Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is there a press mounted powder measure that's consistent to .01 gr?

Quote Originally Posted by r1kk1 View Post
    Daddyseal I think JM was saying is look to other areas as a 4" group at 17 yds wasn't good. What is the load you are currently using? I had a Taurus in 357 that loved gas checked bullets more than plain base. 44man who contributes quite a bit to this list, I believe shoots groups under two inches at 100 yds. Don't quote me on that. I find my Dan Wesson really likes heavy for caliber bullets. It will shoot plain base and gas checked very well. I like H4227 and H110/296 for powders and CCI 350 for primers.

All in all there is a lot you can do for the firearm alone. As I get older, I need better sights. There have been some really great tips on this forum provided to you.

http://www.sixguns.com/BookOfThe44/

This is a very good read.

Also evaluate the pistol rest your using. What reloading setup are you using. There are more variables than can be imagined.

Take care brother and I originally misread your post about .01 not .1

r1kk1
    Very interesting info on .44 caliber revolvers~!
    LOTs of information there!!...I'll read more, when I have time...Thanks~
    Yes, I'm finding about all the variables, etc., from other members here.

I don't use a "rest" to do it...just a weaver stance and take my time with the shots, friend.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyseal View Post

I don't use a "rest" to do it...just a weaver stance and take my time with the shots, friend.
    Same here. I test by rounds the same way I expect to fire them in an actual situation--be it hunting, target shooting, self-defense, a competition, etc.

Now, the (potential) downfall to this is the ability to be 100% honest with yourself if you're having a bad shooting day, which happens to everyone on occasion, and realize that it is MY fault (the shooter) and not the gun or the ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Same here. I test by rounds the same way I expect to fire them in an actual situation--be it hunting, target shooting, self-defense, a competition, etc.

Now, the (potential) downfall to this is the ability to be 100% honest with yourself if you're having a bad shooting day, which happens to everyone on occasion, and realize that it is MY fault (the shooter) and not the gun or the ammo.

Yep, I have 'em too ;} ..Doesn't everyone, friend?
    I totally agree~

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyseal View Post
    You must be talking about rifle reloading...I'm talking about my .44 magnum revolver here (mostly)
    A few post back you mentioned about starting reloading for your rifles soon. I read it as you were getting prepared to do some real accurate shooting.

You need to shoot from a rest if you want to know how consistent your ammo/revolver is. If you're not going to shoot from a rest then don't bother weighing your powder to .05 grains.
    Earlier you said "consistency is important to me". Use a rest.
    Also when shooting off hand, don't fight the 44 magnum, learn how to manage it, I call it roll with the recoil.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Also when shooting off hand, don't fight the 44 magnum, learn how to manage it, I call it roll with the recoil.
    Yes, I do...I let it do it's own thing, similar to Dirty Harry
    And when I shoot my rifles, I , of course, will use the rests at the range~

Boolit Buddy
    The Lee disk measure . Just give it a little cleaning and preventive maintenance ever year or two .

God bless
    Wyr

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345