Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: "Cabin Fever" Woods Walk at Marbletwon Sportsmen's Club, Feb. 10, 2013

Cool "Cabin Fever" Woods Walk at Marbletwon Sportsmen's Club, Feb. 10, 2013

My club, Marbletown Sportsmen, will host a Woods Walk on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013. The particulars are listed below:

What: "Cabin Fever" Woods Walk on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013. Where: Marbletown Sportsmen's Club, 105 Scarawan Rd., Stone Ridge (Ulster Co.), N.Y.

Fees: $15 for registration, which begins at 9:30AM; $10 for the blanket prize. Lunch will be available at a modest additional cost.

All ML guns are permitted, but no slings or jacketed bullets please. 12- 15 targets at various distances. Shooting to begin at 10:00AM.

Be sure to wear your insulated boots Sunday, as we're expecting snow Friday. I.e., I'm not sure how much of the trail through the woods can be broken or tamped down.

Although we were spared the worst of "snowmageddon," we did get 12" of snow and icy temperatures. In spite of the cold and snow-clogged trail we managed to attract 13 shooters, representing at least 4 other clubs. We shot at a variety of differently shaped gongs at different distances; charcoal briquettes; pencils @ 20 yds., strings also at 20 yds., etc. None of us fell down because of branches and stones hidden under the snow nor did we embarrass ourselves (Well, maybe a little bit.). However, we all had a good time and I even managed to score high enough to win some flints. Wish you were there to share the fun and get a brief respite from cabin fever!