RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 311440 arrives!

Boolit Buddy

311440 arrives!

Wednesday evening my wife called me outside to say that she thought the moulds had arrived. The delivery guy had stacked them in front of the garage door (round the corner from the porch) and no one realized they were there. I'll get the labels going this evening and get them shipped.
    Now if I just had the time to try mine out!

Brian

Boolit Grand Master

Excellent! I wasn't expecting the molds to be in till September. Looking forward to trying this bullet out.

Boolit Master

Yahoo . . . . another mold on its way.

Thanx to all of you that set these things up for the rest of us to enjoy.

Now if they rush the 434-250 I will have to pile up a BIG stack of ingots right beside the pot!
    Last edited by TCLouis; 07-30-2005 at 09:07 AM.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Mold
    Good to hear the news! I just received the 6 cavity LEE mould handles I ordered a month ago tonight. I just logged on to see if there was any news of when we could expect to get them. I will also have to break out the pot and get in a new supply of lead. I have 5 other molds I need to break in. Hopefully the 95 degree days are about over with here in Arkansas. I need to start shooting several rifles with cast bullets to start grouping them before hunting season gets here.

Talking

I got mine today. Box and Mold looks great! Thanks so much for putting this together!
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” – John 3:16

That still amazes me…I don’t care who you are or how much I care about you, I would never let you kill my son. I can’t even begin to understand how much He loves us.

Boolit Mold
    Brian, I just wanted to let you know I just received my 6 cavity mold in the mail today also! Thanks again for doing this group buy! The weather is still in the mid 90's so I will hold off doing any serious casting for awhile. I may get around late at night to degreasing the mold and breaking it in along with 5 other molds I had purchased over the last month. I may cast about 60 bullets to work up a load with before hunting season gets here. I am wanting to try to hollow point a few bullets also to shoot into wet phone books with to see if I can get them to mushroom better. Has anyone tried this?

Boolit Buddy
    I didn't figure that they would start arriving until Tues, Wed. I was able to get 30 out friday evening but I ran out of packing tape. I had to play home building contractor this weekend so the rest will be out Monday evening.

I wish I had some quality casting time...

Brian

Boolit Master
    Brian, the mold arrived safe and sound this afternoon, Thanks for the effort.......Herb

Boolit Bub

aNew 6 Cavity mold arrived

Thanks Brian, the 311440 arrived today(Monday) looks great and once the temp. gets a little lower some casting is in order. thanks for all the effort you put into this, looks like a shooter. Have a great week.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I went out at lunch and picked up some tape. Then I found a nice tree(shade) and finished taping the boxes closed. I had labeled the boxes Sunday eveing so then it was off to wait in line at the post office. So all are shipped!

This bullet looks like a 5/16 dowel pin that someone stuck a GC on.

Brian

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by big uns
    I am wanting to try to hollow point a few bullets also to shoot into wet phone books with to see if I can get them to mushroom better. Has anyone tried this?

Mr Big,

I have a 311440, in a hollow point mold. It really isn't necessary.

This bullet is a flying barn door when it comes to ballistic coefficient. Most people play around with it and call it M.O.D. for minute of deer. But this bullet excells with velocity and tends to prefer top end performance. Because of this fact, expansion is a given. Hollow pointing just risks break up which is why I bought this mold run.

This bullet holds 2" at 2900 fps and hits like a hammer.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    This bullet was dimensioned from a sample provided by Bass Ackward. I hope what he said above proves out with this mold. Someone cast up some and give a report, I haven't seen mine yet.

Unhappy Any extra 311440's?

I must have been sleeping at the keyboard when this order was put together! If anyone has an extra or decides they don't want the one they received, would you please let me know. I'd love to have one of these.

Jerry

Received mine today as well. Many thanks.

Boolit Master

2900 FPS? Man, that's smokin'. It ought to stop a Buick Electra 222!

Beau
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Grand Master

Mine's here too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Ackward
    Mr Big,

I have a 311440, in a hollow point mold. It really isn't necessary.

This bullet is a flying barn door when it comes to ballistic coefficient. Most people play around with it and call it M.O.D. for minute of deer. But this bullet excells with velocity and tends to prefer top end performance. Because of this fact, expansion is a given. Hollow pointing just risks break up which is why I bought this mold run.

This bullet holds 2" at 2900 fps and hits like a hammer.
    This bullet has to be good... I've never had a gun that wouldn't shoot wadcutters.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine was in the AM mail, looks good. Thanks Brian.

Boolit Mold
    Bass Ackward, I don't think I can get 2900 FPS out of a 30/30. That's the reason I wanted to try to put a hollow point configeration in the bullet. I will be using it at around 2000 FPS. I may try it out of my 300 win mag.at 2900 FPS later on to check out your statement! What gun are you using this bullet in? Also what powder are you using? Thanks for the info.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by big uns
    Bass Ackward, I don't think I can get 2900 FPS out of a 30/30. That's the reason I wanted to try to put a hollow point configeration in the bullet. I will be using it at around 2000 FPS. I may try it out of my 300 win mag.at 2900 FPS later on to check out your statement! What gun are you using this bullet in? Also what powder are you using? Thanks for the info.

Mr Big,

You don't have to get 2900. But I couldn't get MOA around 16-1800 either. My point was that this bullet is aerodynamically challenged. It needs to be pushed to stabilize at longer ranges. My hollow points were around 140 grains dressed and ready to dance.

This was a 700 Rem, 30-06, with the 24" barrel with 58 grains of RL19. My wife's Howa is almost 2800 fps with a 22" tube. This was the bullet I was trying to get MOA at 200,000 RPMs (2900) with. Best I could get was 2" reliably, sometimes 1 1/2". But I believed that the hollow point made it too difficult to mold bullets (for me anyway) balanced well enough to do this at that velocity level. Depending on the final weight, I suspect that this bullet should be capable of close to those same figures.

Still, I want better accuracy with an ideal range around 22-2400 fps for my wife to hunt with. Because the bullet (my hollow point) won't hold together with strike velocities above that. Or as you are thinking, a good 30/30 bullet which it was origionally designed to be.

Bass, I'll take that worthless HP off your hands if you no longer want it. Whatcha want for it? Tony

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast