Views:	72 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	69982

( Alaska )
    montague island halibut
    Kasilof dip net'n for reds
    Kenai River / Kasilof for Kings / trout
    Middle fork / Tangle lakes float for grayling / trout
    Whittier for hearing / the road in for hooligan.
    little su for burbot

yeah there may be one road in and spring comes late, but fishing we have a plenty... all you have to do is head north from where you are and stop after you get past Canada...
    I'm so glad its fishing season ! ! !

Actually have 3 secret spots, one in Alaska , San Diego, and Costa Rica.
    High Hook

Toledo Bend, and Sam Rayburn... Awesome Largemouth Bass, and Crappie lakes...
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not"
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by HighHook View Post
    Actually have 3 secret spots, one in Alaska , San Diego, and Costa Rica.
    I hear Costa Rica has some amazing fishing...

Boolit Master

Penns Creek during the green drake hatch!
    Gun control is not about guns.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo1 View Post
    Toledo Bend, and Sam Rayburn... Awesome Largemouth Bass, and Crappie lakes...
    Dad worked on Sam Rayburn when they were building it, we fished dam b, mostly at night and would literally load the boat with crappie. iirc we usually used black and white h and h's.Dam B is called something else now, but I can't remember what it is.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, down in Colorado, there is great fishing under the dam at the reservoir, if any one wants real details, just PM me.

Boolit Bub
    Brenta River in Italy-brown trout, brook trout, rainbow trout all in the same area which is unusual! Also they have Marble trout there which the locals said is a hibird, I've watched them eat 12"rainbows. huge teeth on them and they even have a row of teeth on their tongue! I got one mounted, figured it was a once in a life time chance since they only live in a 50 mile area in the world as i was told. Figured it was a good fish almost 24" long but the taxidermist strated to laugh and kept saying "babino" which is baby. he pointed to one on his wall that was 65lbs. Next would have to be the 10,000 islands down the road, huge Tarpon,Snook,Redfish. You hve to watch out there though i've had to smack a gator with the push pole which wanted to steal my friends snook of his line and more than once we had to run circles around a released tarpon with the boat to try to keep the Hammerhead,Bull shark, or Tiger sharks from eating the 125lb fish.

Gulf of Mexico

Boolit Master
    The Mississippi river delta marsh south of Venice, LA, and the oil rigs in the gulf of Mexico.

Boolit Buddy

A hidden jewel named Kingscote Lake in Ontario. Haven't been there since the late '70's, spent many of my early summers fishing there with my dad. Dad's gone now and so is the cabin, since the lake's now in the forever wild part of Algonquin P.P. But there's a few other places that's high on my list too. Donner Lake in California and salmon fishing in Alaska, fished both of those places with the Brother-in-Law who's also no longer with us. The "Holy Waters" of the Owens River just above Bishop, CA is right up there too. Just starting to learn the Catskill rivers and streams and someday hope to have some new favorites.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ammohead View Post
    East Walker River in NV, spot called the Elbow. Property owned by Paris Hilton's grandfather Baron Hilton. Keep hoping she will drop in for breakfast some morning but nothing yet. Mostly rainbows, some browns. Absolute quiet for the most part, beautiful scenery. The sandy soil yields deer tracks, bear tracks, mountain lion and an occasional desert big horn will show up for water. The surrounding area also holds pronghorn and sage grouse. Just up stream is a catch and release section of the river that is considered by the Eddie Bauer types to be trophy quality, not my kettle of fish. Rarely more than one other camper on non-holiday weekends, one of the wests best kept secrets. Don't tell anyone.
    Nice place and I think you'd be better off without Paris Hilton! OBTW, try to find a copy of the B&W Robert Mitchum movie "Out of the Past", there's some nice shots of the E. Walker and Bridgeport in it.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

Boolit Master
    Miami canals and now the Mississippi and Missouri rivers.

Boolit Master

I have been doing a lot of salmon and steelhead drift fishing the Rogue River here in SW Oregon.
    Gotta say it`s my favorite....dale

Boolit Mold
    Chesapeake Bay.

Boolit Mold
    This time of year, the Bay produces Croaker just about everywhere. It's big. Not many secret holes around here. If you bring your wife or kids, beach the boat on the west side of the barrier islands and beach comb to your hearts content. Chris Bait & Tackle in Townsend is a good place to start.

Boolit Master

Port O'Connor, Tx. Anything more specific than that and I'd have to kill you. ; ) LOTS of bull reds over the years and a couple of sharks in the 5'+ range. Once had a 48" or so redfish bitten clean in two by a shark as we were reeling it in. Also used to gather blue crabs by the cooler full in the tidal flats and slay the flounder back before the limits made it not worth the effort. Good times.

Lake Fork for black bass. Enough said.

Gibbons Creek reservoir for catfish. Everyone there bass fishes and the catfish are overlooked. Once put 90+ lbs of fish in the boat in 2 hours, with 5 fish over 10 lbs including one that went 18lbs.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico - landed 8 blue marlin over 8' in 3 days, along with 35 dorado (mahi mahi). Beautiful place and unbelievable fishing.

Boolit Mold
    Lake Tawakoni Texas, best sand bass fishin on earth. You get that giant school of shadd and fish turning that water to a boil. You can put a hundred fish in the boat in half an hour, between four people.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ripper View Post
    Lake Tawakoni Texas, best sand bass fishin on earth. You get that giant school of shadd and fish turning that water to a boil. You can put a hundred fish in the boat in half an hour, between four people.
    Been there done that on Lavon (back when it had water in it), Buchanan, and a few others. You're right - there's nothing quite like it. Good fun to throw back all the ones that are "too skinny" on your way to a limit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast