Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: phillips head anyone ?

Here is an idea dual cavity 224450, 314414 one cavity straight fluted one normal, also a 45 pistol boolit about 250gr with an exposed when seated true hemisphere jibe.

Otherwise your artwork is gorgeous and fair winds on future gain full employment

i havent seen this thread until now, just sat and read all 20+ pages. amazing stuff, my fav's are ice cream, phillips and the indented hollow=point. how come none of the mass producers make cool molds like these, who wouldnt buy a HP mold with indents, amazing stuff para!!!

Well, someone put your idea to work...
    http://www.lehighdefense.com/index.p...eme-penetrator
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

Banned

Ok, fess up who made this bullet?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1045.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	119783Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1047.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	119784

Cuzz I want some.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post
    My only question is. HOW? Look neat. What are the ballistics on the phillips round? That one looks interesting.
    BDGR
    Despite the splendor of the technical achievement, I confess I haven't read through the thread to see if anyone has said the question is really "WHY?". There might be some advantage in using a Philips or Torx screwdriver to make the pin for a hollow point mould, to assist in producing a petal-like expansion.

Because he wants to, and he likes the head-scratchers at the range.

He's a very cool guy.
    In the market for a multicavity Mi-Hec 9mm HP mold.

I presently cast for .380 ACP, 9mm, .38/.357, 30 cal and .45 and 12 Ga slug.
    I am particularly grateful for the help I have gotten from members Red333 and MSRdiver, and OLD Para (who made a crazy mold on my design!!!!!) as well as excellent guides by Recluse for his ideal lube process. I have been experimenting with poly coating too.

PM me if you know of a very cheap source of birdshot, or an efficient way to make #4 Buck.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFun View Post
    Because he wants to, and he likes the head-scratchers at the range.

He's a very cool guy.
    Ah yes, thanks. Now I get it.

phillips head anyone?

I read about half of this thread and will go back after work and finish, great work!!!
    I have an idea for you (it may have been said already) Here goes there is a lead small parts casting machine that uses a formulated rubber two piece mold. the mold is spun at a set RPM and the molten lead is poured in the sprue opening in the top. once the lead is cooled to solid the mold is removed and separated then the parts are by the sprue for to finis cooling. Your chess set could by poured in one shot for each side of the board. A selection of 12 - 20 others in a single pour. (talk about items for gun shows)
    I have seen these machines in person, they have a footprint of about 2' x 2'. there may be a you tube video of them working?

That's called spin casting, and it takes a $10K and a $6K machine to do. Here is a "simplified" home version with explanation of the real deal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGK2M203_y8

I am particularly grateful for the help I have gotten from members Red333 and MSRdiver, and OLD Para (who made a crazy mold on my design!!!!!) as well as excellent guides by Recluse for his ideal lube process. I have been experimenting with poly coating too.

PM me if you know of a very cheap source of birdshot, or an efficient way to make #4 Buck.

What about byllet's shaped like a money sign? $
    Money to blow away!

Boolit Buddy

Anyone see the Lehigh Extreme Penetrator bullet? It sure looks like the OP.

I would love to cast something like that for my 380. Maybe 356 diameter at 100 or 105 grains?

Group buy? Wonder what it would cost?

ETA: I replied when I was on page 12, I've missed 8 pages. Need to go back and read them....
    Last edited by LuckyDog; 04-21-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    Μολὼν λάβε

I'd want that, but not that heavy. And I would cast it from a HARD alloy. Maybe Zinc.

You want to keep it at 95 grains or less. When you get much above 100, you will have a hard time finding a powder combo that will cycle and not over pressure. little <2 grain loads of powder have huge tolerance problems since a tenth grain variance = a huge percentage of variance. For .380 you want the load that allows the largest volume possible of powder to smooth out fluctuations and make a consistent safe load. -- Don't ask me how I know. (Hint ruger's actual service exceeds their official warranty with LCP pistols.)

Boolit Buddy

A mold designed for Zinc boolits!

Just watching testing of the Lehigh EP makes me think that something like this in cast would be so awesome for .380 ACP. It really seems to step up the little guy.

Good penetration (12-18") and good wound channel all the way in.

I wonder if Lehigh got the idea from OldPara? or vice versa?
    Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Mold
    Those bullets are amazing. But unless you are shooting something a lot harder than lead is there truly added penetration or function? The Philips head ones look like a cheap way to make LeHigh Defense's Xtreme penetrator cheaply.

Banned

I did not show much interest and just came to look. I swore you were talking about gun screws.
    HOLY SMOKES BATMAN! I sure did not expect what I seen.
    To say you are one crazy SOB with that much talent would be an understatement. I am blown away.

Boolit Man
    Oldpara you are unreal! Thanks so much for sharing your goodies. Just went through every page this is the best. Hope all is well with your job.

Thanks for your service to our Country too.

First post,

tnaz

Just read this thread. oldpara those boolits are s- hot!
    Gondwana

Never give up, no obstacle is invincible, there is always a way.

VERY eye-catching!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing.

Oh man, these are cool! I just found this and haven't read all the many pages of comments, but if it hasn't already been said let me suggest a shark's snout.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Quote Originally Posted by 375RUGER View Post
    So when a bad guy is confronted, do you say "You're screwed" before you pull the trigger?
    Now that right there is hilarious.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast