Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: Making shot-a lot of shot!

Boolit Buddy

Smile Making shot-a lot of shot!

A couple of weeks ago, a member was looking for a shotmaker. Trapshooter.com has a thread near the top with videos of what I think is the fellow's adaptation of the Better Shotmaker which, I think, is easier and simpler than the Littleton.

It's a long thread with a lot of videos and the first ones aren't real clear. He drops his shot in transmission fluid, and IIRC make 100 lbs in a relatively short time (2 or so hours?).

Looks a whole lot simpler that getting that perfect cast boolit and I think I am gonna try this when I finally retire (which would be 66 days if I was counting).

Components have gone through the roof and, IMO, it is just a matter of time before the Walmart bargain shells are gone.

Now if we can figure out how to make primers....

Bob

Hopefully its just the war effort eating up all the components. But i doubt it very much.
    IF THE 50 CALIBER CANT GET IT DONE ..............RUN!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    SCI MEMBER

Banned

Can't find it. Do you have a link for the thread?

Thanks,

Pat

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry Pat, I can't find the exact one either. Go to TS.com and hit search under shotmaker and there is a huge list of threads-some have pictures, some don't. The one I initially posted had a video that made it look easy to set up and simple enough for me to operate (maybe even without a real serious injury).

It is my intent to set one up, absent a real fall in lead shot prices, sometime in the late fall/early winter. I have paid $34 per bag, but now one of the folks I deal with is at $43 and I can't make myself pay that much. I have about ten bags left, mostly 9s with a couple of 8s and think that will get me through the rest of the year.

Bob

Banned

Here's a neat setup...
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 09-16-2007 at 11:01 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Straightshooter1, I wish you good luck in your retirement and I hope you have the time to fullfill your plans for reloading, casting (boolits and shot), shooting, and hunting. For years I have heard guys claim they retired and were so busy they did not know how they had time to work. I knew they were BS'ing me. Sorry to say, I'm taking back water on that. I retired July 18th. I have been so busy I had not cast a single bullet, not reloaded a single round, not been fishing or hunting, and have only fired 2-3 hundred rounds of rifle and shotgun combined. This week I clean the garage, the reloading bench, and go fishing; I hope. I will say this, after a month of retirement-- IT REALLY BEATS WORKING! Try it, you'll like it.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks, I am taking a week of as vacation and haven't had time to do anything. Looking forward to this being a regular part of my life.

Bob