WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

Thread: high speed low drag brass trimming

Boolit Mold

high speed low drag brass trimming

Trimming .308 brass at a rate of about 10pcs in 20 seconds. I can do .223 a bit quicker.

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...pse9808ff1.mp4

Dk17hmr says he gets the Giruad in the will.

Banned

Boolit Buddy
    Check out the little crow gun works trimmer http://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/wft.html it's about e fastest I have seen other than the dillon but a lot cheaper

Banned

i went with the dillon simply because it sizes too.
    but does more than 223 and 308.
    i can lube up a 30-06 and push it in the die and make 25-06 or 8mm mauser
    in the same time as sizing a case takes.

I have 2 CTS case trimmers and they work really well, adjustable and very fast. He previously sold these on ebay. Now you can order from him direct. They are $42.95 including shipping. The guys name is Jim and I think he has a machine shop where he manufactures these himself. You can contact him at ctscasetrimmer@yahoo.com. He accepts paypal and ships very fast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CTS case trimmer_1024x764.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	60325

Boolit Master

The Giraud Case Trimmer

I trimmed, deburred, and chamfered 1k .308 casing in <2-hours with my Giraud. It's The Bomb.

Name:	IMG_0773.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	60326
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

That is amazing, makes an old hand crank seem a bit lame.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hughes View Post
    I have 2 CTS case trimmers and they work really well, adjustable and very fast. He previously sold these on ebay. Now you can order from him direct. They are $42.95 including shipping. The guys name is Jim and I think he has a machine shop where he manufactures these himself. You can contact him at ctscasetrimmer@yahoo.com. He accepts paypal and ships very fast

Name:	CTS case trimmer_1024x764.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	60325
    I'm gonna have to remember this one. It's cheaper than the WFT, and if it works just as good....well I'm saving money

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I wouldn't trade my Giraud for anything . When you have cases by the bucketfull it is a lifesaver . For the smaller batches of cases I got a little Crow trimmer . It works great with my seven hundred 303 British case when they need trimming . I got one for the 7.62X54 Russian and one for the 6.5 Swede but haven't tried those last two yet . I still have the Redding crank trimmer for the few oddballs .

Jack

Boolit Master
    Most chambers are .020 to .040 longer than the trim lenghts so a lot of trimming is un-necessary.
    If you measure your chambers you can take not of that as long as the ammo is used only for your rifles.
    EDG

The problem with the one showing the RCBS case trimmer with a drill is that it is the older style that uses a collet to hold the brass.
    The depth at which the collet draws the brass backward is determined by the amount of torque it is tightened with, AND, the diameter of the case rim. Had a setup like that for a bit, and gave up on it. Results were inconsistent. Went to the RCBS power trimmer with a 3-way cutter head. I can realistically trim at about half that speed, but since mine does not use a collet to hold the brass, the results are very consistent. For banging ammo, it might not mean that much for some folks. If I am spending MY time and money,I want the best product possible. Now if they would make a 3-way cutter setup that would trim handgun calibers, I would be very happy.