Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Mowrey info??

Boolit Buddy

Mowrey info??

I have come into a couple of Mowrey's.
    A finished 12ga and a 50 cal. unfinished kit.
    I am looking for any and all info and literature on these.
    Copies of manuals or instructions would be awesome.
    Thanks

Boolit Master

You might try Deer Creek in Waldron IN, they use to sell them. The company changed hands but there might be some directions around somewhere. The guys that took it over where still finding stuff a couple months ago.
    I always like the looks of the Mowreys but didn't get one before they discontinued them and the Hopkins-Allens.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master

I've got two, both .45's. The quick twist one I call my $300 crowbar. That's about as accurate as it is, and about all it is good for! Easy to carry guns, but I haven't found an accurate load or any reasonable accuracy from either of them. All I'm asking for is all rounds in the black at 50 yds, a 5"circle. But .... I'll endeavor to perservere.....

Fernando, I've had mine since 1989 or '90, but it didn't come with a manual. Rather, it had a printed sheet with schematics, part no.'s, and loading data. Unlike Janoosh's guns, mine is a .50cal. (.495" RB recommended in the instructions) and is a tack driver. In fact, I just fired it yesterday for Pat Iffland's CBA September ML Postal Match.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    Fernando, I've had mine since 1989 or '90, but it didn't come with a manual. Rather, it had a printed sheet with schematics, part no.'s, and loading data. Unlike Janoosh's guns, mine is a .50cal. (.495" RB recommended in the instructions) and is a tack driver. In fact, I just fired it yesterday for Pat Iffland's CBA September ML Postal Match.
    Im glad to see one show up in the match! I have one that I bought last year in a package deal. Its the 1776-1976 gun. Its 50cal. The hammer is loose in mine. I have not had time to machine a bronze insert for it yet. Im going to support the hammer from the left side of the frame also. Will post some pics. The lawn service is starting to slow down so I will some time to mess with it

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    Any chancde you still have the sheet tucked away??

Can't find the Mowrey info., but you can get it from Deer Creek Products: http://www.yellowpages.com/waldron-i...Creek+Products

Boolit Master
    I like off beat guns. that is why I have been shooting under hammers in the matches for years. I would like to get a mowery action. I have a real good .40 cal barrel I want to try on it.

putting the hammer on a trunion supported by both sides of the action will improve the trigger and keep the hammer in alignment with the nipple. I have done 2 of them for other people.