WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Cobray CM 11 and Cast Boolits

Boolit Master

Smile Cobray CM 11 and Cast Boolits

For those not familiar, the Cobray CM 11 is a blowback (not locked breech) 9mm Parabellum carbine version of the MAC 11. It is for all intents and purposes a modernized, simplified version of the Sten. There are 7 moving parts in the gun including 2 springs.

Last week I asked for some samples of a 9mm cast boolit and handyrandyrc sent me some Lee 124 grain truncated cone tumble lube boolits. I lubed 'em up with some LLA, loaded and shot 'em and am here to say they shot great! (Nice castings too Randy) I've fired both WCC 115 FMJ and a friends handload using the Rainier plated 115 FMJ thru the gun. The carbine prints both those into 2" at 15 yards (sights and trigger are awful but adaquate for the intended use of the gun)

The first load I used was 4.5 granis of Unique and while funtion was flawless, the group was far less so (6"). Switching to 4.5 grains of AA #2 the gun returned to grouping into 2" again. Feeding and extraction were flawless with 70 rounds thus far, no big test but I've shot $500.00 autos that didn't make it this far without a hiccup using jacketed.

This might not sound like much, but the feed ramp is nothing more than an extension of the sheet metal trigger guard. These things were made with the least amount of machine work possible, every part that can be made from a stamping is. The magazines are polymer. Only the breech block and barrel and barrel nuts are machined. Very cheap but lots of fun, and even more fun since it feeds and shoots cast without hiccups.

Not bad for a firearm that has "FMJ" stamped on the frame.

Thanks for the review, John. I never mind giving away samples, but it always makes it worthwhile to hear how they did. They shoot pretty well in my CZ 75 SP-01 pistol, too!

Not bad for unsized boolits with a little tumble lube in the tumble grooves... OAL has to be kept a little short for my CZ, as the throat is so tight (nearly no throat at all -- rifling begins just after the rim for the headspace!)

I have a 6-banger in this boolit, (Lee 124 grain TC with tumble lube grooves), so they pile up fast, and I don't mind sharing. Many others have done similar things for me in the past.