MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: #4 buck stacking question

Boolit Buddy

#4 buck stacking question

i was thinking of getting the lee #4 buck mold, but was wondering if and how does it stack in wads. i am using aa hs hulls and waa wads, and normal shot loads of red dot. wanting a 1 oz loads
    thanks

Boolit Master

You can get seven in a layer with nitro cards and fiber wads if using one piece wads you might have to cut the petals off to get them to fit. FB

Boolit Master
    Is taking the time to stack #4 buck even worth the trouble?
    I've loaded F and never even thought about stacking it.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 375RUGER View Post
    Is taking the time to stack #4 buck even worth the trouble?
    I've loaded F and never even thought about stacking it.
    Every time I tried to stack it, it didn't work, I'd always have to dump in the right count and shake it until it settled right...

Dan

Boolit Master
    I've loaded #3 and #4 buck and never tried to stack either . #1 , 0 or 00 I stack but thats about as far as I go .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Banned
    Back when I shot bowling pin matches I loaded a bunch of 4 buck. I used a shot shell primer tray that I filled all but 27 holes with body putty. Dipped it into the bowl full of 4buck and dumped the 27 pieces into a sheet metal V trough and let them roll into the case, shake a little and crimp

Boolit Buddy
    thanks for the replies, i use the primer tray trick for some f shot i was loading but it does not really stack in a shot cup and would make crimping hard because they did not settle equally every time, i just didn't know if f shot was worse for crimping #4, i was thinking #4 because i can mold it. did you guys use shot cups with #4?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_kaleigh View Post
    thanks for the replies, i use the primer tray trick for some f shot i was loading but it does not really stack in a shot cup and would make crimping hard because they did not settle equally every time, i just didn't know if f shot was worse for crimping #4, i was thinking #4 because i can mold it. did you guys use shot cups with #4?
    I loaded #3 and #4 Buck in a 2 7/8" 10 gauge using the Remington sp-10 wad .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_kaleigh View Post
    Yup, for 12ga I use the Claybuster equivalent of the WAA12R wad. You might have to use a 1/8" card in the bottom of the cup to get the crimp right......

Dan

Banned

call the reloading police but i dont stack 4 buck either. I dont even weight it or count it. I just figured about what wad it took to get me a 1 1/8 of it to fill to the top and dump it in till its full.

Boolit Master
    I made an instant coffee scoop to hold just the perfect amount of buckshot by weight for my #4. All I do is dip, shake and dump. Forget stacking.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    Since I cast my own #4BS & they're not all the same size I do weigh mine but stack them, never! I dump them in and shake the round a bit to settle the shot. My monster Squirrels don't complain

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin