Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Ixquick search engine

Boolit Master

Ixquick search engine

I recently found a different web search engine that IMO we should use instead of Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. It is Ixquick. It doesn't track you and has other privacy tools built in.

And it DOESN'T support gun control. In fact the one in charge of pr is a known supporter of members of Second Amendment Sisters. Study up on this company and the people who work for them.

https://www.ixquick.com/

I have no money interest, personal skin,etc in this company. I just think we shouldn't enrich those that are against us. You may want to consider using them.

Boolit Bub

It does not support Chrome, should you have that.

Boolit Master

I don't or won't have Chrome. And would advise against having it. I currently use Foxfire, but may change that.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I've been using it for awhile. Seems pretty good. I only use it on Firefox, as I don't like Chrome.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

I've been using Startpage for a couple of years now. It's supposed to be the most private search engine. Had not heard of Ixquick
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Startpage and Ixquick are the same company. I don't know what is all different between the 2 or which is better to use.

Boolit Buddy Sergeant Earthworm's Avatar
    It may be a moot point. I read recently that the NSA performs about 1 Billion web/email searches per day, recording the results for who knows what purpose.

In Remembrance
    I have been trying out Duck Duck Go, a search engine that doesn't keep tracking information.
    It is easy to use, but doesn't seem to have the 'power' of Google.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    I read about DuckDuckGo in one of the local rags, been using it since. No tracking, don't know if it's politicly correct. Something else to look at is Ghostery, some sort of an add blocker.
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Firefox is by far the best browser choice, even if it's not inherently as secure as Tor.

Ghostery is a tracker blocker. Never ceases to amaze me how many of those little widgets some sites (especially Main Scream Media and "shopping" sites) try to stuff into your computer when you click in. I've seen as many as 22 separate bugs from just one site.

Also run Adblock Plus, which stops off all those "belly fat" ads and popups.

Also run Better Privacy, which kills a type of "super-cookie" that other blockers don't get.

Also run Flashblock, which stops some of the snoopers that use Macromedia objects.

I ran Google Sharing for a long time. It routes all data that Google demands through a proxy server so it can't be tied back to you. Ixquick andn DuckDuckGo to the same thing for searches, but not for URLs that you select directly off your Favorites.

BTW if you haven't done so, IT managers everywhere are recommending that you disable JAVA on your machine. There's a nasty around that exploits a bug in JAVA to do denial-of-service swarm attacks on web sites.

No expert, me, I'm just doing what my old IT manager recommended.
    Last edited by uscra112; 01-20-2013 at 11:04 PM.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

I have been using the DuckDuckgo one. Seems that Ixquick is faster. I've been using Ghostly for a while and also amazed how much tracking goes on.

Boolit Master

I use dogpile myself. Don't know how it compares to the others lifted but so far so good.
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Buddy

Just a heads for those you are using Ixquick, they do not filter known spam ISP from their result listings. Be carefull and check the web address before clicking on any listed search results.
    "An armed society is a polite society" R.A. Heinlein 1907 - 1988

Boolit Buddy
    Ditto on Dogpile.

Been using it for years. I am a little annoyed that ads now appear as the first and last few items on the page but I guess they gotta pay their bills.