RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How much TP in a years supply

Boolit Buddy
    If the test subject is a blind man how does he know when to stop wiping?

Boolit Buddy
    like Fryboy, I tend to use more to blow my nose. God help me if I have diarrea
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by legend 550 View Post
    if the test subject is a blind man how does he know when to stop wiping?
    untill the paper stops slipping over the dirty spot!!

Boolit Master

35 DAYS ON ONE ROLL????? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. I NEED TO BUY BY THE PALLET LOAD THEN!

When I was growing up there was a TV show called "Branded" and it had a theme song. We changed it to the words:

"Stranded, stranded, stranded on the bathroom booooooowwwllllll,
    what do you do when you're stranded
    you want to prove you're a man
    so you wipe with your haaaaaaaaannnnddd"

Man that was a LONG time ago.

Throw a couple of women in your study, one of which has not gone through menopause yet. Usage will be out the roof.

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    If you bug out it is one of the bulkiest things to carry. Learn to get by without it if you can. The ancient Romans used a rag on a stick in a bucket of water. Find out what grasses, leaves, rocks and other materiels are useful. Also in an emergency most of the foods we depend on for loose bowels may be scarce, fresh fruits and vegetables for example.
    No it's not. Take out the cardboard inner and smash it flat. Packs very nicely!

I can't believe we're discussing this subject but I am solidly laughing my butt off and I haven't been drinking tonight..........................................b ut really it's NOT funny the thought of having to go without TP. And that rag on a stick thing YUCK! I'm guessing after a year I'd be skinny again.......

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty's Retired View Post
    Be sure everyone knows what poison oak looks like.
    Or here in Texas, Bullnettle
    Cast Boolits, Where lead balloons go over....

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by softpoint View Post
    Or here in Texas, Bullnettle
    I reckon if someone squats in a bull nettle patch, they will remember it for a while.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by legend 550 View Post
    If the test subject is a blind man how does he know when to stop wiping?
    when he feels teeth
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    I don't need any women in the study I want to find out the real number.

It sounds like TP will be much in demand as trading stock especially with the women folk and paper making would be a good survival skill to learn.

If you want to learn more about paper making here are some links:

http://ipst.gatech.edu/amp/

http://www.handpapermaking.org/

http://www.iapma.info/ (international association)
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

In Remembrance
    After reading this thread, I have come to the conclusion that the only reason the pioneers used a covered wagon to cross the country instead of walking or riding a horse, was to HAUL THE TP, there just couldn't have been room for anything else. lol

Banned

sittin on them made the ride a lot smoother too.
    there wasn't much suspension movement on a wooden axle hooked to wooden wheels and a box.

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    sittin on them made the ride a lot smoother too.
    there wasn't much suspension movement on a wooden axle hooked to wooden wheels and a box.
    This topic has really gone down the toilet.

They were called Therapeutic Paper
    http://encyclopedia.toiletpaperworld...rical-timeline

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    After reading this thread, I have come to the conclusion that the only reason the pioneers used a covered wagon to cross the country instead of walking or riding a horse, was to HAUL THE TP, there just couldn't have been room for anything else. lol
    The Conestoga wagon was not set up to ride in as it was a freighter. Basically a waterproof boat on wheels for river crossings. They walked along side of the wagon.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conestoga_wagon
    Attachment 58358

Boolit Master

I miss the old Sears catalogs in the outhouse....One would last year until we got the new one.
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Grand Master

In 1963, was stationed in Tiawan. The Commissary ran out of American TP, and for a short while we had only Chineese TP. Sort of a cross between Crep Paper and Sandpaper. A loud cry from the wives sturred some action from the brass, and it was not long before we had American TP again. Somebody said they flew a 130 load from Okeynowa in to satisfy the ladies.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master

this thread is so funny
    How much TP you use is totally up to what life throws your way. I use it for a lot of stuff beside the throne, kleenx, cleaning tools, in my tumbler to catch the gunk, when painting, heck anything really that I want to throw away when I done and paper towels are to big for.
    I think I go through 90 rolls a year of Tp and about the same for paper towels I use them instead of real towels for now in a shtf most likely would go back to real towels and just wash them a lot.
    Forget the women in the house little kids are so funny when using TP, when I have mine sometimes we go through 2 rolls in a day and then we go through 1 in a weekend nope haven't figured that out yet.
    When I was married we went through around 10 rolls a week but there were 7 of us in the house so most likely not to bad.
    think of it this way if you think you use say 60 rolls a year get 180 as you just might be surprised how much trading in a shtf deal that could get you or maybe a few hundred rolls just to be safe. If anyone ever found out you had tp and they didn't you think thieves are bad just get someone who needs tp and doesn't have any coming after you. ha ha
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    After **it hits the fan the money won't be worth anything so you could wipe with $100 bills. Might be a bit pricey to stock up on though!
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Back in my youth, in ol' Kentucky the outhouse had a supply of red and white corncobs. You first wiped with the red, then wiped with the white to see if you needed to wipe again with the red!! (true story - at least it was true back on Chicken Gizzard Ridge right outside of Possum Trot)

Boolit Master

Along the same lines, I used to work with a fella that was, shall we say, a bit erratic, but funny as hell. So I asked him one day why he thought the way that he did and he told me: "My wife and I raised four daughters in a one bathroom house."
    That answered all of my questions!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by mud lake View Post
    Back in my youth, in ol' Kentucky the outhouse had a supply of red and white corncobs. You first wiped with the red, then wiped with the white to see if you needed to wipe again with the red!! (true story - at least it was true back on Chicken Gizzard Ridge right outside of Possum Trot)
    Iirc, that is right down the way from buzzard lips and turkey track isn't it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast