Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So when is the Winnemucca shoot this year?

Boolit Master

So when is the Winnemucca shoot this year?

Gonna be in June again?

On Heaven's Range

Well, the '12 Shoot was in June and apparently went fine. I was in a Reno hospital and missed it...thanks AGAIN to those who stepped-up to replace me.

I still can't really believe that one of the earlier Nevada Shoots was held in APRIL, and we got away with it!

The 2013 Shoot is up in the air right now. My left leg was amputated just below the knee back around May, and I am just now beginning my struggles with a new prosthetic limb. Slow going!

At this point I really don't know how much I personally will be able to do. We will have some discussions and see what shakes out. June does look very likely however, and an announcement will be made as soon as possible.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Love Life
    I am looking forward to it and I hope it comes together. I have a steel Echo silhouette everybody can shoot at on the rifle range. I also heard you went 5 for 5 on the long range rifle shoot BruceB and I bet you can do it again. I'm a few hours away from Winnemucca, but if there is anything I can do to help let me know. I also have a smorgasbord of paper targets everybody can use (200).

Boolit Master
    The last couple years the announcement was made in late Feb. or March. I rather liked May since, being from the Olympic Peninsula, I am not used to the heat and those snowstorms in 2010 and 2011 were SOP. I can understand my friends from southern climes not appreciating shooting in a snowstorm however. I have a new gong setup ready for this get-together that I would like to set out at 130-140 yards for offhand shooting with iron sights ( I am apparently too old to get a good sight picture much farther away). Might be fun to have a 10-shot three minute challenge with that gong.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Quilbilly,hoping your idea has traction,as I'm now long a 30/06 BPR(Browning Version of the Amish machine gun)...and/or several of the 10rd Colyer Mags for the Remington Version...May 17-19 gets 1st place vote here,but expect us WHENEVER... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    Christmas, Thanksgiving, and NCBS are my favorite things. I think if I just hang that gong out there and put an egg timer on the bench, the idea will have traction. Maybe a scoreboard too just for giggles. I see it was -21F in Winnemucca the last couple days. Bruce - I hope you are doing OK.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 01-15-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Boolit Master

I too like the May time frame. Rather have the cool than the heat but whatever works will work for me as well.
    I just hope I'm not on call...
    Ward, I'm liking that gong idea of yours a lot.
    Looking forward to it.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I'm in too last year was an amazing weekend even though we had to leave early Sunday . I'm happy to throw in however I can help. And I should have a new rifle all worked up for the task.

Kass most likely won't join me this year, as the newest Hart will be just about 6 weeks old. On the other the sooner ya get them started the better.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

I'm getting into that time frame where I need to plan my time off.
    They are already talking about setting the second quarter on call schedule at work.
    Any possibility of setting a date in the near future?
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned

I've got to make it this year. I have to be totally moved out of my old place by may 1st, so should be doable. Last year I was moving into this place and moving my shop so I couldn't go.

On Heaven's Range

The date for this year's festivities is under active discussion right now. We should have a decision in the near future.

trouble is, there's always SOMEONE who will find whatever is decided, to be unsuitable.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Oh,OH.. do you think Bruce might be talking about ME..(Not really likely,Unless Joy tries dancing in front of the tube,again).....Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master

Thanks Bruce.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned

Anyone heard from NVWalt?

Boolit Master
    If there is something that needs doing, I will be in Winnemucca for a few days while Holly attends the "Shooting the West" photography symposium. I will only be at the event on Friday all day.

Hey all,

Any date is right for us provided health issues are at minimum to none. As far as timing, we like May, but know it can snow, I'm betting May 17-19 will be shirt sleeve weather this year!

So if this happens to be the date choosen and the weather is Bad! .....Just blame it on MAC
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 02-08-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    The ocean conditions where our storms come from are similar to 2010 and 2011 but on the equator there is another La Nina developing. May should be cool but likely dry.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    The scheduling committee has met and the 2013 NCBS #14 will be held May 17 (labor and getting together,) 18 and 19 (shooting). As last year, Mac and I will be arriving in Winnemucca on Thursday May 16 for making our number with restaurants and suppliers. If you liked last year's schedule you'll love this year's, because it is the same. Meet Friday at the Griddle 1 PM, pick up tables and chairs at Brown's, dinner and Rools Committy meeting at the same Mexican restaurant, name escapes me. Saturday meet at the range for setup at 8 AM, open the range at 9 AM, dinner wherever you chose. Sunday, same range schedule, awards dinner at the Martin Hotel.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master

YeeHaw!!
    If I could have picked the weekend, that's the one I would have picked.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Love it. Can't wait!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast