Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trout fishing?

Boolit Master
    I've always preferred the Mepps spinners.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trout.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	170666

Boolit Master

I second the Mepps Aglia spinner with the squirrel tail hackle on the treble. The go-to lure when I was growing up in Maine fishing for Brook Trout and Landlocked Salmon.

http://www.mepps.com/resources/lure-selection-guide/
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Mold
    Lots of great posts above. If I am lure fishing small creeks a like to use small Dick Nite spoons, small Super Dupers or Kastmasters. I prefer though to bait fish small creeks. I grew up fishing Bishop and other areas of the Sierras. I use a ultra light short spinning rod with size 12 or 14 treble hooks with three Pautzke's balls o' fire salmon eggs on them. I use no weights or just one small split shot weight and drift em into holes. Just enough weight to get the bait where you want but light enough to drift naturally thru the hols and slots.

This is deadly.

Boolit Grand Master
    Mad Jack--

I heard a story from my Dad many years ago concerning the Super Duper, now made/sold by South Bend. He related that the Super Duper was invented by a fire captain stationed at the Lake Arrowhead county or Cal-Fire post during the 1950s, developed to catch the kokanee salmon that were present in that impoundment. Dad had 5-6 or the original lures from that time, and my nephew now has them. They differ a bit from the commersh lures, are made of thinner metal and the open front end seen on the store-boughts is closed together. These originals were reputedly cut out of beer can side metal, and Dad's old lures have that look about them. The Super Duper was Dad's go-to trout lure in the lakes we fished together. They did OK for me, but Dad just made those lures talk to the fish. Or something.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12