RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where do I list lead for sale?

He does go through quite a bit of ammo. We went to the range saturday armed with 400 rounds each for my .380, my husbands S&W 45 and his rifle and it was gone within 2 hours max. That kid sure does love to shoot, And he is a good shot. Everything I have put him in, He has quickly excelled so I think this will be good for him. I think he is ready.... No, I know he is ready. I will definately look into the 4H clubs, Sounds like something he would enjoy. Extracurriculars keeps kids out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggernosis View Post
    Andrea, I am the rifle instructor for my county's 4H Shooting Sports Club. We have 45 kids ages 9-19 that shoot .22 rifle. We had an autistic kid join a few years ago that eventually became one of my better shooters. With proper instruction, autistic kids can handle firearms just fine. Only YOU will know when he's mature enough to have his own gun and be able to take it out on his own.
    Please look into a 4H shooting sports club in your area. 4H is the largest shooting sports organization in the country. Let me know if you need any help.

I highly recommend a bolt action .22 rifle as a first rifle. It will teach him to choose his shots carefully and not waste ammo just blasting away. I'm fond of CZ rifles myself, and that's what all of my top shooters use.

I have not been to round rock yet, But im told we go near there often. We travel to Liberty Hill every week (If you know whats up there, You know why we go). We have only been here siunce august. I see there are alot of very nice and smart people here already, its nice to have a place to go that you dont feel out of place. So thanks Ya'll for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Griz44mag View Post
    Andrea, 13 is getting a bit old to just be getting that first 22 rifle.
    My grandaughter was born Jan 3rd, 2013, and she already has a pink Crickett 22 rifle! I can't wait til she gets tall enough to see over the bench.

You are less than an hours drive from us, we live in Round Rock.
    Welcome to the forum, you are going to meet a lot of very nice and very smart folks here.
    AND sell a lot of lead!

Wayne, You hit the nail on the head. We dont just have 1 with autism, We have 2. And a 3rd with other medical conditions. BUT, I love my hectic lifestyle and organized chaos keeps me afloat. Both my autistic kids see a therapist and it has helped tremoundously, I will be sad on that aspect when we leave because we see him twice a week every week for a hour each time. He is almost a member of the family. He has helped my oldest deal with puberty and girls and homework and things that he just doesnt want mom, or his step dad, to help him with. My youngest is still in the diagnosis phase, But he has alot of other issues too. We just got custody of him and his brother when they where taken away from thier bio mom. I am in the process of adopting them now. It does seem like everything is double edged now a days. My oldest with this diagnosis has to be in a "gifted" classroom with children who are either excelled far above thier grade or have lagged far behind thier grade, My son is right on grade so why they placed him in this room when he is meeting and at times exceeding the educational requirements really baffles me. State by State, I have noticed that education has no set norm, It varies alot where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Andrea, welcome to an internet home. It is for me, anyway. You and your husband have been welcomed here, and we look forward to doing business with you. When you move to Kentucky I hope your business continues from your own range.

Autism is hard to deal with, and the uniquenesses of the high functioning autistic can be especially problematic. You don't know what he will be interested in doing from moment to moment it sometimes seems. He gets fascinated with something and any interruption results in an eruption. Relationship seems impossible, and is if you insist on one on your conditions. They have great potential but helping them achieve anything seems an exercise in frustration, yours and his. Add to this his physical issues and all the MD visits and you have a busy life just with him. It is hard to keep a balance sometimes.

A good therapist who understands autism can be a great help. We can also just be another doctor's visit in an already busy schedule. Seems like everything is double edged, doesn't it?

Oops, Should I be over in that thread then? Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    as you have noticed this sight is about more than casting boolits.
    we have a section called our town where stuff like this [not the lead]
    is discussed continously.
    it's what happened today/yesterday/tomorrow.
    what the kids,cats,dogs,mule,car,wall socket,electrical panel,trailer, is doing or did do.
    recipes,snowstorms,trips,and general poking fun at each other.
    iv'e watched kids grow up in that section from babies to first day of school,to others graduating h/s and college,marriage announcements,and bad news from others.
    it's what makes this place a bit different.
    the thread drifts are what make it great.

Once I get the sponsor thing up and going I will be listing lead, Ill keep ya updated.
    It will be nice to avoid those fees, I feel like im just throwing money away with them.

Quote Originally Posted by khmer6 View Post
    very reasonable price! me want! nice to sell in the forums and avoid all the ebay fees.

Banned

nope, here is fine.
    just pointing out that other things besides guns and stuff is okay here.
    my wife and kids get on here frequently.
    one has schizophrenia,one is slightly autistic and L.D.,my nephew come to live with us as he has issues also.
    trust me when i say i think i understand what you are going through.
    oh the other child we have just graduated h.s. with honors and was in the top 5 of her class.
    she must have gotten 50 cards from her aunts/uncles here...

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I think you and your family are going to be very happy to have found this place, and we can already tell that yous are going to fit in very nicely. Welcome, and my respects to you and your husband, for the whole spectrum of things that you're doing right.

Andrea, warm welcome to you and your family, this is a great place with some really great people all out to help each other. You will have no problems selling lead that's for sure. Want to offer a big thanks to you and your husband for your service to our country. JW

Cant wait for a steady supply of lead. Market price per pound shipped seems to be the right price atm.

Hello from a fellow YOUNSER! If you lived in Punxy, you know Clarion, where I live. Phil/Groundhog Day in a couple weeks. Never used the word, soda. Pepsi is POP! It's 2 degrees above zero here right now. Brrrrrr!

Boolit Master

With all that lead, buy the son a .30-30 and start casting some boolits !

And WELCOME . You might be in Texas but everybody here is your neighbor.

I would take 2 above zero anyday over 70 one day, 40 the next, 65 the day after and 20 the day after that. This weather change has me sick as a dog. Im pumping dayquil and oj through my veins like there is no tomorrow and its not doing a lick of good. Oh how I miss the snow. It kept the germs away. I am from Punxy but all my family now lives in Mahaffey and Dubois. I do know where Clarion is, Nice little town. Cant wait for groundhog day, One thing ive always looked forward to since childhood. Oh and I used to call it pop as well, not anymore, I guess bouncing around between, Wa, Ga, Ny, Sc, Ky and Tx my whole life ive picked up some good and nad habits in the grammar department.

Quote Originally Posted by bosterr View Post
    Hello from a fellow YOUNSER! If you lived in Punxy, you know Clarion, where I live. Phil/Groundhog Day in a couple weeks. Never used the word, soda. Pepsi is POP! It's 2 degrees above zero here right now. Brrrrrr!

Well thank you, That is very much appreciated.

I dont know about casting the boolits yet, We have thought about it but arent sure how much time that takes and with everything going on now, Time is pretty limited. We heard about a gentleman in Oregon i do believe that makes and sells them so we where looking into going that route. I know just a 100 ct box for my .380 here in Central Texas its $24 at a mom and pop shop and thats the cheapest ive found it.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterg View Post
    With all that lead, buy the son a .30-30 and start casting some boolits !

And WELCOME . You might be in Texas but everybody here is your neighbor.

Boolit Master

Another Welcome! from a member and someone local to you. This place is great. Also, don't paint everyone in Central Texas with the same brush. We all notice that oftentimes folks from Killeen are, well, different . Not all bad by a long shot but a different "feel" there with all the new businesses. Things are much more laid back here in Waco. I've found the vast majority of Texans to be very friendly and I'm not a native.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

JW, Its our honor. It sucks at times, But it has huge rewards. As I said, He will be medically retireing, He has been in for over 6 years, he is a purple heart recipient and came back from AFG with alot more then he went over with so I think it will be good for him to get out. Todays army aint nothing like what I grew up in (I was a army brat before we married) and that really frustrates him. Not complaining, But todays army is full of a bunch of whiney Vaginas that are still breastfeeding. Ohh can I say that in here? I think its time he take his skills learned and put it to better use besides being a glorified babysitter. Being a NCO, He gets called over the stupidest things. That wouldnt have happened 10-20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Mule View Post
    Andrea, warm welcome to you and your family, this is a great place with some really great people all out to help each other. You will have no problems selling lead that's for sure. Want to offer a big thanks to you and your husband for your service to our country. JW

Boolit Grand Master
    Another 'Welcome aboard!' from a has been range miner! Many thanks to your husband for defending my freedom, it's much appreciated. I'm very familiar with the tediousness of range mining, so I know what he's dealing with. And after thirty years in industrial construction, I can very much appreciate that quality control mindset. Good job, Sir, well done!

BARKEEP! A round for our new friends!!

My youngest is 5, He is my step son but to him I am Mommy. He doesnt know or talk to his bio mom as she was severely abusive to him and his older brother. We have custody of both. Anyway, He has had major issues since we got him, MAJOR. Well he was admitted into a Neuropsychiatric Hospital for children (Its well known and children from all over the world are sent there for treatment, and it happens to be a hour from me, How did I get so lucky), we had him to well over 15 different doctors and specilists and no one could figure out what was wring with him. Well one diagnosed Schitzophrenia which is what pushed for him to get a bed at the place he is now (He comes home in 2 weeks), And they found out it is not Schitzophrenia, It is Cerebral Dysthrythmia. The frontal lobes of his brain, The part that control impule and thoughts, Stopped developing in utero (He is a "drug baby"). So since we found that out and he is on meds to help him, He is a totally different child. I can actually take him to the grocery store without a outburst or watch a movie with him without him throwing a fit. Its pretty amazing what Doctors can do now a days. 30 years ago they would have been cast aside and placed in hospitals for thier lives. He was functioning at less than half his age this time last year, now he is only about a year behind so that gives me alot of hope. He has a whole slew of other things going on, OCD, ADHD, Autism just to name a few but with the meds and therapy he is becoming just as functional as other children his age. Its a work in progress.
    I commend you for taking on your nephew, Alot of families nowadays dont value the sense of family and dont often help one another out when needed. Its great that you "stepped up to the plate" and I am sure when he gets older he will greatly respect you for that.
    I myself come from a great family that would give a eyeball or a kidney of one of us needed it, My husband.... Not so much. They are close now, But they wont go out of thier way to help anyone and I think its just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    nope, here is fine.
    just pointing out that other things besides guns and stuff is okay here.
    my wife and kids get on here frequently.
    one has schizophrenia,one is slightly autistic and L.D.,my nephew come to live with us as he has issues also.
    trust me when i say i think i understand what you are going through.
    oh the other child we have just graduated h.s. with honors and was in the top 5 of her class.
    she must have gotten 50 cards from her aunts/uncles here...

We have been to Temple, Georgetown, Liberty Hill and Austin so far and the people there where super nice. However, The people here in Killeen, I honestly believe they have a stick up thier rear. I try not to venture to the Killeen area unless I absolutely have to, I stick to the Copperas Cove area. People in Cove are friendly. In my opinion. Killeen has had too many establishments crammed into one area. I mean really do you honestly need 2 whataburgers and 3 burgerkings within a 2 mile radious? And walmarts and HEBs and i just think theres too much. Im not used to the "city" type, Im not a city girl so I think that plays alot in my dislike for this place. Too much hustle and bustle for me. And, Im not at all used to people NOT holding doors for the person behind them, Its common courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Another Welcome! from a member and someone local to you. This place is great. Also, don't paint everyone in Central Texas with the same brush. We all notice that oftentimes folks from Killeen are, well, different . Not all bad by a long shot but a different "feel" there with all the new businesses. Things are much more laid back here in Waco. I've found the vast majority of Texans to be very friendly and I'm not a native.

Boolit Mold
    Well, I'm new here as well but really enjoying the site, so I will also be one buying. I'm from WV and we use the same words.

Andrea.Thomas glad to have you on CastBoolits, and I hear too well your problem with FeeBay. Wish you the best in your sales.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast