Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2008 NEVADA CAST BULLET SHOOT 2008, Repeat, 2008

Super Moderator

...............Guess me an 9.3x62Al orta be moving on room reservations.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master
    Yeah, good idea Rick. How was jury duty yesterday?
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ...............Guess me an 9.3x62Al orta be moving on room reservations.

..............Buckshot
    Good idea, I reserved mine today. Santa Fe, downstairs, confirmation number, "non-esmoking" so I know it was the nice boss lady I talked to.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Banned

Maybe we'll bring the cabover camper. I've got to fixup the shower in it.

Boolit Grand Master
    News Flash--for those with reservations at the Santa Fe Inn........

Just got off the phone with the motel staff, and they advised that the property was being sold. They were happy to take a reservation, but could not at this time guarantee its status in late May 2008--due to this pending ownership change. I was advised to check back after Nov. 15, at which time the ownership situation will have stabilized.

Those with Santa Fe reservations might want to confirm same at mid-month. Winnemucca businesses are a surprise every time I call there, for sure.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Vendor Sponsor
    Hello all,

It was a beautiful day today so I hopped on my Road Star and motored out to Winnemucca to return a mould that I would have sworn I borrowed from BruceB. Seeing that it was Nov I wanted to get one more nice long ride out of the bike before winter rears it's ugly head. Bruce and Karen were home and we had a nice gab. I got to see Bruce's boolit recovery device and can't wait to see the results from his softpoint boolit experiments. As it turns out Bruce had never seen the mould before, so all I accomplished was a pleasant visit and a nice ride. Well I came home with the mould from NCBS 2007 and I am sure that someone will claim it next June.

I made reservations at the Sante Fe while I was there and had lunch at the Flying Pig.

ammohead

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

maybeso it is MINE !! ??

Ammohead: Given that my 4c Lyman combo mould( two c.Loverin design & 2 c.311440)was in BruceB's hands just long enough for you to talk it loose from him,he can be excused for not recognizing it !!!.. Should that not be the mould in ?, have you had the time/inclination to heat mine up in production yet. ?? Any Elk hunting reports I should hear ?? Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Grand Master
    Ammohead--

They took your reservations? Must have been screwing with a Californian over the phone last week. A straight answer from the Santa Fe has been a tough matter for me.

Well those are the exact date I am schedule to retire and give my "Swan Song" speech, so I won't be there for 2008... but you boys had better get ready, 2009 I will be there!

Super Moderator

...........Only about 7.5 months to go boys n girls

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Seven months to go and I find I am in the same leaky boat I was in last year. Being retired you would think I would have all the time in the world to work up loads and fine tune everything. NOT. My girlfriend gave me a couple scale cannons, .50 cal. Navy and Field pieces to bring along with the ol golfball launcher for this years upcomming event. Should be fun. Also got a new 45-120 Pedersoli to play with if I can find the time to get moulds, dies and that really cheap,lol, brass that goes with it. Either way my girlfriend and I should be there to enjoy all the great people that were there last year and meet some new faces I am sure.
    Bruce, I sure hope you don't run into any glitches on a range for the upcomming 2008 event. Good shooting to all of you..Walt

In Remembrance

Looking forward to seeing you and your girlfriend at the '08 shoot. Looks like you will be bringing lots of new toys!
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

NVWalt,
    We are also looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your girl friend at NCBS 2008! You are certainly a Great Plus to our event. see you there.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Just had to tell ya all this. Took my little cannons and loaded them up with a pile of fff and took a couple 44 cast boolits and put a wrap of paper towel around them and stuffed them
    down the barrels of the little rascals. Got some fire crackers and took the fuses out and went out back, set up the cannons and proceded to fire away out into the giant fields out back. What a hoot. Will have to take them over to my range and put up a target at 25 and 50 yards and see if I can get them to hit the paper. May have to use a LOT of paper. Just as much fun as that golfball mortar is to play with. Had the neighbor come over and wanted to run a bunch of lead through it but I decided discretion was in order. LOL. Just had to tell ya all.. Good shooting Walt

In Remembrance

Santa Fe Motel Update

I phoned this evening to reconfirm my reservation. The new management is honoring myreservation made by the previous ownership. I was also able to straighten out my error in requesting reservations for May31 and June 1-2. That was incorrect. Friday is May 30, Saturday is May 31, and Sunday is June 1. The new management made the appropriate change in my reservation, so all is well.

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by onceabull View Post
    Ammohead: Given that my 4c Lyman combo mould( two c.Loverin design & 2 c.311440)was in BruceB's hands just long enough for you to talk it loose from him,he can be excused for not recognizing it !!!.. Should that not be the mould in ?, have you had the time/inclination to heat mine up in production yet. ?? Any Elk hunting reports I should hear ?? Onceabull
    Bill,

Yes I recall now. I tried your mould just a little bit but found it a bit heavy for my liking. I guess I need a mould guide for my furnace. I recently won a ebay auction for a 2 cavity 311466 to use instead. I will bring your mould next june.

No elk this year, no tags period.

ammohead

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

P.M. inbound

Ammohead. see your inbox for PM. thx, Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Banned

Is it NCBS time yet? ..

I'm comin' this year for sure...

Sorry to miss the Reno Show Bill. We just got back from Spokane for turkey day. Got to see the new Cabelas though. What a zoo that was..

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    Is it NCBS time yet? ..

I'm comin' this year for sure...

Sorry to miss the Reno Show Bill. We just got back from Spokane for turkey day. Got to see the new Cabelas though. What a zoo that was..
    Sorry you can't make the show, Pat. You seem to have a family that is scattered to the four winds! Cabela's being a zoo is a Reno tradition. An In and Out Burger store opened about four years ago, and it was nearly impossible to get in without a long wait for weeks.

Boolit Grand Master

Read through both pages of this thread and the one thing I was looking for nobody mentioned. What would be the match format for this CB shoot? Guns? Range? Targets? number of rounds? etc. etc. Piqued my interest but shooting what at what how many times and at what positions?

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast