Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay....I don't get it..

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

Ebay....I don't get it..

When that nut job shot up Virginia Tech a few years ago, Ebay promptly declared that no more magazines, brass, bullets or any "parts that make a gun fire" could be advertised on their website. Only about two weeks ago, a serial numbered receiver (a Turk action) was auctioned. I passed it off as a fluke, something that slipped by their monitors. Today I notice that there are several lots of brass up for auction.....not one or two, but about ten. The prices are far above what I'd pay but they are getting bids.

Did Ebay change its policy again and somehow I missed it?

Love Life
    Probably not. The auctions might get pulled like the 30 rd AR mags.

If the Ebay auction scanners find it or a person complains, it will get pulled. As most of the time a majority of the Ebay people have no idea what is for sale, proving it is legitimate on Ebay is a major hassle. Hence the long disclaimers on a number of auctions.
    Silver Eagle

TANSTAAFL
    There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    - Robert A. Heinlein from "The moon is a harsh mistress"

Boolit Master

A few months ago I saw a BIN listing for 22 WMR cartridges, I think I even asked here (or maybe another forum I can't remember) if Ebay had changed their policy to allow live ammo for sale. I was searching for a 22 WMR reamer when I found this live ammo listed and the listing was up for over a week before it suddenly disappeared.

Banned

i thought they started letting parts and components back on there about a year or so back.
    i dunno for sure.
    the only time i go on there is when someone posts a link to some outrageous price or something rediculous.

Boolit Master

They have relaxed their policy some, for a while they quit allowing listings for barrels and most gun parts but now barrels and some other parts are allowed again.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Dooes anyone know what was the winning bid for that Canadian prehistoric ASSAULT ROCK?

The last time I saw it the bid was $5100 with 4 days to go.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Where our governors make our license plates

Why do you sty in Illinois?

Ew

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Edubya View Post

Ew
    Because it is home...

Boolit Master

I'm sorry, but if that was the best reason that I could come up with I'd still be in TEXAS!

EW

Boolit Master

I'm sorry, but if that was the best reason that I could come up with I'd still be in TEXAS!

EW
    Home, and all it's meanings, are more important to some than others. In Illinois, you take the good, and suffer the bad. It's a trade off I chose to make.

BTW, I've been to Texas more than a few times. I've got lot's of nice things to say about it, but it's not "home."

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    the only time i go on there is when someone posts a link to some outrageous price or something rediculous.
    Same here and for the most part not even then.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Truck loads of AR 10 round mags for sale...Did a quick search with just .223, an A1 upper sans everything was for sale too.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Grand Master

Alvarez is correct. My grandfather had 92 years here,mom 95 and I am working at 77 now. Yes my roots are deep.

Some of us like challenges. I have survived working outside at -52 wind chill and over 120 with 95% humidity. Add to that the challenge to the politicians from (a place that is even hotter) Chicago.

I could move out of here TOMORROW but some of us have to dig in and do what is needed instead of running away to let someone else fix things.

Boolit Master

Ew
    Hard to leave when you have a fence 16' high and electrified!
    Besides BWB would miss the company of those governors that are making the license plates. I hear he's got Blago talking about his childhood, and what could of went wrong with the with his trial!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 41 mag fan View Post
    Hard to leave when you have a fence 16' high and electrified!
    Besides BWB would miss the company of those governors that are making the license plates. I hear he's got Blago talking about his childhood, and what could of went wrong with the with his trial!
    One of the governors is to be released from the FEDERAL jail next week. He survived 6 years there now he will be in a 1/2 way house on the WEST side of Chicago for 6 months.

That he might NOT survive.

In case we run out of governors we can talk about our U S SENATOR JESSE JACKSON JR busting rocks into gravel. And then there is the politician from Chicago that got caught trying to take his gun on a plane and the list continues.

Boolit Master

Michigan (Walled Lake/Keego Harbor area) was home to me but I escaped back in 1977, unfortunately I still have family trapped there. I moved to Tn to provide a better environment for my children and I have never regretted the decision, sometimes a fellow just has to do what he's got to do.

My apologies about getting so far off topic.

Boolit Master

The Feebay folks are prostitutes, they will sell anything if the price is right. I understand their revenues are down becuse of start-up competitiors so they may be liberalizing their rules now.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez Kelly View Post
    Because it is home...
    Ask the same question about Amarillo, it is home it is hot, cold, windy, and hail the size of soft balls but I have been to the highest mountain and deep forest in USA and feel trapped when I can't see 30+ miles
    Best reason for staying!
    Frank G.

Boolit Buddy
    magazines 10 rounds or less are fine to put on ebay. mags more than 10 are not allowed. gun parts are ok. barrels ok. brass and bullets are not ok.

Next thing someone is going to say is that they see mags with 10 rds or higher, or brass, or bullets. Ebay has how many million auctions going at once, they cant police the site 24/7 because people cant read their policies or care to ignore.

Yes you can still sell gun related items. Take the time and read the rules and policies of the site you want to sell on then you can make sure your auction or listing wont get deleted or you get infraction.
    Looking for: 32acp mold-- 22 hornet jwords-- 7.62x54r- jwords, boolits, mold-- 7x57 brass, mold---7.62 Nagant-brass-- 8x56r-brass, jwords-- any old firearm laying around ( I'm starting to take gun smithing classes, and I'm looking for pieces I can work on, PM me with your details)

Poor execution of a problem on your part doesn't constitute a problem on mine.

13/14 Trapping season
    Coon-1
    Grinner-3
    Squirrel-3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast