MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: My new Varmint Caller

Boolit Master

My new Varmint Caller

Just bought a new Electronic caller with Remote called the Kat Attakk by Edge. www.edgebyexpedite.com. 300 ft. range on remote, pre-programmed with 30 calls. Looks to be a good replacement for my old Johnny Stewart caller with cassette tapes and a wired speaker. Hope to be out soon in the high desert calling song dogs. Anyone else using one of these?

Boolit Buddy

Let me know how it works, my johnny stewart died on me finally

Boolit Mold
    So whats the verdict on the new caller? Put it to use yet?

Boolit Master
    Sorry guys, been working alot of overtime. No time yet to get out with the caller. I did fire it up on the porch. Loud and clear sounding. Remote tested out to about 100 ft. I like it better over my old Johnny Stewart cassette caller already. No kills yet.

Boolit Master

For anyone looking at purchasing an electronic caller - maybe take a look at Wildlife Technologies - I've got the MA-21 and it works for me. You probably don't need all those sounds, at least I sure don't but I have them anyway because I needed the power when I upgraded. I sent mine back in this winter for an antenna upgrade, as the new ones are inside, so you don't have a wire to break-off or an external antenna to mess with.

The remote range on mine is just shy of 300 YARDS, which sometimes comes in handy, depending upon the terrain.

If you live in the North, it'll pay for itself the 1st winter. Around here coyote pelts in the raw are getting $40/$50 each.

http://wildlifetech.com/pages/home.htm
    http://wildlifetech.com/pages/MA-21%...ct%20page.html
    http://wildlifetech.com/pages/WT%20versus%20FoxPro.html

Love Life
    Good fur this year on the song dogs. I plan to upgrade to an electronic caller in the future, and thank you for the product information. The reeds in my hand calls like to freeze.

Boolit Grand Master

Just as a side lite, years ago as a kid used to call a lot of fox in western N.Y. Used one of the very early Burnam Brothers calls that was a reed in a tip of a cow horn. Worked pretty well up to a point. However we were only armed with shotguns, so had to get them in to 35-40 yds or so. One thing that worked real well for us was a small squeeky toy, not very loud, but very effective. Had fox to within 15'.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

HAH!!!
    I thought I was the only guy who kept the squeeze squeakies after the pup disemboweled the toss toy.
    I actually carry one in my day pack as an essential.
    Your right in that they are not loud, but they can be used by foot , mouth or buddy, or kid.
    On a quiet morning, I've been able to barK to get a coyote's attention and use a squeaky to get him coming from a surprising distance once you get his hearing focused. Just don't over squeak.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

In Remembrance
    Is Burnam brothers still around. I used to enjoy going to their store in marble falls, but it closed/moved years ago.

Boolit Master

I tested a caller once, got every stray and loose dog within a 1/4 mile in my yard in less than 5 minutes....
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...