MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: What was the first gun you ever fired?

Ruger 22LR Single-Six at age 8.

Boolit Master
    BB gun...Daisy 1894...age 8
    Pellet gun...PIC .177...age 10
    .22 rifle...not sure age but was one of the Winchester .22 Short Gallery Special Pumps at the carnival...
    Handgun...S&W M14...age 14
    Shotgun...Stevens single shot 12 ga....14
    Centerfire rifle...Remington 700 .30-06...16

Boolit Buddy
    Now where I can shoot and not worry where the bullet goes
    Back when I was 12 years old, my father had to take the garbage to the town dump. I remember it being a deep hole surrounded by hills of composted waste.
    After we emptied our truck into the hole we would pull the International Harvester Truck around the back and shoot rats.
    You could always hear the sound of Gun fire around the area.
    My first gun...my grandfathers Remington No. 4 Rolling Block.
    One shot, one kill. It sharpened my eye for all the target and hunting I did and still do in later life.
    Great times and a community service. Don't think I could pull that off today though.

Boolit Bub
    Not first time, but still Very Memorable... We were up at another uncle's ranch in E. Tx; I was about 4. My uncle took me one night to the barn to shoot rats that were in the hay he had stored there. He had a Colt .357 Magnum, first model and a flashlight. Lots of noise and fun! The rats were in the corn cribs, but roamed in the hay... It was a great pistol with a 6" barrel. Great balls of fire, literally in the dark. Killed a few rats, too~!

I honestly can't remember. It might have been my dad's service Colt Official Police .38 Special somewhere around age 8, with a wadcutter, or my Stevens Mod. 15-A single shot .22 L.R. rifle received as a Christmas gift at age 12. Either way, there were several years of BB gun in between.

Boolit Buddy
    First was a Daisy Red Ryder that I got for Christmas around age 8. Next was about age 10, my dad got me a Belgium made Browning T-bolt. Loved that gun but it was stolen when my house was broken in to.
    Learned to dove hunt with a Mossberg 410 bolt action single shot

Boolit Master
    a junky sewer pipe Model 12C Remington pump.

My uncle helped me hold it out at about 45 degrees pointing down while I pulled the trigger to shoot a .22 short into the dirt in the back yard of my grandparents farm house. I was about 4 and I knew I would never be big enough to hold up such a cannon by myself.
    EDG

An old .410 break action.
    I was 7 years old.
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

Boolit Buddy

I first shot my grandfather's 410 and was so impressed he said I could have it after he died. He passed away a few months later and I became a gun owner at age four.

daisy BB gun, earlier than i can remember. then got an ithica single shot lever action .22 for my 12th birthday.
    Giving money and power to Government, is like giving Whiskey and Car Keys to teenage boys!!!!

REMEMBER,,, Boys and Girls,,, An EMPTY gun is just an ugly club!!!!

Boolit Buddy
    .22 H&R 9 shot DA pistol. I was about 5 years old and Dad had just bought it. I wanted to shoot it so stupidly Dad cocked it and proceeded to hand it to me butt first. I still remember reaching out and yanking the trigger. The gun went off and actually left powder burns on my dads hand and shot a hole in his T shirt.
    Dad turned white as a ghost and Mom yelled at me. Dad told me that he was fine and that it was totally his fault.
    He was only 25 years old and I guess a little careless then (weren't we all).
    That was 50 years ago and I can still remember it like it was yesterday.
    That gun is now in my safe and every time I get it out I have to tell that story to whomever is around.

Boolit Mold
    My Dad’s ‘68 Colt Python/6”bbl, I was 7yrs old! He held it around me, full house mag load, AWESOME! Hence my love for handguns for the past 50yrs, Thanks Dad!

Ithaca Super 66 410 break open with finger lever. I was about 7 and it was my first squirl hunting venture with my father. That was 54 years ago and I still have that shotgun.
    Most folks see a firearm as rifle, pistol, shotgun, ect.... I see a canvas.

Boolit Buddy

Aside from a BB gun, I remember shooting my dad's 12 Gauge Winchester at an oil can around when I was 6 or 7. Held the gun up for me and I shot it and the recoil knocked me back into dad's arms.

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was was actually about 65 years ago, though. I shot my Dad’s Luger that he brought home after the war. I remember putting three holes in the lid of a Mr. Peanut can nailed to a tree. Been hooked ever since.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master

I think I was 7 years old, New Years. I stayed up to midnight because my dad said that he would let me shoot his S&W 38 s&w lemon squeezer. I thought it was the most powerful gun ever made.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

My Dad's 1955 vintage Marlin 39. It now resides in my safe and holds many pleasant memories for me.

Boolit Buddy
    First real gun I shot was Dad's Savage 12ga auto shotgun he brought home from the navy when I was 2 yrs old. Shot it at around 12 myself, squirrel hunting. Shortly after he bought me a Stevens 20 ga single shot. About a year later, around 13, I had a paper route and my own money, and bought a Winchester mod 67 22 rifle from the local pawn shop, used for $10. Wish I still had them both but let my brother have the 20 ga and he sold it 50 years ago, and let a cousin have the 22 and he destroyed it. Wallacem in Ga

Boolit Man
    My fathers Remington 121 Fieldmaster 22. Still have it. I think I was 5 years old so that would be 1956. Couldn't begin to take a guess at the number of squirrels and rabbits that gun and I brought home. Lots of vermin too. It has also traveled a lot of miles on the trap line.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    My dads Glenfield .22 rifle I was probably 6 or 7 at the time , then shortly there after a .22 RG revolver also my dads , we were under a bridge on the Pecos river , to this day I don't remember ever shooting anything so loud !! lol

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567