WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Company Stops Sales to Gun Restrictive States

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.

Another Company Stops Sales to Gun Restrictive States

SEE POST #21 FOR UPDATED LIST

Extreme Firepower has joined Barrett, LaRue Tactical, and Olympic Arms in restricting sales to states that have excessively restrictive gun laws.
    http://www.extremefirepower.com/policies.html

Government Sales

The Federal Government and several states have enacted gun control laws that restrict the public from owning and possessing certain types of firearms. Law-enforcement agencies are typically exempt from these restrictions. EFI, LLC does not recognize law-enforcement exemptions to local, state, and federal gun control laws. If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction.

California
    EFI, LLC has registered with the DoJ CFLC program and we will sell any product that we legally can to the public. We will not, under any circumstances, sell any of our products to law-enforcement or state agencies until the California legislature repeals the gun control laws that have been enacted, as these entities have lobbied in favor of statewide gun bans.

EFI, LLC will not sell anything to the following local government agencies until their firearm and/or magazine restrictions have been repealed:
    City of Chicago, Illinois
    New York State
    Last edited by Blacksmith; 02-16-2013 at 12:30 AM.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

I wish more companies would look past sales numbers and making $$$ and do the same thing. If it isn't available to John Q. Public, then it should not be available to law enforecment. Military is a different story, give them whatever they need. How great would it be if all the manufacturers did the same thing - not sell to states that have bans to civilians. Pretty soon, restrictive states would have police going back to revolvers and carrying muzzle loaders...

Boolit Buddy

thank you email sent same

If we could get Glock to suspend sales of guns or mags over ten capacity to law enforcement we would really have some leverage.

Boolit Master

Hahaha..just suspend sales to all law enforcement and military entities....that'd be awesome!!

Boolit Buddy

rec'd reply from Extreme Firepower saying they appreciated my support of their effort
    -
    we need to stay in this fight and support one another

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I heard tonight that two major gun makers now have a company presence in this area. That makes at least 21 firearms related manufacturers here now.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

If the Federal government enacts anti-gun legislation they should suffer the consequences the same as the states, so "Good on you," Extreme Firepower. I am a big fan of our military and support the wording of Extreme Firepower that they "will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction," leaving the military open to purchases.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    God bless them in support of our 2nd A, along with any and all the other firearm manuf that join this effort to rid the pollution that the offending states have started to spread.
    One of the best decisions I ever made in my life was to get the heck out of NY state 20+ years ago !!

Mike

Boolit Buddy
    Email of thanks & support sent.

Boolit Master
    I just checked Barrett's home page and do not see any notice regarding their support effort ?
    I will check again later after coffee kicks in.
    Have not verified others yet.

Mike

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    If we could get Glock to suspend sales of guns or mags over ten capacity to law enforcement we would really have some leverage.
    And if Colt would stop agency orders and individual officer sales of 6920s that would get some attention, but Colt makes its money on government contracts and agency sales so they'll never do it.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Quote Originally Posted by myg30 View Post
    I just checked Barrett's home page and do not see any notice regarding their support effort ?
    I will check again later after coffee kicks in.
    Have not verified others yet.

Mike
    Barrett was the first when they refused to sell to California after they banned .50 caliber. this was a few years back. Here is a link to his "Open Letter":
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1389702/posts

Here is an excerpt:
    Many of you have inquired as to the outcome of the letter I wrote to Police Chief Bratten of the LAPD. Unfortunately, the chief's position did not change. He continued to use his officers in the same deceptive practices formerly utilized with the city council. These few officers testifying in Sacramento ultimately contributed to the unconstitutional AB50 law being passed. It saddened me to have to tell members of the LAPD SWAT team that they would have to send someone for their rifle, because I refused to assist anyone or any organization that is in violation of the United States Constitution. In turn, the department arranged to pick up their un-serviced rifle.

Barrett cannot legally sell any of its products to lawbreakers. Therefore, since California's passing of AB50, the state is not in compliance with the US Constitution's 2nd and 14th Amendments, and we will not sell nor service any of our products to any government agency of the State of California.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

I hope all gun mfgr.s follow suit,lets see how the bans work then...GT27
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnman31 View Post
    I wish more companies would look past sales numbers and making $$$ and do the same thing. If it isn't available to John Q. Public, then it should not be available to law enforecment. Military is a different story, give them whatever they need. How great would it be if all the manufacturers did the same thing - not sell to states that have bans to civilians. Pretty soon, restrictive states would have police going back to revolvers and carrying muzzle loaders...
    Too funny!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldo View Post
    And if Colt would stop agency orders and individual officer sales of 6920s that would get some attention, but Colt makes its money on government contracts and agency sales so they'll never do it.
    Colt sold out to the gov't and threw their civilian customers under the bus a long time ago.

Boolit Buddy

Just emailed them with my support for the decision, got a reply in minutes. Think I will email Colt and ask them their feelings on this issue. Bet it won't be the same...

Banned

I sent them a very supportive email a little while ago and got a positive response in six minutes.

Gear

Boolit Buddy

Just went to Colt website, can't find anyway to email them. Guess they don't wanna hear from the general public.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by badboyparamedic View Post
    Just emailed them with my support for the decision, got a reply in minutes. Think I will email Colt and ask them their feelings on this issue. Bet it won't be the same...
    Yup, my immediate thought upon reading the reply from Melinda was that while it's great to affirm each other, it really does nothing to change the situation for the better. Emailing Colt and others is what we should be doing as well.

Gear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast