Load DataReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NOE vs Accurate Molds

Boolit Grand Master

They are both high quality. But they are also two different business models. NOE stocks molds, offers group buys and makes hollow point molds. Accurate makes you exactly what you want one mold at a time, caliber limited.

This is definitely personal preference. But I don’t like Accurate’s sprue plate design. I prefer the design that NOE and MP use. I have a bunch of molds from all of them but the fewest is from Accurate for this reason.

Boolit Master
    I like all the tooling NOE sells for sizing and expanding. Really let's you dial things in for success. Just ordered my first mold from them, a brass 4 cav 147 gr. designed for powder coating. I have 5 accurate molds and they all drop perfect boolits that are just over what I size to. Also have a cast iron RCBS 430-250K mold that drops perfect boolits as well. Quality molds are a pleasure to cast with and luckily they are available from more than one outfit.

Boolit Mold

duplicate issue with NOE mold

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerguy View Post
    I am new to the game of these various mold makers. Having used Lee and Lymans for many years, that is what I was accustomed to. I decided to take the plunge starting with 38/357. I went with NOE, a 360-158 that I drooled over for months before I got time to use it. In the meantime I picked up a nice RCBS 2 cavity 358-150 on this site. I did a little research on who could make a replica of the RCBS mold. Arsenal makes one already, I contacted MP and Accurate via email to find out more. MP got right back with a question which I promptly answered. Never heard from Accurate.

I tested four loads last night and unfortunately, the new NOE I was so hopeful for disappointed me. It lagged far behind the RCBS, Lee TL and even am old Lyman 357446, not known for accuracy. I emailed Al at NOE for some possible solutions.

I am not interested in purchasing molds until I find one that works. As far as service, when I ordered from NOE, it arrived quickly and he even gave me a discount that came on after I ordered.
    bought a 4 cavity 311-173 mold. Only 2 cavities will release bullets. Sorry i will not have a custom mold that does not work right. Back to tom at accurate for me

Boolit Master
    Have been happy with my NOE molds. Good designs, quality workmanship and materials, usually in stock and fast shipping. Only wish they made a sprue plate for their 5 cavity like the Lee 6 cavity with the lever system to cut sprues.

Boolit Master
    The Noe mold that I have casts perfect bullets every time. I have gone on the Accurate site and configured a mold I was hoping to have made for the 444 but having more time than money have yet to order it.

Boolit Master

Another vote for Accurate. Tom is a sincere and downright good guy. Generous, respecrtful, and a master of his craft. The metplat issue is a bummer, but isn't usually a huge deal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123