Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So when is the Winnemucca shoot this year?

Hey Love Life,

Let us know your OK! Just knowing you are in the vicinity of Hawthorne make me nerveous! So it will be good to hear from you.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Love Life
    I'm still here. It is a sad day indeed when something like this happens. I am praying for the loved ones of the dead and injured Marines.

Boolit Master
    Just for fun, I had one of my salmon gear suppliers (Silver Horde Fishing Supplies) that does a lot of chrome and gold plating gold plate some 30/30 cases. They surprised me with them after a couple months wait. I am in the process of making a trophy of one of them on a figured maple block of wood for a trophy for that 150 yard gong shoot I proposed on page 1. Wish I was a better wood worker!

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    I am in the process of making a trophy of one of them on a figured maple block of wood for a trophy for that 150 yard gong shoot I proposed on page 1. Wish I was a better wood worker!
    Bet your trophy will be well received. Nobody ever rejected any of mine!
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Glad to see more postings here!

We are working towards making this years NCBS, we will continue to update as time gets nearer.

Come One, Come All. You will have a blast!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Love Life
    Bummer. I won't make it to the Friday dinner. If I leave at the buttcrack of dawn on Satuday I can make the range. I should be there for Saturday and Sunday. I hope there is a spot in Water Canyon.

Boolit Master

Glad to hear you are going to be able to make it.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_G View Post
    Glad to hear you are going to be able to make it.
    Ditto

Boolit Master
    here is one for old timers..i do not work in may...no gun shows at all.....bad news no loads worked up for any guns. have been working back to back weekends for over two years....now just one a month most months....none in july and may ..2 in june....(currently working on my 1000yd br rifle..not cb)
    i could just drive over..lol
    mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mike in co View Post
    here is one for old timers..i do not work in may...no gun shows at all.....bad news no loads worked up for any guns. have been working back to back weekends for over two years....now just one a month most months....none in july and may ..2 in june....(currently working on my 1000yd br rifle..not cb)
    i could just drive over..lol
    mike in co
    Guaranteed you will have a good time

I was just informed that I have a conflict of interest in the dates of NCBS this year and tickets and lodging to see Ron White the comedian guy. All this was done months ago when you still could get tickets to the show.
    I was really looking forwards to this years get together but alas it is not meant to be. The Gods of the silver stream have not smiled favorably on me this year.
    So the best I can do is to tell you all that I will miss the great company you all have become and will hopefully be able to give it a decent go next year.
    To say I was not a happy camper would be putting it mildly but when SWMBO tells me she already set this up months ago I guess I have to become the "Yes, Princess Buttercup, as you wish" husband I have turned into.
    I know, I sad day in the Betts household but I have to be alive to be able to make it next year.
    I wish each and everyone of you that makes the trip to NCBS this year a safe journey and more fun than is legally allowed.I will be thinking of you all. Good shooting....Walt and Jane

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    [QUOTE=NVWalt; when SWMBO tells me she already set this up months ago I guess I have to become the "Yes, Princess Buttercup, as you wish"/QUOTE]

Walt, you have discovered the secret of a happy married life. I will miss both of you, but there are only so many things you can fit into the schedule. We rerun "The Princess Bride" frequently. I call it "Fran's husband training film."
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

I am going to make it, but this is my first time. NO I will not be wearing white. I just wanna know where in the giant metropolis of Winnemuca to start looking for this gathering?? I am figuring on being in that area probably about mid day on the 17th, unless I get wild and drive all the way on Thursday, then it would be late on the 16th. Someone please tell me a central meeting place. JW

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Unless the planners come up with something new, The first "organized" meet will be at The Griddle in downtown Winnemucca, West side of the main drag, about 3 blocks south of where U.S.95 hits that St.@ 1 pm Friday, 5-17,for lunch... If you do arrive on the 16th,we can get together that evening.. See the PM for that info..
    Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Vendor Sponsor
    I will be there sometime after work on Friday. My son Daniel may make it also. Don't look for me till around 7:00 pm. I have been putting up some loads to bring and have come up short 50 rounds of 32 special brass. Only thing I can think of is that I left it in Winnemucca last year. Did any of you all end up with a extra smoke colored Berrys Manuf plastic 50 rd case with 32 spec brass in it?

Boolit Master

Looking forward to seeing you again Bruce. Hopefully meet your son as well.
    Don't have your brass but I have someone else's...

Tim Janke sent me a red Midway 510 box with 8x57JS Norma brass in it last August or so.
    He thought it was mine but it isn't.

Anyways, this box has 10 loaded rounds and 23 empties plus there is one piece of 300 Savage brass (empty) in there.
    I'll be bringing that with me and hopefully it will get back to it's proper owner.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned

I wondered where that "smoke colored Berrys Manuf plastic 50 rd case with 32 spec brass" came from...

Well looks like I get to take next weekend off with my girl. First time in 2 years now. Looks like either Winnemucca or the coast. I don't have one load, not fired one shot, and haven't even had my reloading bench set up since November before last...

Boolit Master
    Pat,
    We have a week. Besides, if you don't have anything to bring, you can always try to beat NV Curmudgeon with his own rifle!!

If you do decide on Winnemucca, there are a couple of the RockDock plates that I would be interested in having you bring along, if you have them already made up.

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Banned

We have a week... sheesh- I'm up to my elbows around here yet. No time to shoot.

I bought a rifle for the match this year and haven't even got to fire it, yet work up a load. It's a beautiful 1885 Winchester in 22 Lovell with a Unerti (J. Unertl 1.25" Varmint 10X scope) on it built by C.E. Roderick, Monett, Mo.

I was so hoping to beat Tim Janke with this one...

Oh well, life will resume fully by the later part of this year...

Boolit Master
    Leaving tomorrow for a few days camped up in Paradise Valley picture taking and listening to the quail talk. We look forward to seeing everyone on Friday and Saturday.
    If anyone is interested, we will be camped at the foot of the road headed to Hinkey Summit at the junction of the forks of Big Indian Creek (assuming my truck can ford the creek to get to camp as in the past).
    Drive safely to all.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast