Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Lost a good friend and man today.

Boolit Master

Lost a good friend and man today.

We lost a good man and great husband, father and grandfather today. My girlfriend, Miss K's grampa Al had been battling lung cancer for several years now, and he was finally called home to be with the Lord today at 6:15, ending his pain and struggle.
    He married Sandy, the second marriage for both of them, and raised her young children as his own, putting up with alot of BS from her ex-husband and family, I felt like he was the only one that knew what i have been going through with K's mother fighting me every step of the way lately. I'll always remember his gift for working with animals and people, always helping animals with their people problems at his training clinics. He loved his wife so very dearly, always fixing her coffee or food right up till the end when most would have been bedridden. He loved to cook, with has cooking and hot temper showing the true Italian he was in the kitchen, he always told me his recipies were so top secret, they all said "Burn before reading" on them. He was USAF Vietnam veteran who served as a mechanic and crew chief before coming back to his family to carry on a normal life like nothing ever happened.
    October of 2011, they gave him 3 weeks to live, he was so tough and detirmined, he continued to walk right up until a week ago, when the combination of lung cancer and pneumonia caused him to go to bed, five days ago he shut his eyes and didn't open them again, although he would laugh and smile when people came in to talk to him. Last night K told him that things would be ok and that she and i are gonna take care of gramma together, i truely believe that he needed to hear that she was going to be ok and taken care of before he let himself go. He was a fighter right up till the end, but is in a better place than any of us now, with no more pain and suffering. My only regret is that he won't be here to see our wedding, he always said he wanted to make it there.

God bless you Al, you were the best kind of man and left alot behind to take care of, but i am going to try my best to carry on as you would have! Please look over us like you always have!

Boolit Master

Fair Skies Al.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Moderator Emeritus

Rest in Peace Al. I will be keeping you, your girlfriend and her family in my thoughts and prayers too.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys, tough times! He's in a better place and finally in no more pain. Sadly things like these seem to shake the worst parts of the family out of the tree and into our lives again, but that too shall pass.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 429421Cowboy View Post
    Thanks guys, tough times! He's in a better place and finally in no more pain. Sadly things like these seem to shake the worst parts of the family out of the tree and into our lives again, but that too shall pass.
    That's the part I don't wish on anyone.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 429421Cowboy View Post

I know exactly what you're talking about, just ignore them as best you can.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    When my mom was laying on her bed just waiting the nurse told us"it may seam strange to you but many times they ARE WAITING FOR YOUR PERMISSION TO LEAVE"

We gathered around and said our goodbys and mom was gone in a short time.

After over 70 years of obeying my mother It did seem strange but mom hurried to her better place with dad.

Remember and cherish all of the memories.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.