Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catching coyotes but not my cat

Boolit Buddy

Keep your cat inside and go to town with foothold traps would be my guess.The odds are really against you getting one in a cage trap

First check your state laws on trapping . Then if you are able to use snares then you are good to go.You will not get your cat in them.I trap and I use footholds and conibears and snares .They are with it the law of my state.I have set snares for coon around barns and did not get any cats caught in them just coon .The cats would just spring the snare off and slid out. a coon will not.I would not use a cage trap on coyotes because for what it cost to get one is way too much for the traps i am able to use in this state.Also snares are a one time deal after you get a catch. it depend on the type of lock you use will depend on if you can re use it to make another snare. I do make my own snares .I have snare some coyote this season beside coon and beaver.If you have any thing that you like to know PM me and I see what help I can give on advice.Also the coyotes did take out your cat it is common.Also like others have started .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    We lost our two outside cats this last November, and I'm pretty sure it was coyotes that did it. I was out sitting in my blind deerhunting, and all of a sudden a coyote came in and started sniffing around, and started going away, then came back, found a gut pile. A 12 ga slug took care of it. It was a female. I hadn't seen or heard coyotes around here in a couple of years, thought they had moved away. Now, I can't wait to pop the next one.

Once you take out the pack that is in the area most of the time in about a month new pack move in.I seen that when I trap the coyotes.Also if the food is still around the area they will still be there unless something else is around to take them out or control them.that is what i found in the past.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12