Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: just wanted to say hello!

Boolit Mold

just wanted to say hello!

I have been checking out the site for a bit and finally decided to join. New to casting (actually, want to but not ready to yet) but old hand at reloading. Great site and I know that I will be learning an awful lot here.

Boolit Master
    Greetings and welcome aboard. You'll find your shipmates here knowledgeable and willing to bring you up to speed. Use your search feature to get some background, but when that fails, just ask. Oh, BTW, your bunk is down that passage directly under the #3 steam catapult. Take these ear plugs with you, you'll need them when they're launching and recovering aircraft.

Seriously, while a few of us (myself included) are a bit irascible at times, all and all a bunch of good folk.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Master

Welcome Aboard. This is one of the better sites that I visit. You usually get an explanation to your problem and a solution to your problem from experienced people. There is a lot of info if you use the search but feel free to ask away.

Boolit Master

Welcome and I can get you a better bunk on a Swift Boat than Olevern offered you on his aircraft carrier..... It is under the twin fifties and right next to the head. Maybe sleeping isn't such a good idea....
    Dysfunctional Disturbed Disabled Debonair Navy Veteran
    Swift Boats, Vietnam, 1967-1968.

"You are never too old to learn something stupid."

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    We are glad to have you. There is a world of knowledge in the Stickies both in each section and in the Sticky section.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome! Jump right in and pour some lead, awesome experience.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevern View Post
    Seriously, while a few of us (myself included) are a bit irascible at times, all and all a bunch of good folk.
    "MOSTLY" a bunch of us are good folk...

Bob
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.

On Heaven's Range

Welcome aboard from the "other" coast. You will find everything you have ever wanted to know, or not know about casting here. Really, these are a great bunch of people with eons of casting experience.

Ed
    The only good cast boolit is the one that hits the target

You've come to the right place.Welcome Home.I'm also new to casting and gathering the tools and whatnot.Taking me awhile to aquire everything I want to get started casting.Hope you have lots of fun and getter done.

Boolit Master

Whelenfan - Welcome to the "wash your hands often" forum. Lots of freely given knowledge around here. I dare say a great many of us (myself included) were in the same position as you, some years ago. Now, some of us even have an idea of what it takes to make good boolits !! Some of us being the guys that stuck with it. This pouring your own boolits beats the daylight out of just "reloading". You'll see. Welcome again, Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Grand Master

WARNING WARNING Will Robinson! You are about to enter a very dangerous area. This is an addictive hobby and molten metal is almost as hypnotic as a fire! You will exhaust the patience of your wife and children, spend money you don't have, and generally cause chaos in the hopeless pursuit of it!

In short, welcome home!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

Always good to have another with a like addiction added to the forum. Welcome!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Welcome to the forum.New myself

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lbaize3 View Post
    Welcome and I can get you a better bunk on a Swift Boat than Olevern offered you on his aircraft carrier..... It is under the twin fifties and right next to the head. Maybe sleeping isn't such a good idea....
    At least he won't sleep thru a general quarters.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Master
    Welcome aboard!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Buddy

Oooohhhhhh ........... now you've done it. Pretty soon you will be known as a LeadOphile.

Welcome aboard, pull up a chair and be sure to check all the stickies.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson