Load DataWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Die Lock Rings

Boolit Master
    I prefer Forster or Lyman.

Boolit Master
    I don't care for the RCBS rings, but i prefer them over Lee rings since i seem to change settings on accident with them. I do use a piece of shot under the screws but still have problems with slipping or stripped heads. Luckily RCBS will send new ones, and lead shot for free.

I just got a used set of Sinclar split lock rings, i love them except for the fact there is no wrench flats, but they beat standard RCBS, i put them on my most used dies, .44 spl/mag.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Bub
    I like the hornady also,wish rcbs would use them and mill a flat on top of dies.

Boolit Buddy
    I just picked up some Sinclair and Hornady. Both very high quality. The Sinclair are a bit larger and might not be great on a progressive or some turrets. I bought 6 of both makes to replace the rings on any RCBS dies I have. My Redding die rings seem Ok as do my Lymans. But i did not like the RCBS rings

I like any split ring that doesn't crush the threads to lock. I like to repeat my settings and not have to worry about how far the "O" ring was compressed

When loading on a progressive press, Dillon makes the smaller rings that work great by just tightening them down to the toolhead with no set screw to bother with, and they never get out of adjustment. I don't use my single stage very much anymore except for special projects, then any set screw type ring seems to work great. Guess it's just personal choice.
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

I prefer Lee Lock Rings and like others I have put them on my other die sets as well.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Banned

The Lee Precision lock rings work well

Boolit Bub
    I am a fan of the split rings, if they don't tighten with ease I just file a little more gap. I use a good t handle wrench with them. The set screw type seem to cause the die to sit crooked a bit for me.

Cant say why but i like the hornady better.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockchucker View Post
    When loading on a progressive press, Dillon makes the smaller rings that work great by just tightening them down to the toolhead with no set screw to bother with, and they never get out of adjustment. I don't use my single stage very much anymore except for special projects, then any set screw type ring seems to work great. Guess it's just personal choice.
    My Dillon rings have never loosened either. I still use my single stage presses a lot though. I use them to load .44 mag and .357 mag and 45-70. And also for some load development for .45 acp and 38 special when I want to try a different powder or load and just run about 20 cases off.
    I like to keep the adjustment on the Dillon to a minimum.

LEE dies on a turret press.
    Set'em once then change turret for the next caliber.

Steel Lyman cross bolt rings are pretty good all around.
    I like the forster al cross bolt rings for the co-ax.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12