Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Some thoughts on the panic buying epidemic

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    it's all for the good of the downtrodden, and stuff..
    And within the next four years the downtrodden will be America. Coast to coast.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    It's like you're in Obamas head.............................................. .
    A closer aproximation to hell I can't envision.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.

The Panic Buying has Hit the CMP

The panic buying has hit the CMP with some ammo sold out, others have ordering limits imposed, and for certain rifles the taking of new orders has been suspended until they catch up on the backlog.

CMP
    Sales Announcement 4 Feb, 2013 - ammunition
    AGUILA .22LR AMMUNITION. The CMP is sold out of caliber .22 rimfire ammunition. The manufacturer, Aguila, has advised that the earliest we can expect resupply is late April, 2013, at slightly higher pricing. We are still accepting orders and will fill those orders as soon as we have received new inventory. At the rate that orders are being received for this backordered ammunition, the entire resupply quantity may be sold before it is even received. Anyone interested in receiving this .22 ammo should place their order now and get on the list.

LAKE CITY CARBINE AMMO. The caliber .30 Lake City Carbine ammo that we offered for sale beginning 2 Jan, 2013 will be sold out by 8 Feb, 2013. We still have over 1,000 orders for this ammo that have not yet shipped, but will be filled over the next few weeks. Aguila .30 carbine ammo (CMP item 438A) is still available for purchase.
    UPDATE "Carbine ammo sold out" CMP Chief Operating Officer 02-07-2013

PURCHASE LIMIT ON HXP .30-06 ammunition. As a result of the purchasing frenzy of the HXP .30-06 ammunition, effective immediately CMP is imposing a 10 can per year per customer limit for CMP item number 4C3006X000-200 and 4C3006X000-200P (200 loose rounds in .30 cal can). The several thousand orders already received either through estore, mail, phone, fax, etc. will be honored. We regret having to ration this ammunition, but are doing so to ensure that future new rifle purchasers over the next 1-2 years have access to some of this ammunition.

Rifles
    SA SG sold out today 02-05-2013 (One of the types of rifles they sell.)
    "We have so many orders that it will take us months to fill. Rather than keep receiving orders and have to tell folks that their waiting time is a year, we just stopped accepting orders till we catch up." CMP Chief Operating Officer
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

OK I'm one of those horrible hoarders. Before Obama got elected I suspected what was coming and spent several thousand dollars (dollars that I earned and paid taxes on) I bought many jugs of Varget, RedDot, BLC-2 and other powders as well as all the primers Grafs would sell me. I'll never have to buy primers or powder again. I've got about three tons of coww ingots so I don't sweat zink or steel wheel weights. To those of you who didn't see this coming, shame on you. For those of you who saw it coming and didn't do anything to protect yourselves, you deserve exactly what you've got. If more Americans were aware of what's happening to us we would be better off.
    Marty-hiding out in the hills.

Boolit Buddy
    ok, I guess my ethics are different than most of ya'll.

sorry but when I see a guy buy a mag Tuesday for $9 and then sell it Tuesday night for 45, I was taught that's not Christian, its why its often referred to by the derogatory term "jewing" someone.

If your Christian I suggest you read your Bible or talk to your Preacher. If your not, then, like I said earlier, we have different ethics.

edit- I'm not talking about hoarding, heck, like I've said before, most of what some of you are calling hoarding isn't, its just saving for the future!

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mpmarty View Post
    OK I'm one of those horrible hoarders. Before Obama got elected I suspected what was coming and spent several thousand dollars (dollars that I earned and paid taxes on) I bought many jugs of Varget, RedDot, BLC-2 and other powders as well as all the primers Grafs would sell me. I'll never have to buy primers or powder again. I've got about three tons of coww ingots so I don't sweat zink or steel wheel weights. To those of you who didn't see this coming, shame on you. For those of you who saw it coming and didn't do anything to protect yourselves, you deserve exactly what you've got. If more Americans were aware of what's happening to us we would be better off.
    I don't consider that hoarding but rather being prepared or just making sure you have plenty to enjoy your hobby.
    I'm in about the same boat at you are with stock. I bought lots of components and tools through the years as I could afford them before panic buying ever started.
    I have just over three tons of alloy too but that was collected over the years. I bought primers and powder at good deals in bulk orderes to offset Hazmat and shipping charges. There is no way that I could go to any LGS and purchase components cheaper than what I have invested in what I have.
    I've collected brass for every caliber that I shoot then even some for calibers that I may purchase in the future.
    I'm setting on what some would consider a gold mine in just 5.56/223 brass. I purchased MFRB after MFRB for pennies on the dollar compared to what it's selling for now.
    No, that's not hoarding, supplies were plentiful and we took advantage of that. No one suffered because supplies were plentiful. People were just selling and buying as normal.

I purchased most of the stuff I have because its my hobby. I did have thoughts that if something like this did happen that I would be set up and not have to worry. But that was just a justification for my own mind even though I could not see anything of this magnitude on the horizon.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    All this talk of stocking up and hoarding will be a moot point when the govt. decrees you will not have more than five cartridges in your house at any given time.

Govt. is arming up....people are arming up...not looking good.....maybe it's all going to come to a head finally.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Mold
    I bought 40k primers 17# powder just before Sandy Hook. I'm not hording at all I try to buy as much as I can to get the best overall price. In my view why pay multiple hazmat and shipping fee's when you can just pay one.

My wife, father and I are avid shooters so going through 3 or 4k rounds a month is the norm. We haven't bought anything since because we're all stocked up. When I dip below 10k primers I'll buy another 40k or so.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789