Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hows our new software going?

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar

Hows our new software going?

I just wanted to ask the question. Since we upgraded our software I had been working daily on fixing issues related to the software and getting things setup back to "normal". Just wanted to get some feedback from the membership. Hows the new software? Do you still see issues with bugs or things not working correctly or looking correctly? How do you like the improvements? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Gunload Master; 01-30-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Boolit Master
    I've not experienced any problems, and the gray theme is easy on the eyes.

Banned

Mostly no problems, you guys have it cleaned up and working really well, very happy here. There are just a couple of oddities, no big deal: There's a big lag just after midnight every night, lasts until about 12:04 AM or so, never noticed it before, probably nothing to be done about it if it's a backup time or something.

On the page "link to us", there's a "buddy list" on the left with one or two members's handles there. When I click on it, it takes me to a blank white page whose address has something about "edit list" at the end. What's that about?

Is there a way to hide the "style" under my post count? Some people have it, some don't, I'd like it to go away on mine but can't find an editing setting for it.

One more thing, if I click to view a thread in which I've previously posted, sometimes it takes me to the very first post, sometimes to the first unread post just by clicking on the thread header to view. Is there a way to shortcut to first unread every time? I see the shortcut icon for opening the thread at the last post, is there a setting I can use to change that icon to first unread?

Gear

Boolit Master
    I'm pretty green when it comes to computers, but I'm able to see & do what I'd like to do here. No real issues since the very beginning of the last (in progress) server updating. Thanks for all the hard work that goes into the updating & maintenance of the forums!
    Bob

In Remembrance
    Willy,

Everything is working muy bueno for me and our Apple household. Am definitely enjoying the increased speed and glitch-free operations as well as some of the newer boards/forums you've added to the Gunloads family.

Boolit Master
    so far, so good.

The only thing I run into is I can't find "threads started by me"

There used to be a links inside my profile page, for threads I started, and threads I replied to. I can't find them anymore. Maybe they moved?
    NRA life member

LB

Boolit Buddy
    It's working well, for the most part.

I haven't had any glitches with the forum, except it slows down on loading up in the wee hours of the morning. Nothing too detrimental though, just a few extra seconds to load the pages for a few minutes.

The chatroom, before the java issues popped up, it would take me two or three logins before everything loaded properly and was functional.

I've only logged in a handful of times since the java threat, and it's loaded up each time properly.
    I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.

My Feedback Thread<->http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...7793-possom813

Boolit Master

This site for me anyway has always been the most trouble free of any on the web. Thank you.

I could make one suggestion: on the main page, when I click on a forum if the forum title would make a change to show it's been clicked it would help. Now the title goes grey when my cursor is on it and doesn't change from that when I click it. If it did that would let me know that the click occured. My touch pad doesn't always work as well as it should.

Thanks.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master

I like the new format better and the grey background works fine, BUT of the 3 computers in my home and shop two in the house are running the grey background and the one in the shop is dark blue. Can anyone tell a half senile old hillbilly how to fix the odd one? Computers ain't one of my strong suits!

Banned

The TRACK feature in the PM section does not work. Other than that, I like it.

liking it so far, the user pane in the top right still covers a bit of the vendor bar (ads) at the top. Besides that issue everything seems to appear fine (at least to a lurker).

Boolit Master

Works great for me but then I'm not much of a "techie guy" either lol!

Willy,

My only complaint

I sign up for daily email updates on threads of interest

When I click on the individual post it just opens at the top of the pertinent page, not the indicated post.

a small hassle is all.
    God Bless ya'll
    Greg

Je suis Charlie

"You can observe a lot by watching."- Yogi Berra

Shooters Talk Refugee

Boolit Master

My laptop will not save my preferences. Each day when I check the site at work I have to sign in and then select the CB custom setting. I don't know if it's the machine or the site but I did not have the problem before. Where do I get the software to activate the spell checker? It is not working for me. I love the site, but I do not think it is as easy to navigate as it was.

James

Boolit Grand Master

The only thing I've noticed and not a big thing, When I receive a PM and the box pops up and I click ok, the pm doesn't come up. Not a big deal as I say and I can still click on PMs and then it comes up. Funny thing is it used to be that way a long time ago and then if just stopped or self corrected some how.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    I haven't had a single problem....Thanks
    (Win xp sp3 w/I.E.8)
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    Mostly no problems, you guys have it cleaned up and working really well, very happy here. There are just a couple of oddities, no big deal: There's a big lag just after midnight every night, lasts until about 12:04 AM or so, never noticed it before, probably nothing to be done about it if it's a backup time or something.

On the page "link to us", there's a "buddy list" on the left with one or two members's handles there. When I click on it, it takes me to a blank white page whose address has something about "edit list" at the end. What's that about?

Is there a way to hide the "style" under my post count? Some people have it, some don't, I'd like it to go away on mine but can't find an editing setting for it.

One more thing, if I click to view a thread in which I've previously posted, sometimes it takes me to the very first post, sometimes to the first unread post just by clicking on the thread header to view. Is there a way to shortcut to first unread every time? I see the shortcut icon for opening the thread at the last post, is there a setting I can use to change that icon to first unread?

Gear
    Daily backups are scheduled at night so if you come over at the wrong time it may be a bit slow.
    Style is now removed from under Avatar.
    Just depends on which link you click, some links take you to the last post, some take you to the first post, etc. Just have to figure out which ones do which.

Quote Originally Posted by lylejb View Post
    so far, so good.

The only thing I run into is I can't find "threads started by me"

There used to be a links inside my profile page, for threads I started, and threads I replied to. I can't find them anymore. Maybe they moved?
    Click your name, then click profile. On the left hand side are some links, the bottom one is "Threads started by me". Click that.

Quote Originally Posted by possom813 View Post
    It's working well, for the most part.

I haven't had any glitches with the forum, except it slows down on loading up in the wee hours of the morning. Nothing too detrimental though, just a few extra seconds to load the pages for a few minutes.

The chatroom, before the java issues popped up, it would take me two or three logins before everything loaded properly and was functional.

I've only logged in a handful of times since the java threat, and it's loaded up each time properly.
    Daily backups at night.
    Always good to keep Java updated

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    This site for me anyway has always been the most trouble free of any on the web. Thank you.

I could make one suggestion: on the main page, when I click on a forum if the forum title would make a change to show it's been clicked it would help. Now the title goes grey when my cursor is on it and doesn't change from that when I click it. If it did that would let me know that the click occured. My touch pad doesn't always work as well as it should.

Thanks.

Cat
    I'm assuming this is a Tablet or Phone question? Sometimes that happens on those, just have to click it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Houndog View Post
    I like the new format better and the grey background works fine, BUT of the 3 computers in my home and shop two in the house are running the grey background and the one in the shop is dark blue. Can anyone tell a half senile old hillbilly how to fix the odd one? Computers ain't one of my strong suits!
    If you login to your account, go under your User Control Panel, you can set which Default theme you want so whereever you login at it will keep that theme.

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    The TRACK feature in the PM section does not work. Other than that, I like it.
    That feature should actually be disabled... I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    My laptop will not save my preferences. Each day when I check the site at work I have to sign in and then select the CB custom setting. I don't know if it's the machine or the site but I did not have the problem before. Where do I get the software to activate the spell checker? It is not working for me. I love the site, but I do not think it is as easy to navigate as it was.

James
    Make sure to login to your User CP and select which theme is default when you login to your account. If your using Internet explorer you can get a spell checker form http://www.iespell.com

Quote Originally Posted by mooman76 View Post
    The only thing I've noticed and not a big thing, When I receive a PM and the box pops up and I click ok, the pm doesn't come up. Not a big deal as I say and I can still click on PMs and then it comes up. Funny thing is it used to be that way a long time ago and then if just stopped or self corrected some how.
    Usually you just click OK and then Cancel and it will bring up your list of PM's.
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Banned

Many thanks, Willy.

Gear

Boolit Master
    I gave up trying to put pics in my posts about three weeks ago. I've never had problems with the older VBulletin packages but can't seem to figure out the proper set of my mouth to make it work since the upgrade. I don't think anything changed in my computer since the upgrade but that is possible.

Boolit Master

There is only one thing I don't like about the new system.

Under the old system, I could go to my account and pull up all the threads I had posted and link to my posts and to any responses.

I can still do something similar the the list is no longer filtered to just my posts. It includes all my posts and all those posted by my friends. Is there any way to see a list of only my postings.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast