Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOE vs Accurate Molds

Boolit Buddy

NOE vs Accurate Molds

Just wanted to ask if there is a difference in quality. I have searched the forum and read excellent reviews on each. There are a few designs, that NOE has in stock and there are a few designs that Accurate can cut, that I would like to get. Is this just a case of 6 one way, half-a-dozen the other?

Banned

i have some of both,and they both do a very good job of making quality molds.
    it will all be in the design you choose.

Boolit Buddy

Thanks. That is what I figured from all of the reviews.

Boolit Master
    Tom at Accurate molds can design just about anything you might need. There are a few limitations. His equipment does require a small flat on the nose and at this time he does not make HP versions.

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master
    I have several and I give the edge to Tom. The minimum metplat is a downer but the man is incredible and getting you what you want otherwise. If you see a bullet CLOSE to what you want, describe the changes you'd like and he'll throw you a print in short order. No one else is doing that are they? I was posturing up for long wait times on my first accurate mold as it was a four cavity containing four different bullets. I got it under three weeks. I would not have complained if it had took twice as long especially considering the quality of the mold I got.

Boolit Buddy

I just ordered the 5 cavity H&G 34 copy from NOE, to be safe since these will be running through 1911s, and I have one that is a finicky feeder. I need a heavy bullet for 45 colt, and I already have my eye on a few designs in Tom's catalog. I am not too concerned about the hollow-point capability.

Boolit Master

Even though you didn't mention Mihec and Ballisti-Cast, I will. In my opinion, all have their strengths and darn few weaknesses. I particularly like Accurate when I want a mold fairly quickly. Tom is great to deal with and works with you to get the mold you want. Ballisti-Cast is currently producing a group buy custom boolit mold and if the test mold is an example of what we can expect, it is a dandy! NOE has produced great molds with the added option of hollow point molds. I personally don't require hollow points but it is a good option for those that want it. Mihec makes a very nice mold also and I do like the brass molds. So in my opinion we have 4 great sources for custom as well as somewhat standard molds. All four makers hit the target dimensions. It couldn't get much better!

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Banned

Buy one of each and use them, then you'll know. You're going to end up with more than one mould anyway, right?

Gear

Love Life
    That is the best idea I have read in a while GearGnasher.

Boolit Master
    I'll give the nod to Tom at Accurate molds, because NOE is mainly group buys and they take forever and i will not go for any of those again once the current ones are done, the quality of NOE is top notch however. From now on I'll go with Accurate, LBT, and Mountain molds for excellent quality and little or no wait, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    I'll give the nod to Tom at Accurate molds, because NOE is mainly group buys and they take forever and i will not go for any of those again once the current ones are done, the quality of NOE is top notch however. From now on I'll go with Accurate, LBT, and Mountain molds for excellent quality and little or no wait, but that's just me.
    This is my out look also, NOE makes a great mold for sure love mine. But I refuse to wait a year for a mold or more which is the wait time the last I seen.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

I dont do group buys, but when I ordered my NOE mold it was here in about 3-4 days.
    How can you complain about that?

Super Moderator

NOE has begun inventorying molds, no more group buy necessary on most of the more popular molds. If you go to the website, it will list the quantity on hand of what is currently in stock. I ordered one recently, and in came in 4 days.

Boolit Master
    [I] ordered a 200 grain 40 mold from NOE Monday morning. It will be here today. This was the mold that was turned into a goat rope group buy a while ago.
    If I send a bullet to Tom at Accurate, can he duplicate it?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    There are a few designs, that NOE has in stock and there are a few designs that Accurate can cut, that I would like to get. Is this just a case of 6 one way, half-a-dozen the other?
    Not in my opinion, Accurate out ranks nearly all in quality and design for FN molds ...
    I have a 9.5x47R stop ring obsolete caliber Martini action Schuetzen rifle. Three of us on the ASSRA site between a chamber cast and fine tuning a CAD drawing sent it to Tom at Accurate on a Sunday. Tom had the CAD in his catalog, I ordered on Monday and I received the molds the following Friday. I ordered 2 molds and here they are ...

Dimensions are dead nuts on and the molds cast superbly ... http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=38-210R-D.png
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Not in my opinion, Accurate out ranks nearly all in quality and design for FN molds ...
    Same here, I just took delivery of his adaptation of the Lyman 300136 as a .302" 150gr FN for the 7.35 Carcano. It drops perfect, identical .302" boolits every time I open it from both cavities. Best mold I have cast with yet, and he had the design up in the catalog within a day of me saying lets do it and delivered the mold well before I expected it. I can't wait to order a few more from Accurate.

Please ignore the odd reflections, it is shiny.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	accurate carcano mold.jpg 
Views:	511 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	61128
    Last edited by texassako; 02-13-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added pic

Boolit Master
    An early custom design AM433270WC from Tom:

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master
    I have both. Both are awesome. Hp NOE gets the nod. Tom makes to order and fast. In neither will you be dissapointed.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Master

My first custom mold is an NOE .364-200 for feeding my .38 S&W Webley MKIV - AND IT ROCKS! This was also my first aluminum mold and it instantly cleared up any doubts I had about aluminum as a material. Reaches temperature quickly, minimal tapping to get the boolits free, and very pretty slugs.

My second custom mold is an Accurate 45-230-F for feeding various 1911's - AND IT ROCKS HARD!. Everything the NOE is and even easier to get the boolits out (haven't tapped it ONCE).

You're going to be a happy camper either way. Accurate is going to give you the advantages of being able to spec the mold the way you want it and having almost instant turn-around for pretty much anything in the catalog, but if NOE is currently playing your song, snap it up. NOE's hollow point system is by all reports pretty sexy as well, though I've yet to advance to the HP stage of the game.

Short version - I fully expect to be a repeat customer with both.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Banned
    The only thing that Tom Accurate has to limit is no less than .30"cal mould design.
    But damn does thay goy has some dynamite up his trousers!
    From design to Denmark in 10 days.

Oh and i'm sawing for 3 moulds that i cant get anywhere else, so Tom here's some pocket stuffing comming along

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast