RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long do you think this supply issue is going to last?

Boolit Master
    Well said Jack, and Troyboy is right on.

A week ago yesterday, I was in Lewiston, Idaho and stopped in at the Black Sheep.

They still had CCI Blazer bulk pack .22 by the case (5250 rounds) for just less then $160. Limit of one case per customer per day. Best price I'd seen since obamanation #1.

Not so now, I just heard yesterday that the limit was down to two bulk packs per customer.

I'm guessing there were at least 30 - 40 cases that I could see just over a week ago, or +/- a quarter of million rounds, and most of it sold in a week or less.

I heard that this ammo was available quite awhile back, so anyones guess how many millions went out the door.

This is ammo, by the way, that is produced within 2 miles of the Black Sheep.

Did I buy a case when I saw it? You bet I did and would likely do so again if the opportunity presented itself.

I have a young hunter that I will continue mentoring this Summer, and we WILL use some ammo in the process. Both .22RF and reduced load 30/06.

I am back ordered on the 165gr Hornady Interlock I plan to load for Nate's hunting this coming Fall, but push comes to shove, I'll load from my 180gr stock that was laid in at the first obamanation, or stock that has been sitting on the shelf for years.

Food, components, fuel, clothes, blankets are all like money in the bank. Buy them when you can.

In fact, money in the bank is only a promise to pay you, and that piece of worthless paper is only good as long as someone is willing to except it in trade for what they have.

How long is that going to work out?

Crusty Deary OL'Coot

Boolit Grand Master

Was at the largest gun dealer in Omaha a few hours ago. From talking with the sales personnel, I am convinced that it has not yet peaked and is readiy to plateau, much less start on a downcline.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

I still think we're looking at about two years of this, at the minumum. I received this e-mail from Top Gun Supply this morning:

Due to the current state of the firearms industry, we are flooded with phone calls and emails. PLEASE use the phone for important communications only. We do not know when anything is coming in and we do not know the price until it does arrive. Many manufacturers are quoting us at 24 months for orders placed today. We are not taking any special orders at this time. We also do not have any "inside information" about the possible legislation being introduced.

If manufacturers and distributors are quoting delivery times two years out, how can the supply catch up with the demand before then? I don't think it can. At the SHOT Show, one manufacturer of AR rifles told me his current stock was what he had on display, and had orders that would take him the rest of the year to fill, if then.

No, we're in for a long dry spell here..........

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    I think your right on Fred.

It is now worse then with the first obomanation, so why would we expect it to smooth out soon when it took 3 years the first time to see solid signs of returning to pre-obomanation levels of shelf stock and prices barely if any starting to come down.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by craig61a View Post
    Based on the last 'panic', I'd say a year or more for things to get back to normal. Of course that depends on what happens in the coming months as far as the anti-gun hysteria...
    +1 I think we are in for a dry year

Boolit Mold
    Well, if its real bad on primers, reload the cups yourself. Take a needle nose plier and hold the cup, use a nail or punch to pop the anvil out, then use a similar diameter punch as the cup, hammer and block of wood to flatten the dimple in the cup. Buy "strike anywhere matches" and crush up the powder and fill the cup with match powder. place anvil back in cup and seat the primer into case with a clamp and done, reloaded primer that can be reloaded many times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7nphPRG6JA

Boolit Master

Well, the Obamascare lasted for about three years and it wasn't nearly this bad or quick.

I think it's gonna be quite a long dry spell until things returns to 'normal', whatever that will look like.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Grand Master

How long do you think this supply issue is going to last?

Maybe it depended on where you live? But things were back to normal within a year by me. It took the four years for ARs to become cheap. But the supply was there well before three years in.

I came to a realization earlier in the week. We have been aware of the situation for awhile because we're active shooters. A lot of casual shooters are just realizing there are shortages. Which isn't helping things at all. I got a call from a friend's father wondering why the ammo shelves at Wal-Mart are almost empty. This is a guy who I shoot with a few times a year and is very politically active. But he didn't realize there were supply issues because he isn't on the internet and only buys ammo as he needs it. I know there are a lot of people out there like this. And the more that come to realize there are supply issues will just cause the situation to last longer.

Boolit Master
    That could be correct, and a good point.

I had a fellow contact me by "PM" just a few days ago, because I had commented that as of a week ago this past Monday, there was still CCI Blazer available in the area by the case.

No so today, by the way, but this fellow just wanted enough ammo to take his son and grandson out to do a bit of squrrel hunting.

He was willing to pay for shipping to the midwest from here in Idaho. Too bad, he was too late.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123