RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Creek Products

Boolit Master

Deer Creek Products

Deer Creek Products in Waldron IN has changed hands. The older gentleman and his wife that owned it have sold out toi a couple guys that plan on bringing back the H&A kits and developing a web site.
    A friend of mine stopped by there to get some powder and pick up a hammer for me for my under hammer that I got from them back in 04. Anyway he talked to one ofthe guys that bought the place and they are going back into production on a number of the products that Deer Creek sold in the past. They have a machine shop there that is truly impressive. In their hay day they had 28 full time employees turning out kits and rifles. They are still trying to figure out what is there. Apparently there are 26 trailers full of stuff out back that they are trying to inventory along with what is in the shops.
    They use to have the best price on BP anywhere, now it is about equivalent to the other sellers. It will be interesting to see where this goes with some new blood running it.

Bbo
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master
    Check out Ripoff reports .70 complaints.

Boolit Grand Master
    col4570 can you expound on your missive?

Perm-Banned
    in times past i bought 3 of their .50 cal round ball side lock kits. 1/60 twist. really liked them, gave one to my pastor and sold the othe two to a friend. they were the most no fuss accurate .50 roundball guns i ever shot. sold me on the 1/60 twist for the .50 cal round ball. hope they come back like before.

there was another company that was close to the same name. think it was deer creek inc. that rack up all those complaints. if your an cva owner looking for parts deer creek products is the place to go.
    I have order twice from them, few years ago (original owners) a 54cal hawken barrel for a cva build I was doing. just recently a tang (guessing new owners). just before they sent the order out they called me to made sure they where shipping the right part.

Boolit Master
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/director...-products.aspx.
    I was looking to see what they had for sale prompted by this thread and found this.I cannot say if it is false or not.
    Apologies to all concerned if the report is not as it seems.
    Regards.
    Last edited by Col4570; 02-02-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Further explanation.

the place we are talking about is out of waldron, IN. I knew the names where close but not that close. wow. they are phone only right now. if you want to give them a call the number is 765-525-6181.

This is great news if they can get it up and running. I wish them the best and hope to get another underhammer action some day!

Boolit Master

Colt 4570, that is another company all together. I ran across that years ago when trying to get info on Deer Creek. The folks in Waldron IN that owned Deer Creek were as honest as the day is long and great folks to deal with.
    Nobade, the old guy that owned Deer Creek sold both of his rifling machines but the new owners know where one is that is just sitting and they are going to try and buy it back. They have a number of barrels to make kits with but when those run out they are going to have to make another plan. The old guy who had it showed me through the place several years ago and he had one guy who helped him with the machining. They would just make up barrels full of the different parts for the kits one at a time and then put the kits together as needed. When I walked through the place there were barrels and/or buckets full of the parts sitting next to the machines that they were made on. The place would probably be an OSHA nightmare if they ever inspected it. Most of the machinery was WWII era stuff and took a real machinist to run it not a computer programmer.
    I'm with Johnson on their barrels. My underhammer didn't shine till I got to 100gr of 3F. The last 10gr of powder was like putting a lasso on the group, the more powder the smaller the group. Initially the guy's wife said that the barrel was designed for 60gr of powder. That didn't work at all. When I talked to the old man he said that the barrel could stand more powder than I could and away I went. A long sleeve shirt is a good idea with 100gr since there is some blow back through the nipple.

Bob

Boolit Master
    Boz330,thanks for your clarification.Nice to hear that they are a good company.
    Regards.

Perm-Banned
    boz 330 and to all else. when i shooting one of their roundball .50s 1/60 twist i used 100 grains of 2f and it shot in the x ring at 100 yards all the time. one day and ive never told any one else before, i tried shooting 80 grains of 4f behind the patched .495 round ball i used. it really cracked and the accracy was spot on perfect at 100 yards. i didnt just shoot 1 shot that day with that load i shot for a hour or so. the results were great and i didnt kill my self. ive never used 4f again as fear over came me i guess. was i in a danger zone anyone? i remember i loved the way it sounded when it went off and their gun took it and was very accurate with that load. also cleaning between each shot was very easy, very little fouling in the barrel any where.if they get up and running again and can duplicate their round ball kits i will probably get one. the shooters who have the 3 i built love them, they have taken a lot of game out to 125 yards. their hard rock maple stocks looked good and lasted to. johnson1942

Boolit Master

Good barrels are a product of the machine operator more so than the machine itself. Bill Large probably built some of the finest ML barrels ever produced but when he died and his son-in-law tried producing them on the same equipment they weren't the same. I don't know the background of these guys so only time will tell.
    I'm glad to see someone with enthusiasm taking over this business though. I've always had a hankering for a Maury rifle as well.

Bob

Boolit Man
    I have 2 of the underhammer lock that deer creek made , a stock, and new 50 cal barrel not there barrel gm barrel 1" was going to make me a underhammer that was bout 5 years ago still havent got to it

I ordered a couple cylinders for my 1858 on Monday, got them on Friday... Only issue... they sent the wrong nipples with the cylinders... gotta call them on Monday..and have them send out the correct nipples for the cylinders.. and send these ones back to them.. The only complaint I have, is they don't have a website.. and you have to call until you get through.. (It is terrible to have to do it this way... Whatever did we do without the internet....LOL)
    I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same

Boolit Master

buddy of mine has one of their under hammer frames. he put a fast twist .45 barrel on it . it will shot into 11/2 in at 2 hundred yards.

Boolit Buddy
    hope they get a website

Glad to hear that the Waldron folks aren't the scam-runners from Florida. I've got my training company up and running (finally!) and will be running a dealership for them as well. They have access to some VERY nice SA revolver smoke wagons, I should be reselling them mid to late Q4 this year.
    http://armedliberalinmo.blogspot.com/
    NRA Certified Trainer
    Bowers v. DeVito "...there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered."
    Partner, Olsen Training Group

Boolit Buddy
    Hope they find the makins for a bunch of Mowreys

I ordered a new tumbler, fly, and sear for my CVA Hawken.. I received them really fast. The only problem, the fly did not work. Pull the trigger, dropped right in to the halfcocked position. I think it was made a bit to short.. Gotta call them Monday, and send the parts back, so they can find one that will work. I may just order a new lock from them just for all of the parts.. Great people to do business with.
    I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same

Boolit Mold

Smile Deer Creek Products

Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    col4570 can you expound on your missive?
    The Deer Creek Products that have the warnings against them are from Florida. They are not the same as this site which is in Waldron Indiana: completely different people. I hope this helps people to understand that this site can be trusted. They may however choose to change their name since the other Deer Creek Products in Florida are such obvious thieves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast