RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where do I list lead for sale?

Where do I list lead for sale?

My husband has a side job of smelting lead into ingots. It is very clean lead that he mines himself and fluxes 2-4 times before he pours it into the molds. He does this as a hobby, He is Active Duty army and does this in his spare time. He produces between 700-900 pounds a week and he was selling it on Ebay, However the fees have become so insane that it almost makes it not worth his time anymore. Any insight would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Boolit Master

Put it right here in the Swappin & Sellin section!

Flat rate boxes to anywhere...

Boolit Bub
    I'm sure you will hear from one of our moderators soon as to the policy of this fine forum.

I will look forward to another source for good clean lead!

Love Life
    Have your husband join the forum. Once he has the right amount of posts and days aboard he can post in the swapping and selling section.

Welcome aboard!!

Boolit Grand Master
    Swappin & Sellin section. Rules for the section incluse a post count of 25 and 30 days membership. Make sure you read all the rules.

Thank you. I asked him to sign up, He said "why cant I just use your account, we share everything else" so, you may get me or you may get him. We have never belonged to any forum before so please excuse our ignorance.

The lead he has is very clean, Hes sold right around 11,000 pounds and never had any negative feedback. He does this in his spare time, He is a purple heart reciepient and injured combat vet, this is his stress release I guess.

Boolit Master

I am looking forward to purchasing some. I presume this is range lead? What name did you sell under at eBay? I may have already purchased some of your lead. Thanks
    Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway. John Wayne

A man has to do what a man has to do. John Wayne

Boolit Buddy
    I'm just curious - how do you mine your own lead?

Doctorggg, My name on Ebay is Andrea13637. Dont laugh, The username was created back in 1999 when I lived in Upstate Ny.
    Triggernosis.... To make a LONG story short, My husband made a shaker of sorts, Put screening in it to sift the caleechy from the bullets, The screen cathes the bullets and gets rid of the callechy. He then dumps the bullets into a bin. After he has between 1,000-2,000 pounds he brings it home where we wash it. As in wash it with soap and water to get it clean. He then places them in a 8 quart pot and melts the lead out and continues this process till the pot is full (6-7 hours for 280 pounds of lead) then he fluxes it a good few times and pours it into molds. When he mines his lead it takes up his entire day but its all sold within the week.
    He is very tedious about it and wont sell any ingots that have the slightest inperfection. I say he is OCD, He says its "quality control".

Triggernosis, One more thing, After it is washed, It has to dry for 2 days. Putting any wet lead in a pot with other lead makes it pop, not fun. Found that out the hard way

ADMIN

I am not a moderator but I did stay at holiday inn a couple weeks ago.

First off welcome to the board.
    If you are only going to be selling here or if the majority of your post are in the sell/swap section as a seller then you will be required to become a vendor sponsor.

The yearly fee is $100. This is a once of year fee.
    Once you pay the fee you will get this next to your name.

I can assure you that if your lead prices are reasonable you will sell everything you got and quickly. These guys never seem to sleep.

If you are interested then contact 45NUT and he can take care of you.

And to the mods, I hope I haven't overstepped my place......

Hatch, Thank you. That helps alot. No problem paying $100 once a year, Im giving ebay $230+ A WEEK right now. Im pretty sure once the husband figure sees he isnt the only one into guns and casting and whatnot that he will become a pretty active member here. (He just bought me my first gun, For christmas)

I think our price is reasonable, Why dont youns give me some feedback on it? We sell it for $60, we list it as a 60 pound box but we always put 63-65 pounds in it, I like to get as much in there as I can but not too much that USPS kicks it back with thier stupid 70lb limit, and we charge for a medium flat rate box, So $10.85. No handling fees or processing fees or any of that other garbage. That is when we are selling outside ebay of course. On ebay we have to charge the $11.35 because they take a good portion of shipping fees as well.

Oh and Hatch, Uhhh how do I find this 45NUT? New at this and kinda lost here.....

Banned

45NUT is ken he's the sigt owner.
    best way to find him is to find one of the sticky's he has started and click on his name.
    this will bring up a little box, click on send a p.m..
    this will open a window where you can type to him what you propose.
    he will respond. [next time he logs on]
    when he does you'll get a message window the next time you log on.
    just follow it's prompts to the answer.

Ok, I am going to go on a hunt for him now. Thanks a bunch sir.

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    45NUT is ken he's the sigt owner.
    best way to find him is to find one of the sticky's he has started and click on his name.
    this will bring up a little box, click on send a p.m..
    this will open a window where you can type to him what you propose.
    he will respond. [next time he logs on]
    when he does you'll get a message window the next time you log on.
    just follow it's prompts to the answer.

In Remembrance
    Andrea, I figure you might have a hard time finding things being new to this, just click on this link. It will take you to his profile page, look under his name (45nut) on the left of the screen for "send private message" and click on that. Type your question(s) and hit send at the bottom when done.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?3-45nut

If you look under my name you'll see the VS banner under my name.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea.Thomas View Post
    Hatch, Thank you. That helps alot. No problem paying $100 once a year, Im giving ebay $230+ A WEEK right now. Im pretty sure once the husband figure sees he isnt the only one into guns and casting and whatnot that he will become a pretty active member here. (He just bought me my first gun, For christmas)

I think our price is reasonable, Why dont youns give me some feedback on it? We sell it for $60, we list it as a 60 pound box but we always put 63-65 pounds in it, I like to get as much in there as I can but not too much that USPS kicks it back with thier stupid 70lb limit, and we charge for a medium flat rate box, So $10.85. No handling fees or processing fees or any of that other garbage. That is when we are selling outside ebay of course. On ebay we have to charge the $11.35 because they take a good portion of shipping fees as well.
    I would like to welcome you and your husband as well.I am sure you both will find lots of good people on the forum.I also am sure you will no longer have to pay ebays high fees.You will find plenty of customers here.Good luck and hope to do business with you soon.
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

Grumpa, Thank you. I found him. Just awaiting his reply.... Im not a very paitent one at times.

Alrighty.... Thank you. Ive been reading quite a bit of the......... threads...... i think they are called, Pretty useful info in here. I have a questions id like to ask but dont know where to ask it. I wanna opinions on age for first gun. I wanna get my son a .22 for his 13th birthday, hes a pretty damn good shot if I may say so myself. He got within a inch of the x on 17 out of 20 shots weekend before last with my .380.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea.Thomas View Post

To me $1.00 per pound plus shipping is very reasonable.

I had to look up Caliche (ka-lee'-chee, or sometimes klee'-chee) is a sedimentary rock, a hardened deposit of calcium carbonate.

Is this from a range or is he actually mining lead? I hope that isn't a stupid question.

As a joke we need to break the "youns" I had a dental assistant (when I could work-disabled now) for 11 years from PA. Never did get here to say yawl. Doctorggg
    Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway. John Wayne

A man has to do what a man has to do. John Wayne

A dentist huh, Maybe you can share some pointers on why the dentists here cant fix my sons teeth (He has severe asthma, GERD, Allergies and the list just goes on and on and takes tons of meds and they just keep eating away at his molars no matter how many times he brushes and flosses and rinses and yada yada yada) Were on cavity #4, 1 was pulled, 3 the dentists wont pull or fill because they cant give him meds, They say they wil fall out when his adults come in. Im worried they will infect the adult teeth. UGH!!!!

$1 a pound I think is reasonable too, I know some people sell it at $1.25-$1.30 a pound, But we dont do this as a living, Its not going to mean no food on the table or clothes on the kids backs if it doesnt sell. Honestly, Its going to fund the kids college funds. 2 of our children get my husbands purple heart scholorship, My 2 however dont get anything because they are not his kids. We are 2 families of 3 combined to make a family of 6.

Ive said youns since I learned how to talk, I have tried to break the habit, It just never works in my favor

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast