Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: MiHec 2 or 4 cavity brass 358640 380 ACP/ 9mm Luger & Makarov Cramer HPGC or PB

Boolit Buddy
    It's been three weeks. Should show up any day.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    It's the post office that worries me, they never make an attempt to leave a package that requires signature and again left a pink slip today for a scope I bought and quietly drove away, never had a chance. I'd have no way of knowing if a slip was lost or not delivered with no tracking, one pain about the MiHec buys for me, along with the incredibly long wait on most of them. Quality is excellent and designs are too, guess that's why I put up with it.
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ballistim View Post
    It's the post office that worries me, they never make an attempt to leave a package that requires signature and again left a pink slip today for a scope I bought and quietly drove away, never had a chance. I'd have no way of knowing if a slip was lost or not delivered with no tracking, one pain about the MiHec buys for me, along with the incredibly long wait on most of them. Quality is excellent and designs are too, guess that's why I put up with it.
    I don't know how big an operation he has, but if you look at just the sheer number of group buys he has to deal with, he has to pick priorities to try and keep everyone happy while still maintaining his excellent quality control.
    I would have liked this one to have been done sooner, but I understand what a difficult job he has trying to juggle schedules of so many group buys.

I know exactly where you are coming from ballistim. I have had a problem with my PO delivery person not leaving the slip and then got a slip for another MP mold a week later. When I contacted the PO I found I had one that had been there a week. Unfortunate as of late the PO is taking longer and until folks start posting the arrival of their mold in your general area I would not sweat it. Last 2 took around 5 weeks for me.

Mine is here!!!! It is like Christmas when they take so long in the PO system. Got it cleaned and ready to cast. I might actually get to run some tests on the range trip coming up.

Boolit Buddy

I ordered both - .358 and .366. One came today - hope the other shows in a day or two.

Boolit Bub
    Got mine today, did little more than opening the box. At first glance it looks good.
    NRA Lifetime Member

Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

my feedback thread;
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...=dieselrealtor

I got my 4 cavity today. The box looked like it had been run over by a truck a couple times and was as stiff as an overcooked noodle. Upon opening the box I could see the box got soaked with rain water at some point. The boxes should probably be shrink wrapped to help them be more water resistant. Other than a couple rust spots on the sprue plate and screw the mold does look undamaged and all parts look to be there however.

Boolit Master
    Got mine today in excellent shape.
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Bub
    got mine today and looks good.

Boolit Buddy

The U.S. Post Office did me wrong

This is not how you want your new MP Mold to arrive. I've been waiting on the two molds from this group by to show up. I left the signature card in my mailbox and this is what shows up today. I have to say Miha does a great job when it comes to molds and packaging, but the Postal Service is not to be outdone. Inside the bodybag I find one destroyed package. All the mold pins are missing and the packing material soaked. I have rust and deep scratches on the sprue plate. The corners of the mold looks like they have taken a fall off a three story building. This mess has put me off my dinner tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02073.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	135643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02072.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	135644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02075.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	135645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02077.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	135647

Quote Originally Posted by SP5315 View Post
    This is not how you want your new MP Mold to arrive. I've been waiting on the two molds from this group by to show up. I left the signature card in my mailbox and this is what shows up today. I have to say Miha does a great job when it comes to molds and packaging, but the Postal Service is not to be outdone. Inside the bodybag I find one destroyed package. All the mold pins are missing and the packing material soaked. I have rust and deep scratches on the sprue plate. The corners of the mold looks like they have taken a fall off a three story building. This mess has put me off my dinner tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02073.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	135643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02072.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	135644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02075.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	135645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02077.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	135647
    My box was in slightly better shape than than yours but had no integrity left. The box was damp inside and out packing material included. I think they probably got wet before they got in the US or right after they got in the US. They some time to dry.

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    Makarov mold arrived today!
    I was much more fortunate than some regarding the condition mine arrived in, same conditions on box & mold as always, mold & pins all in order.
    Can't wait to cast some up!
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Buddy
    My 2 molds came in today and the boxes were ripped and one was sitting in water and dried out. It looked bad but Mihec wrapped them well because there was no rust and all parts where there. The newspaper was soaked then dried out from the packing inside. I guess it took this long because USPS had to dry them up before delivery. I also had some cast iron ingot molds shipped from Virginia and it took 30 days to go 4 states away. Good old USPS !
    I forgot to say the molds look great. Thank you Mihec for another work of art.
    Last edited by FLYCUTTER; 04-02-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I also received mine today.
    The box was crushed, mutilated, wet and wrapped in a plastic bag, so it had no chance to dry.
    Fortunately, MiHec had wrapped the mold and pins in plastic bags and they came thru unscathed. No rust or damage. Great job sealing the mold and pins in plastic!
    The box on the other hand, was so damaged, they had to put it in a plastic bag to keep all of the parts together. The plastic bag is from the USPS, same as dkf's, so I think this happened after it got to our side of the ocean.
    Another beautiful mold. I can't wait to clean it and cast a few bullets.
    But that will have to wait a couple of weeks, too much on my plate right now.

Boolit Bub
    Got mine today and my box was also damaged and wet but the mold was OK.

I received my two molds - one GC and one PB.

The GC box was perfect and came a few days before the PB box.

The PB mold's box was like many of the others are reporting here - it was all crushed and had been wet inside. The mold is dented on one of the end corners so it must have been impacted hard, considering how well these are packed. But the mold looks like it will work as the sprue plate and cavities look okay - it just won't look as pretty like the rest of the MP molds I have. There was no rust and the pins look okay.

AZBrian

Boolit Buddy

Now I am worried. Received one mold about 5 days ago and waiting on the .366. Hope it hasn't suffered the same fate as some of those above!

Boolit Buddy
    If my hollow point pins hadn't gone missing I think I would have been good go. The rust on the sprue plate wasn't too bad. It has cleaned up with just a little pitting and some moderate gouging on the top of the plate. I think a little cold bluing on the sprue plate will help out. I've contacted Miha, and as soon as the replacement pin set arrives, I'm sure it will be good to go. I'm hoping the other mold from this buy turns up in better shape.

Boolit Buddy

Received my 2d mold (.366) with the same damage to the box as shown above. Box and newspaper inside were still wet. The plastic bag with pins and the plastic the mold was wrapped in were intact and no water got to the mold or pins. Dodged a boolit with this one!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast