of those ROWDIES in check. Also, to tell us that real shooten is; "standing on your two hind legs without the benefit of a rest".
    Merry christmas and Happy New Year!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Rick, if there is any consolation, JB Hunt is laying off too, among others in the business around the midwest big time. It seems the gas prices are one of the major causes. Might try UPS and Federal Express Ground. ... felix
    felix

In Remembrance

Rick, very sorry to hear of your layoff. Also selfishly even sorrier that you will miss NCBS 2008. (If we did like the NFL it would be NCBS IX, but most of us can't count that high in Latin.) Been there, done that at age 60, and almost at 62. I wonder how the corporate mental giants almost always announce layoffs between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

hey guys just a question for you all. i told my wife about this and she said that i could go only if she can come, well there is a bit of a issue with this. i have 2 younger kids. like 5 and 9. is there anything up there that they could possiably do for the weekend so that tehy are not bored out of there mines and driving mom to the looney bin.

Super Moderator

..............More guys bring their wives then not. For the little kids, I really don't know. I've been out of those for the past 20 years, so when in Winnemucca for the shoot I wasn't looking FOr your wife there are some antique shops, and naturally a couple casinio's!

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banned

They can play with Snoopy Dogbone...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=20035

Lord I just put him on the scale at the vets last week and he's 85lbs..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast