RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Coleman Stove Image and Repair Thread

Boolit Master

Have you tried Coleman? No go? Then give this place a shot. Check out their forum also.

https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/home...tion=0&page=24

There may be grates for other stoves that fit yours.

Regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

There are advantages to the white gas stoves and lanterns over the propane ones. Propane will not flow in sub Arctic temps. Canadian military still uses white gas models. The only maintainence I have done to my nearly 40 year old Coleman stove is adding a few drops of oil to the leather each season. That and the dirt dauber cleaning that was afore mentioned in another post.
    If grasshoppers carried .45's the birds wouldnt mess with them.

Boolit Buddy
    I found a 2 burner for $7 at an antique place. Needed a touch of oil on the oil seal an it burns like a champ

I found a Coleman stove tag says:
    413 B
    Built 1940 - 45
    MER 8A12-15

Is it worth picking up as a collectors item? Anyone know if parts can be found in order to make it work if there are repairs needed?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

I have a squad stove from Korean War era, still works well. Have a couple of lanterns from before I was born. They all work well and you can still get parts for them. Cooked a few thousand meals on the old gas colemans in my younger days.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

You can check the Coleman store in Wichita, Ks. That's where they originated, they can tell you anything you want to know about them.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    There is not much to get for parts. We use to make are own leathers instead of buying them. Some times clean out the pump up tube with acetone oil the seals that’s about it. I have always used pump gas works great. It seems here in Missouri the alcohol content in the gas is way down from the past.you could smell it like at the drag races from the cars running 100% alcohol. The non alcohol gas works also much better in small engines and lawn mowers.in the stoves it runs hotter than gas blended with alcohol and it doesn’t corrode like blended fuels either.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Ibought a Coleman G+Feather stove and lantern years ago from a camping store in Sydney.
    I asked about fuel and the owner said I could use gasoline (we call it petrol here), but it was a bit sooty. He sold 20litre (5US Gals) of Nalgene, which is used by the dry cleaners and is virtually identical to Shellite I think.
    It worked well for years.
    I haven't used them for awhile as the throw away butane canisters are as cheap as chips and so easy to use.
    I must dust them off.
    The Feather has a blocked Generator, but I have a new one to fit to it.
    I also have a big green two burner Coleman stove, boy! That gets rocking!
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Bub
    I used one camping and on fishing trips. Still got it and works great. Bought another one about 5 years ago. I've got about 4 or 5 of them now use one for making ingots.the others general camp use. I keep a extra generator or two handy($10 at Wally world) other than that maintenance free and very dependable. I grab them whenever I see em at sales.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
    I grab them whenever I see em at sales.
    HaHa! I'm the same with Vacuum Flasks.
    One of my first jobs was in a big, old fashioned Department store as a sales assistant.
    We sold lots of Thermos brand vacuum flasks (English brand great quality glass vacuum flasks) and also the American Stanley Stainless Steel vacuum flasks.
    I ended up really liking these two brands and have several examples of each.
    My Chinese wife and I both like black Ceylon tea and there is an old Thermos flask beside me on the table which gets filled with new tea two to three times a day. I picked it up for $2 at the Salvation Army junk store (I gave them $5, $2 was too cheap).
    I'd love to know it's history, the plastic cup split a few years ago and the metal body of the flask had been painted gold by the original owner who is now pushing up daisies no doubt.
    These flasks and the camp stoves are a better option than wasting money in a restaurant, simple pleasures.
    We pull up under a shady tree, much better for the pocket and the soul.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123