RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
Lee Precision

Thread: What no 22 long rifle ammo.

Boolit Buddy

What no 22 long rifle ammo.

So a good friend of mine called me up to complain about this. He is not one to stckpile any ammo. He was surprised when he whent to go buy a box there was nothing left. He is an avid trapper and the ammo is something he needs. I helped him out by giving him a box of 550 Remington to keep him going. Now he is on the search for more ammo. I hope he now know to keep some more in stock.
    I keep trying to stay afloat but can't help from shooting holes in my own boat.

Boolit Master

Tell him to use it wisely. It may take a little time before it's readily available.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Buddy
    Depends on how many critters he catches. If he runs out and comes back I will give him some of my ancient 22 ammo that has been stored in a coffee can for eons.
    I keep trying to stay afloat but can't help from shooting holes in my own boat.

In Remembrance
    If he is thrifty, it should last till things get back to normal. If he is a trapper he probably doesn't shoot very many animals in a trap anyway.

We still had some available here a week ago, but you couldn't be very picky about what brand. lol

Boolit Master

Here if you find some in what you want better buy it because the odds are it will not be there when you come back. I just laid away a case of cci 22 lr quiets at my LGS as it is the first I have seen them and I don't want to not have any. Yea I know I am a hoarder but you know it is nice to know I can go and have enjoyment while others are wondering what happened.

I have looking for them for months and they just showed up so I bought.

Other places like Walmart, Cabelas, sportsman's warehouse lots of bare places and if there is some prices are going up with limits on how much you can get many times.

I am not sure this is going to be a short dry spell this time around, as no one seems to know what congress is going to pass without reading like so many other non read bills they have passed in the recent past.

I trust those in the beltway to screw us over any way they can and as often as they can, nothing more or less they just don't seem to care what the folks back home want or don't want anymore. Seems they are there for all they can get and tough if it hurts the folks back home. It would be nice to see a Congress that was fed up with the spend and who cares about the debt it racks up and cut spending enough to pay the debt off.
    Wonder how many have the guts to even think about doing that let alone make it a bill to see who agrees and just how may like this run away government spending program.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Sometimes the best place to find some are the out of the way places that don't normally do a lot of volume. Small out of the way gas stations or hardware stores that generally only stock a few boxes to start with.

Boolit Master

Lot of stock supposed to be coming in March. Bet the prices ain't gonna be the same !

just recieved a brick of CCI quiet today, nice Christmas present. from my eldest daughter. she's a good un.

TTC
    NRA life member (benefactor)

Same situation down here. Everyone's been sold out so long that there's dust on the shelf. Checked with CMP and they are showing 120 days estimated availability for their 22LR. It really looks like the administration's plan is working. Ordinary Joe soon won't be able to use his gun because he won't have any ammo.
    rr2241tx
    Timin' has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    The slingshot and the BB gun appear to be enjoying a resurgence,,,,,,,

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by rr2241tx View Post
    It really looks like the administration's plan is working. Ordinary Joe soon won't be able to use his gun because he won't have any ammo.
    Guess most of us aren't the "Ordinary Joe"

Boolit Buddy
    i can get all the 22lr ammo i need, at 29.00 a brick of 500. local shops around here know how to keep their stock rooms full of supplies, because around here people reload alot more than most areas, because we are in the mountains, and in the middle of nowhere. yes i have 6 gunshops with in 45 mins, and about 30 with in 2 hours. but its the mom and pop shops that know how to handle inventory and know how to keep the supply comming in.

i know not everyone has access to a mom and pop gun shop. cabelas is 1.5 hrs away. i wont shop there unless i have super dooper coupon, remember big government loves big business. cabelas is big business.

Support your mom and pop gun shops and other small businesses. If the gun shops around here have powder, primers, bullets, 22lr ammo, than im sure your mom and pop gun shop will have them too, or at least can tell you where to head for it.
    Looking for: 32acp mold-- 22 hornet jwords-- 7.62x54r- jwords, boolits, mold-- 7x57 brass, mold---7.62 Nagant-brass-- 8x56r-brass, jwords-- any old firearm laying around ( I'm starting to take gun smithing classes, and I'm looking for pieces I can work on, PM me with your details)

Poor execution of a problem on your part doesn't constitute a problem on mine.

13/14 Trapping season
    Coon-1
    Grinner-3
    Squirrel-3