Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 22 tcm

Boolit Master
    Oh lucky you! I'm still waiting for mine. I was wondering what people would be using that mold for

Boolit Man

I would like to find some one to make a 1:12 barrel to fit a Sig p938 in 22 tcm. that would be an ideal concealed carry
    "The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Boolit Mold

Cleaned up the NOE 225107 mold and cast up some boolits before work the other day. What a difference going between the Lee 309-230 and the NOE 225107! Took some getting used to to get those small cavities filled properly but starting to get a handle on it. Soon as Bro gets back from BR shoot will put them through the sizer and GC and load some up.

L-R: NOE 225107 37gr FNCG, Lyman (?) 55 gr RNGC, Armscor 40gr JFN, Hornady 35gr VMax

Boolit Master
    Are you having issues with that mold? My gas check cavities don't fill out well, the plain base seems fine

Boolit Buddy
    This round looks like the perfect candidate for that Hi-Tek coating. I sure do wish I could get a TCM where I live...I'm exempt and can't get anyone to ship one

Boolit Mold
    At first I had trouble getting the cavities to fill, kinda threw me for a loop. First I tried to pressure pour from right under the pot but that didn't let any gas out. So now I "over pour" to let that bit of gas out and that works. I think if I slow my stream down a bit it might help but I was pouring 230gr boolits at the same time as these. That is a huge mold compared to the cavities and bro said I would never keep it hot enough. I thought NOE might have cut the base down a bit to get rid of some mass and give a shorter path for venting but with such a small boolit, I don't know. I'll keep at it and do what makes boolits.

Boolit Man

Anyone seen anything on making or modifying dies for this?
    "The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

ADMIN

I got a set of LEE dies inbound. They are out there you just got to look for them.

Anyone have any loading data they want to share?

Boolit Man

Hatch any ideas on where I can get a set of the lee dies?

ADMIN

my dad bought these off of gunbroker. He paid way too much.
    You can order a set of CH4D dies directly from CH4D and get them in a couple weeks.

Cast Boolits Owner

I just purchased 2 sets from CH4D. Give them a call and ask for Beth.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Man

I just missed it then because she told me this batch is all sold and there wont be any for 6 months. I couldnt talk you into parting with one set of those could I? I just finished a detailed drawing of the case posted here .https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlj1qks06raxx9b/22tcm_prm.pdf

Boolit Mold
    Does anyone have any specific load data for the 22 TCM? I have read that Lilgun powder is having some success. Would either Bullseye or H 335 be something to experiment with?

Boolit Mold

TCM Loads

Quote Originally Posted by whitecap View Post
    Does anyone have any specific load data for the 22 TCM? I have read that Lilgun powder is having some success. Would either Bullseye or H 335 be something to experiment with?
    I run 10 gr of Lil Gun & H110 with the factory 40gr bullet
    7.4 gr of 2400 with 75gr bullets
    and for grins
    1.8gr of Unique with 62gr SS109 put in backwards
    Have fun and stay safe!

9.2 grains of ww296 and a lyman 225438 with a small pistol primer.

Boolit Master

Anyone tried Red Dot yet? That is probably the powder that I have the most of, so I like to use it whenever possible.

Boolit Master
    For full power loads I think red dot would be too fast, Might be able to make some nice gallery loads with it though.
    I tried to look it up in Quickloads but the cartridge is not listed.
    I am thinking if one could use a longer OAL one could do some neat stuff with this and the shorter OAL gallery loads would eliminate the need for a 22RF.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123