RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: scout mount on savage axis rifle

scout mount on savage axis rifle

any one used the clifton mount on the axis rife yet. do i need to machine barrel to straight at breech. does the mount have set screws to get it aligned with bore?
    just need some advice before buying this.
    thanks

Boolit Man

You'll need to machine a straight cylinder just forward of the barrel nut. I'd suggest about 3" forward of the nut for a .900" OD.

I don't believe there isn't enough side thickness in the stock to accomodate the mount from what I'm measuring (.150").

I don't recall seeing set screws when I looked at one several years back, but it was just a cursory inspection.

thanks for the heads up. just trying to do something simple. i may cut 2 dove tails and use threaded blanks to hold a picaninny rail. will have to set up height of spacers to get aligned with bore. just don't have any access to machine tools here.will post pics when it gets done.rife is very capable.have cut to 18" and threaded,used die,to 5/8x24.put a "forward" comp on it. working on load now.would like to find a source for sample qty's of cast bullets to use for testing. then will buy mould and die to size / g.c. thanks again.